Does your swing match your clubs?

This is why i am considering another set. Just to try some different shafts.

That would be a great option One T. If I had some extra Modus shafts to send your way I would. My swing isn't fast but agressive like yours. I really think you'd benefit from those shafts. Lightweight (not too light) and pretty stout. We need to find a way to get a round in so you can try my I20's.

whats the fun in that?!?!

LOL. I'm with you haha.

Love me some fittings but honestly, just experimenting has worked out much better for me. From driver shaft to iron shafts. As Hawk said, it can be kinda overkill.

My swing definitely does NOT match my clubs! I've been struggling all year with my irons! I am just all over the place with them. The PX flighted 5.5 shafts just don't match my swing at all. I had aTaylorMade demo fitting (not full fitting) that the pro told me my shafts were NOT right for me!! He had me in the RBZ Max with the Matrix Ozik Program graphite shafts. BUT the price was around $1300. Waaayyyy too much for me.

That's why I'm going to try some stiff graphite shafts in them. I have a Miyazaki 59s shaft that I'm going to put in my TM 2.0 7i. If I need to, I'll try some others. My TM SuperTri has a Miyazaki 43s that I absolutely LOVE. My driver is my most consistant club in my bag right now!!!

I haven't really hit my Mashie well for over a month, but I still have hope that my swing is the problem with it. That's why I'm going to try the Miyazaki graphite first for my irons. I'm hoping that I won't have to go back to my Nike OSS irons! I also love my Callaway Jaws wedges and their shafts!

I haven't gotten to the Mizuno shaft optimizer yet. But, I will try it soon.

Last edited:
LOL. I'm with you haha.

Love me some fittings but honestly, just experimenting has worked out much better for me. From driver shaft to iron shafts. As Hawk said, it can be kinda overkill.

dude, you have like 4 sets of clubs...I wanna be like Tina

I think my current shafts in my irons do fit me well. I have that confidence because I went through a full iron/shaft fitting at a Callaway performance center. I was playing X100 shafts and liked them quite a lot, but the numbers didn't lie and I was getting half a club more distance (at least) with the DGS300s with almost exactly the same dispersion I was getting with X100s. Plus mentally, I don't feel I have to crush the DGS300s like I do the X100s, so I generally swing them with better tempo producing better distance and dispersion out on the course. I love having actual facts backing up my equipment as it produces a much better mental state out on the course.

Now that being said, I'd love to find a lighter shaft that provided the same dispersion and control I currently get. Why? I'm not getting any younger and I'm never against optimizing my distance. I'd love to try out something like the aerotechs but it seems impossible to test those out outside of buying them.

Great thread idea. My answer is probably not, but I'm working on it. I feel like my FWs are a pretty good match for me. My driver is close I think as the results are there when I don't put the weenie cut (lol Hawk) on it. I do feel like I need to look into stiffer flexes in my irons though. Currently play regular. I've been hitting the demo irons at the store in stiff and seeing much tighter groupings with them. Like you guys have said, numbers are important, so I'm actually going to get an iron fitting next week. I'm pretty set on the model I want, so mostly it will be a shaft fitting for me. I'm hopeful that if we finish early, we can take a look at my driver as well.

Not really sure how to answer this. I feel like it does. I have been fit. But I'm not exactly in love with the fitting. It was not an a LM. That is only for my irons also. I didn't get a driver fitting. I would love to get a comprehensive fitting at some point with everything done outside on a LM.

I hope so since I was fit for my clubs.

I think when I got fitted for my RAZR Fit driver I realized that the stock shaft on it worked best for my swing, but so many other people with my swing speed thought the stock shaft felt too soft. So I think for sure with my driver shaft I ended up with the shaft that fits my swing best based on my transition, because many of you saw how well I hit that shaft at the MC. Many others with my SS might think its too soft, but for me it works perfectly and it definitely surprised me.

I would also say the same thing about my irons because I was fit for a certain shaft based on my SS, and I ended up taking some of the info from my fitting and trying a different shaft and my game improved dramatically. The shaft that the fitter was giving me was based on my swing speed but didn't take into account that I was already a high ball hitter, so the shafts ended up launching too high for me. Now I've got one that is still for my swing speed, but the shaft is better for my swing because it brought the flight down a little lower which works great.

I have some px 6.5 with low ss but I just can't get rid of them :)
There's something about them along with the Callaway heads that create distance, height and feel
Although I have a fairly low ss (88 mph 6i) I have an aggressive and steep swing which I think suit these clubs

I love it when some new guys talk to me about my clubs and they're like really surprised when I say the shafts that I got.

Interesting thread Freddie. I've bought all my clubs based on trying a variety of different clubs at demo days. I think the shafts in my irons do fit my swing right now. I love the Miyazaki C Kua hybrid shaft that I have in all my hybrids and I think this shaft fits my swing perfectly.

Where I don't think my clubs match my swing is in my driver and 3 wood. I love the R11S driver and the RBZ 3 wood but neither shaft I believe is right for me. This is the main reason I've been spending a lot of time in the B. Asha threads. I want to learn as much about these shafts as possible because I will be putting new shafts in both my driver and 3 wood and these shafts really have me interested after listing to Tim when he was on THP radio with JB a while back. I feel like I'm losing distance and accuracy with my current shafts. I feel like my R11S shaft doesn't load and has no kick which it's hurting my distance. The RBZ shaft I feel like I have to baby and don't feel like I can put a good, aggressive swing on the ball which is causing accuracy issues on the course. I will definitely be upgrading the shafts in my woods in the near future.

Right now absolutely not. My bag is looking like it might need a complete overhaul. Could be the weather too though for a few clubs since heat is not graphite's friend.

Right now absolutely not. My bag is looking like it might need a complete overhaul. Could be the weather too though for a few clubs since heat is not graphite's friend.

You aren't getting along with the C. Kuas in your irons?

You aren't getting along with the C. Kuas in your irons?

I love them but lately I seem to be overloading the heck out of them. Especially when I get to my FW or Driver.

I love them but lately I seem to be overloading the heck out of them. Especially when I get to my FW or Driver.

Interesting. Are you looking to go to something stiffer, but still similar shafts, or something else entirely?

Interesting. Are you looking to go to something stiffer, but still similar shafts, or something else entirely?

I'm not too sure what I can do. The problem is if I go to a stiffer shaft its 30-40 grams heavier too lol.

I'm not too sure what I can do. The problem is if I go to a stiffer shaft its 30-40 grams heavier too lol.

Yeah I hate that. Check out the B. Asha dude, at least for your driver. You can get lightweight and pretty stout. I think that's awesome.

Yeah I hate that. Check out the B. Asha dude, at least for your driver. You can get lightweight and pretty stout. I think that's awesome.

Yeah I am going to be following that testing. The radio interview was interesting.

Yeah I am going to be following that testing. The radio interview was interesting.

Sure is, I'm listening to it now for like the fifth time.

My clubs are a great match I have DG S300's in my irons and I hit a nice high ball flight and a good amount of spin where the ball will land and be inches away on the short irons and a few feet away on the long irons. Now if I can find some aerotech's that are a little lighter and can hold up to an agressive transition with the same performance I would switch. The heft of the 130g shaft can get a little old and they aren't as smooth as I would like but they perform great.

Tried the Nippon or GS 85? Heavier yes, but it might be worth a shot. Or can they be hard stepped?

NM, I misread your post :)

So those that aren't matched up what is the fix? Do you go get a proper fitting? Do nothing?

I don't shape the ball much, I prefer to play straight shots, especially with my irons. I often wonder if i'd be better suited to go with a slightly more GI iron set, since I am not worried about shaping the ball.

Back