What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Wipeout for the first time this season.

Waiting til about 15 or 20 after to start watching Harper's Island.

recording the season premiere of Burn Notice.

I thought it was a great season premiere, but I had one issue with it. Harland throws a 55 gallon drum out the window into the water, then shoots it and makes it explode. Being someone who deals with drums a lot, I found this ridiculous, even a empty one is heavy. The show is usually pretty good about keeping it real.

Im watching "Journey to 10,000 BC. If anyone has a in for me to become one of these reenactment actors let me know. I think I might choose a new career path.

We actually just thought the season premiere was OK. I was expecting more.

Just finished watching Federer win the French Open.

Rays winning and Yankees losing. It may not last all night, but it is good while it does.

I watched the golf tournament last sunday, haven't turned the TV on since then. I could quite easily give up all TV forever...but take away my computer & I would die:D

Baseball.

We watched Man vs. Food tonight and he attempted to eat an 8 lb burger with a 2lb bun and all the fixins (I am not sure how to write that). My stomach was turning just watching him. Needless to say for this competition food definitely won.

She does math like the internet driving average guys too. It was 4.5 lbs of beef and 7 lbs total after bun and fixins...

He failed but went down swinging.

Fuddruckers has a 1lb burger, that's just the patty, & it's plenty big enough for me. No way could I eat 2 of them much less 7lbs of anything.

Love that show (Man vs. Food), that guy is insane with some of the stuff he tries to eat.

Love that show (Man vs. Food), that guy is insane with some of the stuff he tries to eat.

I think the taco one in Texas and the Curry in NY were my favorites.

The habanero wings with no drink was crazy.

The Big Texan: Home of the Free 72 oz. Steak:

Since then, 10's of thousands people from around the world have traveled to Amarillo and attempted to eat the specially cut 72-oz. top sirloin steak, a baked potato, salad, dinner roll and shrimp cocktail. Some have succeeded in completing the feat and joining the ranks of Big Texan champions. Many have failed
72ozSteaklarger.jpg

http://www.bigtexan.com/

Note the webcam link. It looks like someone is trying right now. Only 2 minutes left though.

EDIT: One minute and he's hurtin'.

EDIT #2: My mistake. Looks like he's still got a lot of time and will make it. But he's still hurtin'.

EDIT #3: The Contest Rules. (Please note Rule #6, which I have highlighted in red.) :

FREE 72OZ STEAK DINNER RULES
Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 oz. Steak

1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)...YOU LOSE!

2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”

3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.

4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.

5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.

6. Should you become ill, the contest is over... YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)

7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.

8. You must sit at a table that we assign.

9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.

10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.

The Big Texan: Home of the Free 72 oz. Steak:

72ozSteaklarger.jpg

http://www.bigtexan.com/

Note the webcam link. It looks like someone is trying right now. Only 2 minutes left though.

EDIT: One minute and he's hurtin'.

I couldn't get it to open up for me, but on the list of "72 oz. Steak Eaters" somebody finished it in 9.5 minutes back in '87:bulgy-eyes:

Dam Harry, the Big Texan webcam is one of the best things ever invented. Im going to watch this every night now.

I ate there once. Unfortunately I didn't like the steak that was served to me. I ate it because it was so late and I didn't want to wait for them to make another one. My medium rare was a little more than medium (towards the well side).

He did it, but he RAN somewhere as soon as they announced that he won.

(I'm guessing he didn't want to be on the webcam using "the container provided as necessary.")

We have a couple of those boot glasses here!

He did it, but he RAN somewhere as soon as they announced that he won.

(I'm guessing he didn't want to be on the webcam using "the container provided as necessary.")

I was going to call the restaurant and see if they could have the people blocking the table from the webcam move. But I lost motivation. I need to make a trip to the Big Texan.

The habanero wings with no drink was crazy.

Was that the one where he rubbed his face with the napkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back