what are we paying to golf at municipal/public courses near you?

My home course allows public access on certain days and times. I think the rates are very reasonable and somewhere in the range of $40-$50 with cart.

I guess it's a common set-up in recent years to allow public access to country clubs at certain times and days to offset some expenses and increase play. As a member, I don't mind it and have never had issue with guests of the facilities. However, we do have a few members that should be banished for life. :angry:

Because I'm a student, I pay 20 at the local muni. Too bad I don't have time to play, lol.

I pay $28 to $40 for a round, walking. Maybe $50 for a really spectacular course like Falcon Lake, Clear Lake or Minnewasta. I'm very fortunate in some ways to be where I am.

I have a city pass $800 (year), then pay $5 week days, $6 on weekends. City has 5 nice courses

Sent from my DROID X2

Around here, I've payed $20-35 for walking, $36-49 riding. I usually play at a course owned by the city of Albany, and it's only $20 to walk and $36 to ride regardless of when you play (morning/afternoon, weekday/weekend).

My home course Redgate for a city resident with an advantage card is $ 25.00 with a cart.
This is a challenging course with lots of hills.

Here are the rates at the course I usually play, although it's closed until May (renovation).

Weekdays (Monday-Friday)
Open – 11am: $16 walking | $28 riding

11am – 2pm: $16 walking | $26 riding

2pm – 6pm: $16 walking | $24 riding

6pm – Dark: $14 walking | $20 riding

Senior Rate (55+): $15 walking | $26 riding

Junior Rate (17-): $14 walking | $20 riding

Weekends & Holidays
Open – 11am: $26 walking | $38 riding

11am – 2pm: $20 walking | $32 riding

2pm – 6pm: $16 walking | $26 riding

6pm – Dark: $14 walking | $20 riding

Special Rates
9-Hole Early Bird (Back Nine only; first 90 minutes of day; 7 days/week): $14 walking | $20 riding

At Falcon Lakes, where I am playing tomorrow, these are the rates:

2012 In-Season Rates
Monday - Friday $43 Open to 11:50 am
Monday - Friday Twilight $38 12:00-2:50 pm
Senior (55 and over) Monday - Friday $30 Any time of day
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays $54 Open to 11:50 am
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays Twilight $43 12:00-2:50 pm
Super Twilight (7 days/wk) $30 3:00 pm to Close
All rates include cart and tax.

That doesnt sound real. That much diffenrence. Your of course not talking all at the same course are you?

No, that's for different courses in my area. I live within a 30 minute drive of at least 30 courses.

Dan

Our highest rates to play on our local courses in metro Louisville are very, very reasonable. During season March through November) it is $16.00 to walk 18 on on the weekends and $13.75 during the week. A cart is $14.00 for 18 holes for a single player or $24.00 for 2 players. So $28.00 on the weekends if you and a partner want to play with a cart. Not many places can beat those rates.

$12 for me being military at the course on post, like $8 on Tuesdays. What is killing me is the driving range, going daily and hitting almost $10 worth of balls, adds up quick. A place back home offers unlimited driving range time/balls for like $40 a month, definitely a deal that I wish all courses did.

Most in my area are around $30 for 18 walking weekend prime hours. But as the season nears end here there are a lot of deals to be had. Played yesterday for $15 w/cart for 18

Back at home in NJ I can get onto a muni for like $10. I love golfing at those places.

I don't play many muni's around where I live..... Not sure what the cost is per round but membership at the course I'm a member at is $175 a month and that is cart included.

My local muni is $350 per year and $10.70 each time I ride. The walk up rate is $24.00 with cart. When I head over to the Goat Track it is $15.00 with cart. All of the others munis in the area range from $30 to $45 so I play quite a few of them regularly.

All of the below is summer peak weekend rates...

My regular home course is a city owned muni. It is $42 to walk. I never ride so I don't know what that costs. The course is okay.

A 9 hole executive course closer to my home that is built in a retirement community is like $12 - $14 to walk. The course is okay.

A privately run public course is like $65 to walk 18. You can buy a season pass that reduces the rate. You can reduce the rate further by making the reservation further in advance. The course is nice.

The public course at Pumpkin Ridge - an extremely nice course - is something in the $140 range??? This includes range balls. You can reduce the rate by buying their annual pass / card.

I am looking forward to fall rates kicking in soon, but the nromal range for courses near me is $40-$70, but I usually wait for twighlight deals or look for deals on golfnow.com. I did sign up for a newsletter at one course and they have emailed deals such as walking 18 holes for $10. This course is kept up nicely and is fun to play so I jump at that rate!

I see Smalls already posted for a couple of courses in the Kansas City area. Green fees in this area run anywhere from about $20 through $70 at the most that I've seen (with cart). I usually play at a place called Country Creek/Hoot's Hollow. It's got 3 18 hole courses, all par 72. Decent course, that is faily well maintained, but the drought this Summer put a hurting on a couple of them, but they were still very playable. I play Hoots mostly. They run a special on Tuesday- Two for Tuesday pay cart fees only @ $20/person. Wednesday is "No Walk Wednesday @ $22/person with cart. And they've started doing a deal where it's their 21st anniversary, so the 21st of each month is $21/person with cart. Last year it was 20 I suspect next year will be $22 on the 22nd. Makes it hard to go play elsewhere at those rates. I usually wait for specials and groupons and get to play some of the $65-$70 courses at half the rate. Two of the nicer courses in the area are Tiffany Greens and Creekmoor with weekend prime rates being about $65 and evening or weekday rates being in the $50's.

Green Hill in Worcester..
Residents:
Mon-Thu: $30 Walking/$45 riding - Weekends: $35 Walking/$50 Riding

Out of Towners:
Mon-Thu: $35 Walking/$50 riding - Weekends: $40 Walking/$55 Riding
Unlimited Pass (basically a full membership.w/o Cart) - $1250 Walking / $1500 Riding

Course itself: Not a D.Ross design but greens are very similar (and they can be brutal if you're above the hole. Its a fairly open-hilly course that has very nice tees/fairways and the rough can be brutal. No range, but one is in the plans. New clubhouse/snack shack and 18th hole (fairway area) redone.

Most of the courses I play are resort style courses that are open to the public in the Southern Pines,Aberdeen and Pinehurst area. Since I am in the military, I can usually pay anywhere from $35-$49 for 18 and a cart anytime of year. Spring and Fall are there busy times and tend to be more expensive, but in the Summer and Winter they have coupons to where anybody can play for around $40. Pinehurst Resort doesn't offer any specials at all except they let the Military play for free at #8 on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, which is pretty cool!!!

Most courses around here are cheaper sunday than saturday, but generally run between $30-70 for 18 holes including cart. Most cart rentals are about $15, so walking 9 holes is only around $15.

depending on course condition, weekdays are $45-$200 with cart, just depends on the conditions and time of year.

Dan
Lived in the Chicago land area my whole life until I moved out to IA over a year ago. Boy do I know the pains and expenses of golf out there. EZLinks and Golfnow helps with that.

I no longer have to use discount sites. Some of you have played TCI which is $40 w/ cart during the week and $55 on weekends. That's pretty much what the going rate is. I love it! I walk though and my home course is $25-$35 to walk 18 (cart fee is $12). Generally speaking, outside of The Harvester, golf courses around Des Moines don't exceed $50.

It's pretty expensive everywhere in Colorado. There are a few courses that are relatively cheap but you can expect to pay close to $50 almost everywhere most places are more.

The local munis range from 15-25 right now based on time of day. Local courses range from $10-$60 right now. In the winter it will likely be between 25-100. If I count Orlando and Tampa as local, it can go up to 100 right now and close to 200 during the winter.

They are building a couple courses close to me now that will cost 225 in the winter.

I can play on days with course specials for $18 w/cart but most courses are 25-35 w/cart there are a few around for 45-50 to ride them! I can get a membership at most of the courses around me for $800-$1200

I guess its good to be in the farming belt! We are lucky to have a ton of nice courses that are super reasonable compared to some of you guys.

Back