SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Nice job WCBM, sounds like inside 10 feet is money for you. I'm seeing the constant lipout right now myself, but many of those are still inside 10 feet, so hope to hear how you get this under control.

Nice job, Tim! Some of those lip-outs are going to start dropping.

Thanks man! I hope so. I was playing with a friend yesterday and he made the same comment. After my second lip out, he says " wow you are really right around the hole with that, I'm seriously impressed" Then I proceeded to lip out two more hahaha.

Nice job WCBM, sounds like inside 10 feet is money for you. I'm seeing the constant lipout right now myself, but many of those are still inside 10 feet, so hope to hear how you get this under control.

Thanks man. It is. Getting back close to where I was with my other putter this early in the game is a huge positive sign for me. Especially mentally. After only 3/4 uses my comfort level is growing exponentially.

Thanks man. It is. Getting back close to where I was with my other putter this early in the game is a huge positive sign for me. Especially mentally. After only 3/4 uses my comfort level is growing exponentially.

I had some similar thoughts at the beginning. In fact, i was really surprised at how fast things started clicking for me.

I still look at other putters because i LOVE equipment but im no longer pondering other flatsticks because i think they might improve my game.

Played in a scramble last Friday with my month old mOne cs. The guys I was playing with remarked about what a good putter I was (made 3 10ish ft putts). I got them fooled. Little did they know that in this case it is actually the arrow and not the indian....:D

i know i have made more 10' putts since switching to my SeeMore and changing the way i putt than i ever have before. the putts i expect to make now are all of them! i know thats a little cocky but i really feel like i have a chance to make anything thats on the green or fringe when i am putting. The confidence i have gained is mind blowing.

I had some similar thoughts at the beginning. In fact, i was really surprised at how fast things started clicking for me.

I still look at other putters because i LOVE equipment but im no longer pondering other flatsticks because i think they might improve my game.

Great to hear man. I hear that. As long as I keep progressing, this baby could have a home in my bag for a long long time.

Played in a scramble last Friday with my month old mOne cs. The guys I was playing with remarked about what a good putter I was (made 3 10ish ft putts). I got them fooled. Little did they know that in this case it is actually the arrow and not the indian....:D

hahahahaah. Nice one dude. It is amazing how much it can free your mind up when picking your line.

Still don't have the M7 available online yet! Errrr!

Atlanta Outing & Charity Golf Event SeeMore m5 testing

Atlanta Outing & Charity Golf Event SeeMore m5 testing

Reference Links to past reviews:

Spoiler
Intro: Click Here
First Chat with SPI Instructor: Click Here
The arrival: Click Here
Maiden Voyage: Click SeeMore m5
100 Putts: Click Putting Green
Tuskawila: Click live round
Even Par: Click Live round #2
Formal Introduction: Click Here
The meeting: Chan Song Meeting
Videos: Putting Drills
Ist tee time: Click Here
Eagle Creek 7.25 : Click Here
4 Birdies: Click Here
Putting Drills: Click Here
Solid Routine: Click Here
Effortless Power: Click Here
29 Putts : Click Here
League Play: Click Here
69 for 18: Click Here
Twilight: Click Here
9/9/12: Click here
Lake Nona: Click Here
Northshore: Click Here

September 29 - October 2, 2012
SeeMore m5 testing
Bridgestone B330S
Warm but Mild

I knew that it was bound to happen sooner or later. I just didn't know when or where it would show it's ugly head. The dreaded bad putting day. I was so out of sorts in Atlanta it wasn't even funny. I could no for the life of me get comfortable over the ball. My positiuons were all off, so much so that one of playing partners made a comment. My speed was off, I was pulling putts and only made a few that were worth speaking about.

Sunday was better but I was a little shaken by the bad day prior. My distance control was back but I still failed to make anything of meaning. I'd like to blame it on the greens but it was so much more than that. I was completely out of my routine and as a result played my highest round of the year on Saturday. I bounced back on Sunday but those 3 to 4 birdie rounds were none existant. Birdies have made up a large part of my rounds since gaming the m5.

I can't preach enough about the SPI method and how well I works. I don't know why I got away from it from it was like it never existed on Saturday. Monday I played in a charity event and had to carry the team as the 3 others really couldn't play. We had a lot of 15' - 18' range putts and managed an -11 score. I made 9 of the 11 birdies as I anchored the team. My speed was off as the putts I missed came up a few inches shorts and the made putts crept over the front of the cup. All in all not my Saturday round but also not my pre-outing round.

Closing thoughts:

There is no substitute for practice or repetitive motion. In order for any principal to take hold it muct be applied and repeated correctly. Every course is different and has different grasses that will affect your putting. A solid routine combined with solid practice time should help to keep the positive uptick moving. The SPI methos works and works well, not having it showed me how I used to putt.

I'm heading down to the SF Bay Area this weekend to suffer through some Cal football and play golf with my best friend. He's a member of a club in the east bay. It is an Alistair MacKenzie design, with extremely fast and tricky greens (the course's primary defense). Also, there is an extremely small chance I may get to play Olympic, which I hear may have some tricky greens too :bashful: I am really interested to see how the putting holds up on entirely different greens.

nice write up Tad. i think a lot of things can get you to stray from the SPI method..... i know i must have with the stress i was under at my pro am. I think the important thing is making sure you get back to it. Which is easy to do at least it seems it was for me. I think thats one of the best things about the SPI system and the RST its easy to jump back into if even if you stray for whatever reason. hope to see you're next write up about a rebound round with your putting bro.

So I have a sincere question about the Seemore SPI system you guys talk about. Is it more than just the RST? I ask because my last couple of rounds have been like what you described Freddie, just off. I really likemy putter, a straight shafted Scotty GoLo. Is this something that could adopt with my current putter (ie a philosophy) or does it only work with the Seemore line. Please let me know because I feel that my putting is holding me back.

Hey Stephen - the topic is discussed in depth just a few pages back. One of the testers (sorry, don't remember who) posted the theory that SPi was applicable to any putter and a discussion ensued. In short, the consensus appears to be that SPi definitely applies to any putter but the RST technology is an aid which helps ensure you are doing the methodology properly. For example (this is my opinion, no longer trying to summarize), everyone can stand taller, adjust ball placement, rock the shoulders, etc. but it is really easy to be off ever so incrementally. Being off won't kill the method, it just diminishes results. This is where RST comes into play, it is a check-point in the midst of your set up. If you see the red dot you know you are off somewhere with something. Now back to summary...people who are particularly accomplished with the SPi method can move to another putter and have a lower probability of getting incrementally out of line. For these folks the SeeMore putter with RST techology becomes a training aid. If they start missing putts they come back to the SeeMore to use the RST technology to check, fix and fine tune their ability to execute the SPi methodology. FWIW, I definitely agree with the group consensus.

Reference Links to past reviews:

Spoiler
Intro: Click Here
First Chat with SPI Instructor: Click Here
The arrival: Click Here
Maiden Voyage: Click SeeMore m5
100 Putts: Click Putting Green
Tuskawila: Click live round
Even Par: Click Live round #2
Formal Introduction: Click Here
The meeting: Chan Song Meeting
Videos: Putting Drills
Ist tee time: Click Here
Eagle Creek 7.25 : Click Here
4 Birdies: Click Here
Putting Drills: Click Here
Solid Routine: Click Here
Effortless Power: Click Here
29 Putts : Click Here
League Play: Click Here
69 for 18: Click Here
Twilight: Click Here
9/9/12: Click here
Lake Nona: Click Here
Northshore: Click Here

September 29 - October 2, 2012
SeeMore m5 testing
Bridgestone B330S
Warm but Mild

I knew that it was bound to happen sooner or later. I just didn't know when or where it would show it's ugly head. The dreaded bad putting day. I was so out of sorts in Atlanta it wasn't even funny. I could no for the life of me get comfortable over the ball. My positiuons were all off, so much so that one of playing partners made a comment. My speed was off, I was pulling putts and only made a few that were worth speaking about.

Sunday was better but I was a little shaken by the bad day prior. My distance control was back but I still failed to make anything of meaning. I'd like to blame it on the greens but it was so much more than that. I was completely out of my routine and as a result played my highest round of the year on Saturday. I bounced back on Sunday but those 3 to 4 birdie rounds were none existant. Birdies have made up a large part of my rounds since gaming the m5.

I can't preach enough about the SPI method and how well I works. I don't know why I got away from it from it was like it never existed on Saturday. Monday I played in a charity event and had to carry the team as the 3 others really couldn't play. We had a lot of 15' - 18' range putts and managed an -11 score. I made 9 of the 11 birdies as I anchored the team. My speed was off as the putts I missed came up a few inches shorts and the made putts crept over the front of the cup. All in all not my Saturday round but also not my pre-outing round.

Closing thoughts:

There is no substitute for practice or repetitive motion. In order for any principal to take hold it muct be applied and repeated correctly. Every course is different and has different grasses that will affect your putting. A solid routine combined with solid practice time should help to keep the positive uptick moving. The SPI methos works and works well, not having it showed me how I used to putt.

This is great Tad! I would love to sit down and chat about about the SPi method when you're up in OH!

So I have a sincere question about the Seemore SPI system you guys talk about. Is it more than just the RST? I ask because my last couple of rounds have been like what you described Freddie, just off. I really likemy putter, a straight shafted Scotty GoLo. Is this something that could adopt with my current putter (ie a philosophy) or does it only work with the Seemore line. Please let me know because I feel that my putting is holding me back.

As much as it might make SeeMore cringe you can absolutely apply the SPi system to your current putter, even a Scotty. There are some really good videos over on SeeMore's site about the basics. Set up was a big one for me. That and changing my grip were probably the two biggest changes Ive done and am still working on. I still get my alignment off at times but putting a good roll on the ball will always help even if Im off a little.

Thanks guys! PS Kmac I know you have been eyeing my GoLo!

I think you could def apply the SPI system to any putter. I also think that it works much better with the RST system and a SeeMore putter. I know even when i have tried other putters like in Atlantic City Tour Stop i was still putting better than i had before. As a HUGE putter Hoe for me to say i will never use another putter ever again would be a complete lie. But i know that i would probably never change my putting methods ever again. the SPI system and the RST has imprinted a much better way for me to putt. My stats are 1000 times better than they were before i started and you can just tell when you're putting is improving. And mine is better than it has ever been before. I know that a lot of people that have SeeMores even go back to it when their putting goes off track and use it as a "training aid" as much as i hate using that term for the putter. especially the M series since they really are good putters. I love mine still. And i still couldn't tell you of any putter that is gonna knock my mFGP2 out of my bag even after the testing is over. i am interested to see how i putt with something else and see just how much the RST helps with the SPI system. i know i still look down and check it. not every putt i think i even do it subconsciously but when i was nervous standing over a putt i know i check it. I do also believe that the RST really is the way that you can check your ball position and that your in the same position every time. which again is a big key to the SPI system.

Thanks guys! PS Kmac I know you have been eyeing my GoLo!

lol. I can neither confirm or deny this, in this thread. But the SPi method I can confirm will work.

I do also believe that the RST really is the way that you can check your ball position and that your in the same position every time. which again is a big key to the SPI system.

Don't mean to nit-pick Buck here, but a point of clarification may be in order. Consistent/proper ball alignment is a key to good putting; SPI and RST are tools to ensure you have the ball aligned the same way every time.

I am admittedly not a putter ho so maybe I am missing something. But I am generally a bit perplexed by the general idea of moving away from SeeMore putters and still using SPI. Yes, it can be done. And yes, there are any number of fine non-SeeMore putters. But SeeMore has so many product offerings (and the ability to customize their offerings) that I don't always understand what some other product line offers that SeeMore doesn't. Plus, if you use SeeMore you are guaranteed to use SPI more properly. Why take a chance?

The SPI method deals a great deal with setup, ball position and posture. The 70* angle you get with the SeeMore putters does have something to do with it, I am sure of. That being said SPI can be used with other putters, not all but some. The angles of some just wont work.

The SPI method deals a great deal with setup, ball position and posture. The 70* angle you get with the SeeMore putters does have something to do with it, I am sure of. That being said SPI can be used with other putters, not all but some. The angles of some just wont work.
I can agree with this. Having longed used my ONE CS, I was hoping that the putting would translate to another style for me, but it just didnt work out. Interesting as soon as I return to my SPi method with a SeeMore, the putts start dropping again.

I find it interesting that I had my worst round of putting this year, switched to my SeeMore, and then turned it around the following week with my best putting performance of the year. A lot of it has to do with comfort, and I spent so much time working on my SPi instruction last year, that as soon as I had my SeeMore back in hand, it just felt...natural.

I can agree with this. Having longed used my ONE CS, I was hoping that the putting would translate to another style for me, but it just didnt work out. Interesting as soon as I return to my SPi method with a SeeMore, the putts start dropping again.

I find it interesting that I had my worst round of putting this year, switched to my SeeMore, and then turned it around the following week with my best putting performance of the year. A lot of it has to do with comfort, and I spent so much time working on my SPi instruction last year, that as soon as I had my SeeMore back in hand, it just felt...natural.
The pace and lines you had looked good on Sunday. Much better than our previous round when you used....other putter

Don't mean to nit-pick Buck here, but a point of clarification may be in order. Consistent/proper ball alignment is a key to good putting; SPI and RST are tools to ensure you have the ball aligned the same way every time.

I am admittedly not a putter ho so maybe I am missing something. But I am generally a bit perplexed by the general idea of moving away from SeeMore putters and still using SPI. Yes, it can be done. And yes, there are any number of fine non-SeeMore putters. But SeeMore has so many product offerings (and the ability to customize their offerings) that I don't always understand what some other product line offers that SeeMore doesn't. Plus, if you use SeeMore you are guaranteed to use SPI more properly. Why take a chance?

i couldn't give you a very honest answer, i've been only using my Seemore since the testing started. i used another putter for like 9 holes in AC on punched greens and switched back to my seemore for the back 9. So i dunno how well the SPI system will work with another putter. i have been impressed with how i've putted when messing around with other putters even though its been VERY limited since changing to the SPI system. But I do think the SeeMore can train you to get a consistent ball placement in your putting stroke. does changing the putter change things of course but i think there are ways you could partially cheat and find a way to keep the ball in the same position everytime you make a putt. even another SeeMore would change things a bit i'm sure. although it may be easier with the RST. And SeeMore does offer a ton of different and great product offerings. I am not saying any of the other putters i own are better or worse than seemore they are very different to compare to each other honestly. i currently have over 30 putters and again not a knock on SeeMore but i could think of a ton of things that i have at home right now that SeeMore doesn't offer. How can one company offer everything that lets say even 10 other putter companies offer. Again this is in no way a knock on SeeMore putters i really like my mFGP2 a lot. if i'm talking about the putter itself its still a great putter. but i still feel like SeeMore offers way more in the methodology on how to putt and with their blog and website alone there is a TON of info. To me the SPI instruction and methodology has been so much more valuable to any putter any company could make and SeeMore makes a great product. Does the RST system help with it of course. could i replicate that with another putter honestly i'm pretty sure i could, but like i said i've been testing the seemore since june now. So i'm not 100% sure on it havn't had much time with anything else. i was just being honest telling you that i know i will use other putters down the road. Its just a club hoeing just like someone that has 5 iron sets or 4 drivers. And you asked why take the chance? why not take the chance i took a chance on SeeMore and i've been very happy with the results.

It definitely can work, but I think it is better to have the experience with a SeeMore and the RST first before applying it all to another putter. In my opinion its much easier to get a feel for all the correct positions and alignment with the aid of the RST and once that starts to become second nature, the transistion to another putter can be fairly seamless.

I have become so comfortable with the SPI method that if I set up with another putter and then someone laid down some RST lines, I would be really surprised if the red dot was showing much, if at all.

@ Buck - parapraph 2 or my prior post was general musing, not directed specifally at you.

Back