Cleveland RTG Wedge Preview

Sweet. Can you get a few pics before it gets roughed up?

No. But we got a 2nd one that will go to one of our equipment testers, and I bet they can. :D

hahaha fair enough!

Im really looking forward to seeing this wedge in person and checking out the RTG on it. I rechecked the first post, but didnt see anything about offerings in terms of finish?

I really like the looks of this wedge. I want them in my bag.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

One reason I never went back the the 588 was the hard "feel". Seeing the 1025 makes me think, sweet, they got it! Great looking!

Im really looking forward to seeing this wedge in person and checking out the RTG on it. I rechecked the first post, but didnt see anything about offerings in terms of finish?

Oil quench I believe.

I been trying to decide on this for my 58 or one just like my other 588s. Whats going to be the benefit?

I had the opportunity to try this one out on the Range at the Atlanta Tour Stop. It was a beauty, I have always been a fan of the 588 styling and this one held true to form. The grind on top looked pretty sweet, and the club performed as good as it looked. Took a few swings with it compared to my current wedges and saw some very comparable results. Definitely a nice addition to the 588 line, offering something just a bit different than the stock bounce options that they currently had.

Grind on top? Or did you mean sole?

Thanks for some input Ryan. I think this is a great looking wedge.

What grip was on it, War Eagle?

What would be the benefit of this vs a regular 588?

From the OP: Dynamic Sole Grind
Material reduction on the back of the sole allows players to open the face with a lower leading edge for better contact on open-faced shots. Oil Quench finish will rust over time.

What grip was on it, War Eagle?
For the life of me, I can not remember.
Similar to what other companies are doing with their versatile sole wedges, the RTG is designed to allow you to play one wedge for multiple shots and varying lies.

I found the DSG to feel considerably lighter than the regular in the CG15 model and I assume it would hold true to the 588s

Looking at the Cleveland site and surprised they don't offer a 50* and from reading and looking at the fact they only have one bounce option (strange for Cleveland) it sounds like this is their answer to the ATV and the Tri bounce sole of the Trusty Rusty. Interested to hear how this one stands up

Looking at the Cleveland site and surprised they don't offer a 50* and from reading and looking at the fact they only have one bounce option (strange for Cleveland) it sounds like this is their answer to the ATV and the Tri bounce sole of the Trusty Rusty. Interested to hear how this one stands up

Not exactly. The RTG line from Cleveland has been around for quite a while. Early 90s I believe.

I love the idea of the Dynamic Sole Grind as I am always opening/closing the faces of my wedges trying to pull off specific shots. Not sure how I feel about my wedges rusting though.

I saw this in person at Dick's today and had a special moment. The finish looks so good. Erica offered to buy one for my birthday, but I am even too cheap to allow somebody else to buy me something lol.

You deserve one Hawk. Just think about it, a new wedge will encourage you to get out there and practice more.

On second thought, don't tell the misses that.

What did you think of it compared to the OG 588? Assuming you fondled it a bit.

Sorry for the delay, SW. Busy weekend.

I thought the finish was dead-sexy, but it won't stay like that forever, of course. The head shape and grip were identical. Only real difference was flattening/grind on a portion of the sole. I did want to see how it was different, so I fooled around with it a bit, but didn't hit it. It did appear to lay a bit flatter when opened up, but I'm just not seeing a need for that for my game at the moment. I'd like to hit both side by side though just to see how it works when hitting balls though.

Back