threeboysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Old age
Just arrived back home from a golf trip to Denver. Play 108 holes in four days. Some really nice courses in the Denver area. Joshn08 who is a new member on here, met up with us on Friday morning and played 18 with us. He is really nice guy and a good player. I was ready to play 18 more this afternoon but we had to catch the plane.

And it was on 6 differrent courses.

Fossil Trace, Red Hawk, Bear Dance, Indian Peak, Todd Creek and Buffalo Run.

Last edited:
that is a lot of golf there! Hope you had a great trip!

Wow, that is a ton of golf. Glad you had fun!

Id say that's a pretty good golf trip!

Id love to do something like this one day! Hope you had a blast.

i'm headed up to denver next week for a conference but might get out one day for a round. what's your recommendation based on the courses you played?

i'm headed up to denver next week for a conference but might get out one day for a round. what's your recommendation based on the courses you played?

What part of Denver will you be in? Commonground is a very good course. It really depends on what area you are going to be at.

Sounds like a great trip.....Hope everyone had a great time!

Had a great time playing with you two on Friday. I don't think the weather could have been any better than it was that day. If you guys ever come back up let me know, I'd love to play with yall again.

What part of Denver will you be in? Commonground is a very good course. It really depends on what area you are going to be at.

Will be staying near convention center but i have a car.

what price range are you looking at spending.

That's alot of golf. Hope you gad a great trip. Most I've done was 81 in 2 days. Trip to Pawleys Island for the weekend to see my parents. Got in 2 rounds on Sat at River club. Went Willbrook with dad and ut was raining. Waited a bit and starter sent us out. Course was empty. Flew through 18 and grabbed another 18. Came back at 4:30 for a 9 hole scramble with a nice group of employees. Helps when mom works there. Talk about a long drive home to NY the next morning.

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you had fun and made it home safely!

Just arrived back home from a golf trip to Denver. Play 108 holes in four days. Some really nice courses in the Denver area.

And it was on 6 differrent courses.

Fossil Trace, Red Hawk, Bear Dance, Indian Peak, Todd Creek and Buffalo Run.

Sounds like ya had a great time. Lotta golf in four days, Guess the weather cooperated for ya? Must be some nice looking places. Even just the names of those courses sounds like some beatuiful scenery. Hope it was. Always wonder how different it was for ya with the altitude?

That sounds like a ton of fun! I would love to do something like this someday.

Sounds awesome...and fun. :D

Fossil Trace was my favorite " Denver area folks will say its a tourist course" but I liked it as I was a tourist. Red Hawk and Bear Dance are both really nice courses as was Indian Peaks. FT, RH and BD are more are "mountain" courses with great views and elevations changes on just about every hole. Indian peaks is more like a local course here in DFW but the fairways and greens are much better. Buffalo Run was a links style course but was not as well maintained as the first three. We played there because it was next to the airport. I did not like Tood Creek only because my GPS was dead and the scorecard did not have a map of the course and no gps on the cart so I did not know where to land a lot of the holes. It is also a links type course. I will try and get some pictures up later after I catch up on some work.

Sounds like a ton of golf, but a blast all the same. I enjoyed playing the Denver area last year with a bunch of THP'ers.

Wow, that's a lot of golf at a lot of great courses.

Fossil Trace was my favorite " Denver area folks will say its a tourist course" but I liked it as I was a tourist. Red Hawk and Bear Dance are both really nice courses as was Indian Peaks. FT, RH and BD are more are "mountain" courses with great views and elevations changes on just about every hole. Indian peaks is more like a local course here in DFW but the fairways and greens are much better. Buffalo Run was a links style course but was not as well maintained as the first three. We played there because it was next to the airport. I did not like Tood Creek only because my GPS was dead and the scorecard did not have a map of the course and no gps on the cart so I did not know where to land a lot of the holes. It is also a links type course. I will try and get some pictures up later after I catch up on some work.

I too like Fossil Trace a lot. I played there with milehighgolfer and I thought it was a ton of fun. It is a Jim Engh design and it is very true to his design philosophy. He wants the golfer to go out and have fun, and it is definitely fun. Like I said before, I like Commonground a lot and it will be fairly close to you. But if you only had time to get two rounds in, then those are the two I would recommend.

Sounds like a fantastic trip

What a great trip. I played 72 on Friday and Sat with my best friends from college and had another 36 ready to go yesterday but we got rained out.

Didn't no Josh was playing with you on Friday, would have been a fun round. Josh can play some golf that's for sure, hit me up next time your in town.

Back