Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Guys, There will not be any forum testing..
They are staffing 8 forum members for the Morgan Cup.
And they provided the clubs pre-release for THP events around the country.

If the goal is get proper feedback from golfers on a product, I think that does a darn good job.

My bad. I started it and shouldn't have.

I look forward to spending more time with this 3W.

The AMP cell 3w is the best 3w i've ever hit and will have one in the bag when they are released .

How would you say it matched up with you RBZ Freddie?

Good question, looks wise it kills the RBZ. The red crown is just a great look to me. Both are very versatile in the shot making department. It's long just not RBZ long. Then again with more time I think I could get very comfortable with it.
What I like is that I can adjust the loft and still get the same experience just a shorter distance. I'd game this over the RBZ based on this weekends performance.

Good question, looks wise it kills the RBZ. The red crown is just a great look to me. Both are very versatile in the shot making department. It's long just not RBZ long. Then again with more time I think I could get very comfortable with it.
What I like is that I can adjust the loft and still get the same experience just a shorter distance. I'd game this over the RBZ based on this weekends performance.

Thanks Freddie.. So better looking but shorter than the RBZ

Do you really see yourself adjusting the club from round to round?

Love hearing all this awesomeness about the Amp Call fairway. The price range and good the Amp deliver are amazing, so by the sounds it should be a hit.

What's the stock shaft? Fuji Fuel just like the driver? I think this 3 wood is gonna be in my bag next spring.

Thanks Freddie.. So better looking but shorter than the RBZ

Do you really see yourself adjusting the club from round to round?

Shorter by a hair and no I wouldn't adjust during a round. But prior to a young and add another club. One club with four options 3, 3+, 4 & 4+ is huge.

Shorter by a hair and no I wouldn't adjust during a round. But prior to a young and add another club. One club with four options 3, 3+, 4 & 4+ is huge.

I think that is huge too. I would carry two of these FW in my bag without hesitation

I think that is huge too. I would carry two of these FW in my bag without hesitation

My thoughts exactly. Always nice to have options.

My thoughts exactly. Always nice to have options.

yup and you can set your bag up however the heck you want. I love having options. The 5 wood will be a great club. Could set it at 17, 18, 19, or 20. It's fantastic in theory.

Without question, 3W/4W and hybrid(s)

yup and you can set your bag up however the heck you want. I love having options. The 5 wood will be a great club. Could set it at 17, 18, 19, or 20. It's fantastic in theory.

The pros have clubs built for specific courses and it allows us to basically do the same. I can see adjustments being made between True Blue and Caladonia during the Morgan Cup.

Ok so here is where i am confused a bit with this club and the thinking behind it. The versatility is awesome, no doubt at all. But you cant, or should not, alter it during a round so what is the difference/benefit of carrying two of these in ones bag versus two of any other FW like Mashie or Razr as example? Now if I could carry one of these and enjoy the benefits of and thus open a spot in my bag for another club that would help me in a different area well then you might have something.

Ok so here is where i am confused a bit with this club and the thinking behind it. The versatility is awesome, no doubt at all. But you cant, or should not, alter it during a round so what is the difference/benefit of carrying two of these in ones bag versus two of any other FW like Mashie or Razr as example? Now if I could carry one of these and enjoy the benefits of and thus open a spot in my bag for another club that would help me in a different area well then you might have something.

I think it helps with gapping issues if you happen to change some of your clubs around, also if you are playing a different course. Say I have a normal set up of 14-18-24. But there are some par 3's where a 5 wood is too strong and my 4 hybrid is just not enough. I can easily set it up prior to the round to a 7 wood setting and then I am all set. But now I want something with a little more height from the turf since I wouldn't be hitting my 14 in to a lot of greens. Just change that to a 4 wood setting and then my bag is set. In the future if I add a 21 degree hybrid in the bag I can tune these down to 13 and 17 and it will work out just fine as well. This will offer you some versatility in your setup and I like that.

Morgan Cup spot for instance. True Blue I pretty much just hit driver all day because of how wide the course was. I would most likely have my 3w set up at 15 or a little higher perhaps. But when I move over to Caledonia, I hit my fairway wood off the tee a lot more. I don't want to sacrifice much distance, so I change it to 13 or 14. Now if I wanted to I can set the other one up to correspond with that change too.

That's a solid explanation Deano, I concur

That is an absolutely bang on description, Dean. Just makes me want to hit these even more.

guys, there will not be any forum testing..
They are staffing 8 forum members for the morgan cup.
And they provided the clubs pre-release for thp events around the country.

If the goal is get proper feedback from golfers on a product, i think that does a darn good job.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm interested to try this one out next year. 3W for me. F5 and F7 aren't going anywhere. Would be cool to have a 3W that I could crank down to 13 or 14˚ if I'm feeling it. Agreed with Jman that I wish black was an option, but I'm sure I can find one that agrees with me... Want to hit the driver too.

I'm interested to try this one out next year. 3W for me. F5 and F7 aren't going anywhere. Would be cool to have a 3W that I could crank down to 13 or 14˚ if I'm feeling it. Agreed with Jman that I wish black was an option, but I'm sure I can find one that agrees with me... Want to hit the driver too.

Have you hit the Amp JonD? I didn't think I would like the grey, but the grey crown/black face combo actually looks amazing next to the ball.

Don't get hung up on the color, the performance out weighs those thoughts all day. Plus the colors look good. I'm a huge fan of the red crown.

The 14* setting hits frozen ropes. The ball speed coming off the face keeps these low liners in the air a long time.

Back