Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

You don't need to see a leaderboard or a recap or anything to know who won, turn on the closing ceremony and the entire European team is smiling and stomping their feet to the beat of the song being played. Having fun and bobbing their heads along with the music. The American side look like they're sitting at a funeral. I'm about to cry.

Haven't watched a second of it. Can't do it.

Dude,,,,,, I will bet Phil took the high road to protect DL III. I strongly feel he had to bench them because he benched Woods and Stricker.. No one wants to sit when they are on a roll!! No one......

Your passion is enviable man, I'll bow out now.

Dude,,,,,, I will bet Phil took the high road to protect DL III. I strongly feel he had to bench them because he benched Woods and Stricker.. No one wants to sit when they are on a roll!! No one......

We'll never know for sure but I honestly think DLIII's gameplan before the RC started was to not have any player play all 4 team sessions.

Would any of you benched the hot players??

And I would bet $20 on a roulette table, but I'm not there. Just like you weren't there in the team room. We have to take Love at his word.

My roommate literally came into my room, saw I was watching the post coverage and said, "Literally, nobody cares about this." I proceeded to slam the door in his face and lock it. I'm a happy camper right now.

Yes, I would. Asking anyone to play 5 rounds in three days in this pressure atmosphere is not easy and certainly I think that resting a few key players for the important singles on Sunday.

My roommate literally came into my room, saw I was watching the post coverage and said, "Literally, nobody cares about this." I proceeded to slam the door in his face and lock it. I'm a happy camper right now.

People did that to me all weekend. Screw 'em.

Lets see how long JMO can get through his speech before he starts crying.

I think the only change I would've made was a different partner for Tiger. Tiger/Kuchar for the win.

Yes, I would. Asking anyone to play 5 rounds in three days in this pressure atmosphere is not easy and certainly I think that resting a few key players for the important singles on Sunday.

Your system worked great!

I think the only change I would've made was a different partner for Tiger. Tiger/Kuchar for the win.

It would have been worth a shot.. It seems Woods is picky about who he plays with.. I'm sure the current combo is done though..

It would have been worth a shot.. It seems Woods is picky about who he plays with.. I'm sure the current combo is done though..

I just seem to recall Tiger and Kutchar getting along pretty well. I think they'd set up pretty well together.

I place most of the blame on DL3. Tiger did ok considering the anchor he had to drag around the course. There is no reason stricker should have been playing while Bradley/Mickelson were sitting.

When it comes to Tiger everything is magnified. Right now the Tiger haters are having a field day. Anyone who watched the RC this weekend knows you're speaking the truth. He played well but had no help and ran up against some players that were on fire.

Its not just Tiger. We all know that had Phil played well, but his team lost, many Tiger fans would be having a field day with this had Tiger won anything. I have never seen fans like this in all my life about anything.

Tiger Woods lost. Because of that the US team might have lost. The idea that he played great, but it was someone else's fault is ridiculous.

Dude, they interviewed DL III yesterday and he said Phil asked to be benched, he didn't want to use all his energy in the team events when he knew he was going to have a tough match today. Can't blame DL III for the shift in momentum.

And I would bet $20 on a roulette table, but I'm not there. Just like you weren't there in the team room. We have to take Love at his word.

Last night they were sitting pretty. I guess they forgot they still had some work to do, today was sheer laziness. I believe Love, I mean does anyone actually doubt him? The US just doesn't bring it when it comes to the Ryder. Maybe if they had a motivator but today was much like watching the regular tour. Guy is hot one week and cut the next.

I completely agree. If that we're Phil in Toger's shoes, he'd be getting crucified.

Phil's reaction to Justin Rose's birdie on 17 is exactly why I like that guy so much.

Sorry about the typos. Wow

Yes. If that was the plan, it's the game plan. Always stick to the game plan, especially when you have that large of a lead.

Seems to be a whole lot of finger pointing here. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Agreed; Phil is a class act and represents everything that is good about golf.

Its not just Tiger. We all know that had Phil played well, but his team lost, many Tiger fans would be having a field day with this had Tiger won anything. I have never seen fans like this in all my life about anything.

Tiger Woods lost. Because of that the US team might have lost. The idea that he played great, but it was someone else's fault is ridiculous.

Had he won 1/2 his matches, the US team would have won.

I completely agree. If that we're Phil in Toger's shoes, he'd be getting crucified.

Phil's reaction to Justin Rose's birdie on 17 is exactly why I like that guy so much.

Agreed dude, he loved the shot and the Spirit behind it. He's a good one for sure.

Just got home from the course. Congrat to Team Hackers, I mean the European team.

And I suppoose this guy singing is supposed to be a big deal, but I thought he sucked this morning and he sucks tonight as well.

Back