What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played www.timbercreekgolfclub.com today for a super twilight starting at 5, got in all 18 before dark! was 9 over on creekside(the front 9) and 15 over on the back (timber trails) for a 95... I know it's not great but I am seeing a lot of improvement and am really starting to notice where I am giving up strokes. Dang Putting is killin me!!!

Are SeeMore's really everything everyone makes them out to be???

Putters are different for every person. But they work that great for me. They also work for the Fed Ex cup leader and he is sponsored by the people that make the very popular SC.

Played 18 holes on a whim today after yesterdays good round and it continued. Shot 38 on the front with two lip out birdies and missing a hole in one by less than 10 inches. Shot 36 on the back with 7 pars, 1 birdie, and 1 bogey. Found myself scrambling on the back nine as I hit only 2 greens in regulation on that nine. Some highlights.

1. chipped in again with the Niblick. I simply LOVE this club.
2. Holed two twenty footers today both were big benders too.
3. No 3 putts the entire day with the Nicket Tour Proto.
4. The Cleveland irons were dialed in as was the R9 460 and the Bridgestone wedges.

All in all a great day.

Awesome round JB. Congrats.

Shot 35 - 39 for a 74:D Par 70

Fairways: 4/14
GIR: 10/18
Putts: 29....... Only 11 putts on the front nine :D with one putt-in off the fringe

Lowered my handicap to an 7.8:banana:

Shot 35 - 39 for a 74:D Par 70

Fairways: 4/14
GIR: 10/18
Putts: 29....... Only 11 putts on the front nine :D with one putt-in off the fringe

Lowered my handicap to an 7.8:banana:

Nice Putt stat there Jimmy, sure beats your other one. Nice score.

Nice Putt stat there Jimmy, sure beats your other one. Nice score.

Thanks Dent....ya the putter was pretty hot on the front nine.

played this afternoon at a moments notice and played pretty good. started out strong, finished so-so. shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back for an 80. 2 putts on the last green would've gave me a 79 but of course i had to 3 putt it. i hit 100% of the fairways on the front 9 and only missed 2 fairways on the back 9. i only had 14 putts on the front 9, but i blew up on the back with 19 putts on the back for a total of 33 putts.
here are todays stats:
front 9: 39
back 9: 41
TOTAL: 80
12/14 Fairways Hit
9/18 GIR
2 Birdies
8 Pars
7 Bogies (5 on the back 9)
1 Triple Bogey (lost ball/penalty stroke)
not a bad day, but the bogeys killed my score.

Good round RS.

GOod round, what course RS?

3 days ago I couldn't hit a ball to save my life, today I was on fire & couldn't miss. Allow me to crow a little bit because these were my best 2 rds to date. Got off work at 10:00am & hit Devils Head which has a special right now, $40 for all the golf you can play with a cart. They have two 18 hole courses, Prairie Glen & The Glacier.

Started out on Glen with my wife tagging along as my caddie. Front 9 I hit every shot perfectly, had 7 pars & a birdie for a nice par rd of 37...there are 3 par 5's on that front 9. back 9 didn;t go as well & only managed 1 par & the rest bogeys for a 43, so total score was a decent 80. Hit 6 out of 14 fairways, had 7 GIR's & 32 total putts.

Moved on to the Glacier which actually had some company outing playing a scramble. I played through about 4 groups & every tee shot was beautiful, they guys in those groups were telling me nice shot, can we play yours, etc. Anyways the front 9 I had a 40 & a 39 on the back. 11 pars with no birdies although I had a few lipout birdie putt attempts. Hit 8 out of 14 fairways, had 7 GIR's & 35 putts.

1 hole was really cool & I played from the longest set of tee's just because it was so neat. 188 yd par 3 but it's severly elevated, probably at least 10-12 stories tall. Nailed the green with a 6 iron, maybe now I can post how I can swing a 6 iron 190 yds:D

Had some really nice drives today, started getting back to where I left off last year plus I have been feeling a lot better physically since my surgery. Had a couple in the 220-235 range, another was 245, a 254 yarder & finally on the 16th hole I absolutely drilled one out to 277 yds...not quite sure how I managed that one but it was pretty cool for me to see.

Anyways overall a great day & just because I want to summarize it, a 79 & an 80, 19 pars & 1 birdie. No 3 putts & nothing worse than a bogey.

Awesome DR. That is great.

Wow Dyna, that is impressive.

I refuse to post anymore scores in here until they are only two digit numbers, it's just depressing.

Nah,
This is THP.

Thats not bad MO. Season just started.

43 at Portage CC, probably one of the toughest courses in the area due to many factors. Narrow fairways, tons of trees, blind tee shots up the wazoo, postage stamp sized greens, etc. Add in all the elevation changes & it's a hard course. Tired from walking up & down the hills.

My new golf card arrived yesterday, so I burned the first round at the course I played last weekend - Spessard Holland in Melbourne Beach.

I am on cloud nine! I went back and watched the THP TV episodes on sand play and chipping last night to refresh my memory on what I've been doing wrong and MAN did it pay off. I shot a 46 on the front and a 39 on the back for an 85 total - the lowest score I've EVER shot by a lot!

I owe a lot of saved strokes to Andy and the rest of the THP TV crew, my chipping and sand play was spot-on all day.

That is awesome Osahar. So glad to see that the tips worked for you. THey certainly have for me. Great round.

Forgot a few details from the round - I'm still jazzed up about it! Oh, and par is 67 there, only one par 5 on the course.

I only managed to hit 6 fairways and 6 greens for the round, with 38 putts. But I call foul on a couple of the fairways, they needed to be longer! I should have hit 3 more, but since they are under 300 yard par 4's my drives were long enough to end up just right or left of the fairway where it narrowed way down to feed between bunkers to the green. Needed either a little bit more accuracy or for the fairway to extend about 20 yards further instead of narrowing way down up to the green.

Like the last hole - was playing about 265 and my tee shot ended up about 5 yards right of the green pin high.

Still no birdies yet for the year though - I keep missing the damn putts!

Thats awesome Osahar. Congrats on the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back