I want to play Bethpage Black...info please!?

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I recently read Max Adler's article in Golf World about getting on Bethpage and it got me thinking. I've got a couple of die hard golf buddies and we want to do it. We're totally fine with getting to NYC, renting a mini van and sleeping in it in order to get on the course. I've seen various tidbits of information about doing it but I'd like to know some first hand accounts if anyone has some. I also know that now on up to and immediately following the U.S. Open will be impossible so we're thinking a realistic chance will be September or so.

What advice or what information have you heard that will help us out? I'm not going to pay some company $800, and I'm not going to settle for a different course. I know it might be tough, but I also know it is possible. I appreciate any and all comments and advice, thanks!!

I believe we have had a few members play it. I played the course 4 years ago as part of a charity event, but did not have to go through the waiting list. Great course and a lot of fun. I still think there are better golf trips, but that is a personal preference.

I believe we have had a few members play it. I played the course 4 years ago as part of a charity event, but did not have to go through the waiting list. Great course and a lot of fun. I still think there are better golf trips, but that is a personal preference.

I think you may be right, JB. We are actually going to come up with a little "bucket list" if you will and try to get to as many of the upper tier resorts/destinations as possible. Whistling Straits/Black Wolf Run is another one we're going to be hitting up eventually as well. We'll try for something like one per year.

Great idea. There are so many great golf vacations and Bethpage is certainly one of them.

Is there brokers for Bethpage like there is for Torrey Pines?

Yep, those brokers sound like crooks to me! I guess if you're loaded and just care about getting on at your preferred tee time then a broker is the way to go. I kind of think the whole sleeping in the car thing would just add to the experience actually.

Yes. It's discussed in the article that P4B linked.
I dont know why I missed the link in his original post. Im either going color blind or im a dumb ass. Probably the latter.

Yep, those brokers sound like crooks to me! I guess if you're loaded and just care about getting on at your preferred tee time then a broker is the way to go. I kind of think the whole sleeping in the car thing would just add to the experience actually.

850 bucks, good lord. I havent looked in a while, but I thought I remembered the ones at Torrey charging between 200 to 300. Im sure sleeping in the van would be a great experience. I would go with a 15 passenger econoline, more room.

Back