Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Wtf dude. Not getting to right side today? Were you sweating what do for your videos? I can't remember you hitting high short fades that much.

At the Morgan Cup when I'd miss my drives he would hit a cut shot that was super consistent. Maybe he was coming in steep out of tempo?

At the Morgan Cup when I'd miss my drives he would hit a cut shot that was super consistent. Maybe he was coming in steep out of tempo?

The old soft, butter cut dude. It's been old faithful. Today, it was Jake Straight. Not cool. I did hit some good ones, but only when I had to. Stupid scrambles.

I've gotten to spend a little time with my Classic and I don't think the shaft is right for me. Seems like I have to take a really easy swing or I lose the ball left or right. I would love to try some of the Kusala's but I'm not sure anywhere around me has them available to hit.

Is there a place online I can put some info in to see which color Kusala it recommends?

Not really but you can call them. Just have some numbers and you're good to go.

The old soft, butter cut dude. It's been old faithful. Today, it was Jake Straight. Not cool. I did hit some good ones, but only when I had to. Stupid scrambles.

Lol. That's the way it happens man. Honestly, you hit some bombs when you went after it. I like that swing for you.

jConn. SW is right on! The other route is to look at shafts you have been fitted too then head to clevelands site and check out the custom shaft guide. They list other companies shafts and what their flex codes would be. It's not exact but its helped me a bit.

Not really but you can call them. Just have some numbers and you're good to go.

Thanks man, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I have the 'Ahina in my 910D2 and like it, but I'm seeing too much backspin. I've heard the Kusala Black is similar, and maybe in the classic it would reduce backspin? I don't know.

It's a low spin head man so I wouldn't go to crazy with a low launch low spin shaft. You have the C. Kua 43 yes?

Thanks Tmod, I'll check out Cleveland's guide.

It should help! I was fit with a D3 head and we used shafts from a titleist cart. I think what surprised me most with the Classic 310 (kusala black) was that I saw more back spin than I was used to. I do need to mention my swing produces that though. So I typically have higher back spin numbers. It's all comparative though.

Yea I need to get fitted again, I'm just being cheap! There is a driving range where I can rent use of a LM, I should do that and see if they have any fitting carts I could play around with. That would be fun.

It's a low spin head man so I wouldn't go to crazy with a low launch low spin shaft. You have the C. Kua 43 yes?

Correct.

Yea I need to get fitted again, I'm just being cheap! There is a driving range where I can rent use of a LM, I should do that and see if they have any fitting carts I could play around with. That would be fun.

Correct.

Orrrrrrr be cheap like me at hit up the hitting bays at PGA SS or Golfsmith lol. Data may be wrong as far as distance but its all relative! Hahah.

Had my best driving day this weekend...85 percent in the fairway. Wow it was a love affair...also some bombs. Smooth swing and let the club do the work....really a nice club!

Orrrrrrr be cheap like me at hit up the hitting bays at PGA SS or Golfsmith lol. Data may be wrong as far as distance but its all relative! Hahah.

For some odd reason the LMs at my local GS hardly ever work. Not that they aren't accurate, they literally don't work. Annoying. I wish we had a PGA SS nearby.

Thanks to the testing and feedback here, Cleveland has another sale on their hands. I just ordered a 290 10.5 with C. Kua in stiff. These things must be selling like hot cakes because I can't find them in a store near me anywhere. Everyone is sold out, and even online they are back ordered at some of the major retailers. I also ordered a mashie f5 as well.

Thanks to the testing and feedback here, Cleveland has another sale on their hands. I just ordered a 290 10.5 with C. Kua in stiff. These things must be selling like hot cakes because I can't find them in a store near me anywhere. Everyone is sold out, and even online they are back ordered at some of the major retailers. I also ordered a mashie f5 as well.

2 really good buys, I think you will love both

Played in a 4 man charity scramble yesterday with me being easily the most relied on player. This basically meant 2 guys hitting shanks off the tee, one guy finding the FW about 200-210 out and then me trying to get us into decent position. Course had a ton of 400-440 yard par 4's as it played about 6500, windy, and as a par 70 I believe.

I missed my first drive bad (low screamer left) but after that I made an adjustment and this thing was money. Was hitting those mid line drives which I just love, especially when playing into the wind. I still can't get over how straight this thing is. Once it has it's line, it simply does not move so I do my best to play down the middle of the FW and that's where it ends up most of the time.

I was initially concerned with the heel to toe forgiveness I would get from the Classic, and while I can tell where I miss it, the results are not too penal. My biggest adjustment coming from the J40 was that I used to choke down about an inch or so but am finding that gripping all the way to the butt of the club and standing a further away than normal is giving me the most consistent results which is exactly opposite of what I have done for quite some time. With doing that, I feel like I am getting more out of the good shots because of the additional swing speed and lag that I can create.

With this version of the Classic, Cleveland put out a great offering - can't wait to see what is in store for 2013!

I just dropped my Classic off to be reshafted. Out with the 43s Kua and in with a UST Mamiya VTS silver 6s. I need a change of pace after my last round. If I don't like the VTS I will keep looking for a Miyazaki Indigo or Blue.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Had some great range time with the 10.5/White combo. I am finally getting the carry I have been after.

got a chance to hit Kmacs classic he snagged the other day and Man i was hitting some bombs with it. it had a kusala black shaft in it and it felt so good. almost has me pondering a low spin driver head. although the looks screw with my head at address.

got a chance to hit Kmacs classic he snagged the other day and Man i was hitting some bombs with it. it had a kusala black shaft in it and it felt so good. almost has me pondering a low spin driver head. although the looks screw with my head at address.

I have a 12* if you want? 350 yard carry bombs...

lol 12* prob won't work so well with me. Kevs was the 310 and a 9.5* it was honestly the first low spin head i really liked and i hated JBs in Atlantic City. i wanna ponder a new driver but i might wait till after this winter at this point. and Keep the super tri as my old stand by.

lol 12* prob won't work so well with me. Kevs was the 310 and a 9.5* it was honestly the first low spin head i really liked and i hated JBs in Atlantic City. i wanna ponder a new driver but i might wait till after this winter at this point. and Keep the super tri as my old stand by.

You are money with the super tri. I can put the Indigo in it and bring it to the mid atlantic outing if you want?

Correction. Kmac's has the blue. Unless he made a typo in the What did you buy thread.
Do yo actually have a 12* you'd be willing to part with? I may be interested.

You are money with the super tri. I can put the Indigo in it and bring it to the mid atlantic outing if you want?

don't sweat it i'll be pondering something else by the time that rolls around. i still wanna be AMPED

Correction. Kmac's has the blue. Unless he made a typo in the What did you buy thread.

I sure do. I have the Kusala silver in it now but also have the Indigo that has been tipped 3/4".

don't sweat it i'll be pondering something else by the time that rolls around. i still wanna be AMPED

So do I man, but the Kusala White 10.5 is so good for me now. I actually feel it move when I think about it....

He thought he had the blue but hes got the BLACK. its a Kusala Black 61S with flex code 3566.

Back