Thanks to Players Towel!!!

JonD

TEAM JB - 2024 Quest Cup w/Edel Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't usually post praise for a company or put my preferences on blast when it comes to any retailer. However, I think that this is warranted in this situation, as I just received an extremely nice gesture from a company I have little previous interaction with. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move.

I was looking for a birthday present for a friend last night and thought that it would be cool to get him a monogrammed towel for his bag or something like that. Looked at the Caddy towel, but decided on the players towel as they had more options. Got him something simple. Just a towel with his name, and a logo on the side of a dog lifting his leg, which I'm pretty sure will get a snort when he opens it. :D I also grabbed one for my soon-to-be father in-law as a small thank you for being awesome in helping out with our wedding. He's got skull & crossbone everything so I couldn't turn down the towel with the jolly roger in the corner... They called me this morning asking a question as I had fat fingered something. Very pleasant and easy to deal with.

Anyways, got to thinking today that most of my groomsmen are golfers of some level and that this would be a cool gift that most people don't hand out to their wedding party. So I went back to their site today and ordered some towels with their name, role (best man, etc) and the date of our wedding embroidered on them. Cool right? I think it's better than golf balls or something like that as it will last for a good long time. Placed my order and went back to work. Received a call from Patrick at Players Towel here just a bit ago. He asked if I was the one getting married, to which I replied yes. He then asked if I'd like to have one for myself. I told him that I would however I was focused on the wedding and didn't want to spend anything on myself until it was over. He replied no, we'd like to give you one. He then told me that they would change it up to my name, groom and the wedding date and make it a good match with the others.

Needless to say I was floored as I never expected something like this. Most companies just process orders and move on with their day (and I would have been perfectly happy if they had). I know it's not a high dollar item, but the thought and the offer were obviously above and beyond. Just wanted to give them a shout out here as this is where I come to talk about golf stufff. If the towels quality is even half that of the customer service, then I'm sure it will be awesome. I've seen them at some of the nicer courses around here and just never pulled the trigger.

Thanks again to Patrick and Player's Towel!!!

I think its a great idea. I got a players towel from one really cool forum member

That's very cool! and congrats.

Wow, that is a pretty impressive gesture. Very cool.

that's pretty cool of the company to do that.

Wow, very impressive customer service. I'm going to check out there site.

That is very awesome. I've always thought about getting a Player's Towel. They're pretty cool.

Really cool of them. Solid gesture!

They are a great towell and sounds like a great company. Congrats on the wedding and when she makes you sell your golf clubs, please post them here first.

They are a great towell and sounds like a great company. Congrats on the wedding and when she makes you sell your golf clubs, please post them here first.

LOL will do. Her family is a golfing family so hopefully I'll be A-ok.

LOL will do. Her family is a golfing family so hopefully I'll be A-ok.

LOL.. Just joking but remember one bit of advice. Women may come and go BUT a low handicap is hard to keep. So if it is a choice of the two.......I'm just saying

An awesome gesture, it's great to hear good customer service stories like that.

LOL.. Just joking but remember one bit of advice. Women may come and go BUT a low handicap is hard to keep. So if it is a choice of the two.......I'm just saying

Hahahaha +1 rep for you sir.

This is great to hear, made me go to their website and check it out. Already designed a towel for myself and plan to order. Sounds like a great company to deal with.

Wow, very impressive customer service. I'm going to check out there site.

Same here. I always try to patronize companies that have good customer service.

That is very cool, WTG Players Towel!

Players towels rule!! And to think that someone in the bad habits thread was trying to get me to switch to a frogger towel. Although they are cool too.

Ive had a great experience with them as well. They messed up the first towel, caught it, fixed it, and sent me both.

Back