Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I need to do that. Did you have to back up your data before upgrading?

Nope, completely seamless. Just downloaded from the App store for $19.99 and installed.

Not having Flash has been in a pain in the a$$ with the iPad though.

And that is the reason I'd go the Note 10.1 route. I hate not having flash.

And that is the reason I'd go the Note 10.1 route. I hate not having flash.
That's what I am thinking JN. I dont use it for a ton of Apps, mainly just the browser since everything I need is web based. Put that together with the fact that we use Exchange email and calendar, and I am thinking the Note 10.1 would be what I need.

Not having Flash has been in a pain in the a$$ with the iPad though.

How so? I dont really find it to be much an issue. Except for maybe those "incognito" sites which actually have non flash content.

How so? I dont really find it to be much an issue. Except for maybe those "incognito" sites which actually have non flash content.
One of the programs we use wont allow me to begin new notes or things like that in a medical record. So, I have to start a blank one on my pc and then find it later when I am on the tablet. If I forget, then I cant start anything new and have to go in to old stuff. It gets annoying.

One of the programs we use wont allow me to begin new notes or things like that in a medical record. So, I have to start a blank one on my pc and then find it later when I am on the tablet. If I forget, then I cant start anything new and have to go in to old stuff. It gets annoying.

Gotcha. So something specific for work. Do you find any bother from personal use?

Gotcha. So something specific for work. Do you find any bother from personal use?
Have never once had any issues with personal use on it. But I rarely use the iPad at home, usually just use my Fire.

According to the NYT, the iPhone 5 on Verizon and Sprint won't be able to support voice and data even though on the LTE network. The reason is complicated but the gist is, it would take another antenna for it to do so, making the phone have 3 antennas. Apple didn't find that necessary since within the next couple years, voice will also be LTE supported (currently data only) and why take up the unnecessary room when it won't be applicable in a couple years.

What. The. Crap. I was looking forward to that perk. Turn by turn directions will still work while in a phone call. My 3G phone does that just fine while in a call and it's actually kinda annoying, because it blasts in your ear while you're trying to hear the other person.

According to the NYT, the iPhone 5 on Verizon and Sprint won't be able to support voice and data even though on the LTE network. The reason is complicated but the gist is, it would take another antenna for it to do so, making the phone have 3 antennas. Apple didn't find that necessary since within the next couple years, voice will also be LTE supported (currently data only) and why take up the unnecessary room when it won't be applicable in a couple years.

What. The. Crap. I was looking forward to that perk. Turn by turn directions will still work while in a phone call. My 3G phone does that just fine while in a call and it's actually kinda annoying, because it blasts in your ear while you're trying to hear the other person.

Total BS is what that is. I can't believe Apple didn't fix that with the new iPhone.

Side note: I can't recall the last time I used voice and data at the same time. So not a huge issue, but I just don't understand why it wasn't taken care of especially since its 4frickinG LTfrickinE!

So, I ended up going with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I use the Note taking apps on my original iPad for so much now, as well as have a need for flash, that it just made sense...plus it's free from work.

Pretty excited about getting it, hopefully by middle of next week I will have it. I have been watching some video reviews on it, and the stuff the S Pen and Note apps can do is phenomenal, especially the Photoshop touch app that comes stock on it, pretty freaking cool. Also, I am a big fan of the multi screen tool that I can have a note app up as well as a browser, this will be incredibly helpful for a lot of what I do with my tablet every day.

So, I ended up going with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I use the Note taking apps on my original iPad for so much now, as well as have a need for flash, that it just made sense...plus it's free from work.

Pretty excited about getting it, hopefully by middle of next week I will have it. I have been watching some video reviews on it, and the stuff the S Pen and Note apps can do is phenomenal, especially the Photoshop touch app that comes stock on it, pretty freaking cool. Also, I am a big fan of the multi screen tool that I can have a note app up as well as a browser, this will be incredibly helpful for a lot of what I do with my tablet every day.

Dude I had to work with at another office has one. He was talking it up pretty good. Says he really enjoys it and for the most part has no real issues with it. I'll be curious to see how your experience goes.

Take some pics of that bad boy with the s pen...i'd be interested in seeing the performance in that thing!

Seems like a big Galaxy Note without the phone. Or maybe it's the other way around. I want that dang Note 2.

Dude I had to work with at another office has one. He was talking it up pretty good. Says he really enjoys it and for the most part has no real issues with it. I'll be curious to see how your experience goes.
So was our IT guy. He was all about it, and he plays with all the tablets our company uses. Im pretty excited about it, went by Best Buy on the way home and played around with it for a bit. I think I will like it.
Take some pics of that bad boy with the s pen...i'd be interested in seeing the performance in that thing!
It has the quad-core processor, and seems to be lightning quick. I am pretty stoked about the S Pen too, the stuff that Android has in store for the Note apps is pretty awesome.

I put this in the iPhone thread, but I figured I'd put it here too since it is technology pondering and I would like advice.

I could get a 4s for free and give up my upgrade, then sell my 4 and buy a Classic with that money. Or I could use my upgrade and get a 5 for pretty cheap. So it's either 4s + Classic for $0 or a 5 and no Classicfor roughly $100. Hmmmmm.

Seems like a big Galaxy Note without the phone. Or maybe it's the other way around. I want that dang Note 2.
It's basically what it is. I will hold it up to my ear to get a feel for the Note 2...haha.

I put this in the iPhone thread, but I figured I'd put it here too since it is technology pondering and I would like advice.

I could get a 4s for free and give up my upgrade, then sell my 4 and buy a Classic with that money. Or I could use my upgrade and get a 5 for pretty cheap. So it's either 4s + Classic for $0 or a 5 and no Classicfor roughly $100. Hmmmmm.
How far can you drive the ball with an iPhone 5?

It's basically what it is. I will hold it up to my ear to get a feel for the Note 2...haha.

Haha I don't care how big it is I want the Note 2

Haha I don't care how big it is I want the Note 2
I want it too, but I have to have an iphone for work.:sad:

So now I'm considering the iphone 5

Dead to me. Fify...
lol, well I have to get my wife a phone so I'm just going to get her the iphone 5 and then swap sim's with my 4s. Might as well I suppose, I could use that extra 0.5 millimeter of screen.

lol, well I have to get my wife a phone so I'm just going to get her the iphone 5 and then swap sim's with my 4s. Might as well I suppose, I could use that extra 0.5 millimeter of screen.

I guess more is always better. Even .05 mm of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back