SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Awesome news man. And the thing that I look forward to is how putting well and consistently can seriously save your round. I have had a few rounds this year in the 70's in which I hit the ball horribly. But because I had a 'HOT' day with the putter I shot a great number. That hadn't happened to me before this year. I really couldn't believe it. Now if I can have more of those rounds, I really think I can take a few more strokes off my handicap.

Definitely. I have really seen my overall range of scores narrow down over the last two months and it is all because of the mFGP and the SeeMore method. I used to shoot an 81 and the comeback the next day and shoot a 94 because a day of bad ball striking would be compounded by a poor putting round. Now i am just not seeing that same kind of fluctuation in my scoring because i am always able to keep things 'respectable' on the green.

I played 4 rounds over the last week and my scoring was 80, 83, 82, 79 on 4 pretty tough courses (72.7/131)....and I can assure you I have never had a 4 round stretch of golf that solid in my life. I still 3-putt, I still have some rough days on the green, but things just never get as bad as they did before and that really makes golf infinitely more fun for me.

That is awesome to hear guys. That consistency is so huge. And not only that, but now your "good" days can become great. I could read this thread for days!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

That is awesome to hear guys. That consistency is so huge. And not only that, but now your "good" days can become great. I could read this thread for days!

Its SO true. I had a 75 Thursday with 15 GIR's I believe, also had 34 putts. Not bad for that many GIR's for a hacker like me, but the amount of edges I burned or bombs I left just inside of a foot from the cup was astounding....so many so close that could have made ti a phenomenal day. But, as it stands I still considered it a pretty solid day for me. Not a satisfied performance, but not a bad day either IMO.

Its SO true. I had a 75 Thursday with 15 GIR's I believe, also had 34 putts. Not bad for that many GIR's for a hacker like me, but the amount of edges I burned or bombs I left just inside of a foot from the cup was astounding....so many so close that could have made ti a phenomenal day. But, as it stands I still considered it a pretty solid day for me. Not a satisfied performance, but not a bad day either IMO.

Nice man! That is a solid round. That is exactly what I am talking about. And the more you put yourself in that position - the more likely you are to convert some of those. And the more you convert, the handi drops like a rock haha.

Nice man! That is a solid round. That is exactly what I am talking about. And the more you put yourself in that position - the more likely you are to convert some of those. And the more you convert, the handi drops like a rock haha.

For sure, its just made it fun for me again on the greens.

For sure, its just made it fun for me again on the greens.

And ultimately that is the whole point. Man I can't wait to get my SeeMore hahaha

Well, especially on the heels of a great practice session yesterday, I hate to report a terrible putting day.

I've been thinking about this for a bit and believe there were a few factors at play. First, even though yesterday was great, this is the 3rd time I've used the putter and technique and I still have a ways to go. Perhaps I was a little rambunctious taking this to the course already. Second, practice just isn't the same as playing. Practice yesterday was mostly flat and level and I never faced the things you get when playing, especially dynamics that impact timing and routine (we were behind a S L O W group and I didn't manage that well). Third, it was me. I was not finding the right line from 10 feet and in. Also, my distance control, especially on lag putts on the front nine, was just horrible. This did improve on the back after I made an adjustment of standing perpendicular to the putt and taking a few practice swings before stepping into the putt. Bottom line: I've got the right tools and techniques but simply need to put in more time and be more precise in aligning to my line.

The ugly results - 37 putts including four 3 putts, one of which was a 3 putt for par where I left an easy uphill eagle putt about 5 feet short (ouch!). Lag putting was better on the back nine but in general I must have been off by a ball or less on about 15 putts from 6 feet and in. The weird thing is I putt a good roll on all of these shorter putts, they just weren't on line enough to drop. The result was frustrating but the frustration is mitigated by the fact I consistently putt good rolls on the ball.

Well, especially on the heels of a great practice session yesterday, I hate to report a terrible putting day.

I've been thinking about this for a bit and believe there were a few factors at play. First, even though yesterday was great, this is the 3rd time I've used the putter and technique and I still have a ways to go. Perhaps I was a little rambunctious taking this to the course already. Second, practice just isn't the same as playing. Practice yesterday was mostly flat and level and I never faced the things you get when playing, especially dynamics that impact timing and routine (we were behind a S L O W group and I didn't manage that well). Third, it was me. I was not finding the right line from 10 feet and in. Also, my distance control, especially on lag putts on the front nine, was just horrible. This did improve on the back after I made an adjustment of standing perpendicular to the putt and taking a few practice swings before stepping into the putt. Bottom line: I've got the right tools and techniques but simply need to put in more time and be more precise in aligning to my line.

The ugly results - 37 putts including four 3 putts, one of which was a 3 putt for par where I left an easy uphill eagle putt about 5 feet short (ouch!). Lag putting was better on the back nine but in general I must have been off by a ball or less on about 15 putts from 6 feet and in. The weird thing is I putt a good roll on all of these shorter putts, they just weren't on line enough to drop. The result was frustrating but the frustration is mitigated by the fact I consistently putt good rolls on the ball.

T4K remember this as cliche as it is, the path to better putting is a marathon and not a sprint. Bad days happen and have happened to all of us in here, its all part of it and those days will slowly start to become few and far between! The key is persevering and staying the course!

Head up T4K. Like Jman said - more good ones than bad ones and keep at it!

Thanks guys. It is okay. Actually it is oddly okay. I put a lot of good rolls on the ball but they just didn't go in. And the cause of that one is definitely fixable.

Thanks guys. It is okay. Actually it is oddly okay. I put a lot of good rolls on the ball but they just didn't go in. And the cause of that one is definitely fixable.

I know exactly what you mean, the number looks bad but you may not feel bad about it. That's where I was Thursday with the 34 putts because so many were just really good rolls just off by a scunch. Good stuff T4K, keep at it dude.

Man guys you are all making me want a new Seemore. I like the SB2 and they have a sweet private reserve one right now

Man guys you are all making me want a new Seemore. I like the SB2 and they have a sweet private reserve one right now

In the quiet of the night when it is just you and your thoughts you can hear it: "Buy me. Love me. Use me. Do it, Chunky, do it."

In the quiet of the night when it is just you and your thoughts you can hear it: "Buy me. Love me. Use me. Do it, Chunky, do it."

Haha I was hearing something the other night. I thought it was too much Flexeril

Chunky, you need one.

With you using the 2-ball I think you would really really like the SB2. I wish I'd kept that one, I really do.

Even though I putted pretty well today, I'm still pondering SeeMore

Dude I used one when I was down in Florida. I rolled it really well. Trust me when I say I have been staring at the Private reserve SB2.

Does the copper in those really make a difference or is it more for show?

Dude I used one when I was down in Florida. I rolled it really well. Trust me when I say I have been staring at the Private reserve SB2.

Does the copper in those really make a difference or is it more for show?

Copper does feel (everyone know I hate I hate using that term with putters LOL) "softer". BUT, its only because it gives a more dull audible feedback to your ears that it feels that way (not as much of a "click"). My m7 is one of the new Private Reserve's and has that insert, and its really nice, just not life altering or anything. Its all about what your used to and looking for in that "feel" area.

Copper does feel (everyone know I hate I hate using that term with putters LOL) "softer". BUT, its only because it gives a more dull audible feedback to your ears that it feels that way (not as much of a "click"). My m7 is one of the new Private Reserve's and has that insert, and its really nice, just not life altering or anything. Its all about what your used to and looking for in that "feel" area.

Worth it over the regular SB2?

To me, not particularly...but I do still adore my m7 PR. I will say though its all about what you are used to rolling material wise, compared to your Protype the PR would feel softer (more dull audibly) but the regular SB would feel very similar. Just my 2 cents though Chunky.

Thanks Jman. Pondering quite hard on it

Not copper, but I am moving from insert on my Odyssey to no insert on the M3 ... I don't think it is worth it to pay extra for the insert. As Jman says it isn't better or worse, just different. If you really want the insert then yes, pay for it. Otherwise save some money and expect that you'll get used to the new feel in very little time.

Thanks Jman. Pondering quite hard on it

You wouldn't be disappointed wither way I don't think Chunky.

No problem, you know me and putters, tons of stuff crammed in this ole noggin LOL

I am pondering a step up to a SeeMore really hard right now....can't wait to roll several next weekend in Iowa.

Back