Brand Ho... are you one?

Yes, I must admit I am. Ho..ever I will swap brands as soon as I find something else I like. I have played every brand except Cobra and Titilest but give me time and they will probably be in my bag at some point. Currently a fan of PING and Mizuno. And will game a Seemore putter for as long as I can putt or dare I say Chutt.

TapAhoy!

Thanks to the opportunity to play in the Morgan Cup, I am a Bridgestone guy for 13 clubs and a Bettinardi guy for the putter.

Previous to that, I had 6 different brands in the bag.

Post Morgan Cup, who knows?!?! Whatever works best for me is what I will play.

Team Hackers tapping!

If Bridgestone returns to the MC, will you still be a staffer for them or is there a chance you go with someone else?

If Bridgestone returns to the MC, will you still be a staffer for them or is there a chance you go with someone else?

Well, anythings possible I suppose but I think they will attempt to pair MC repeaters with a new sponsor.

Not partial to one brand.Just whatever I hit ok,like the looks of , and have the funds for.I do love the Taylormade Superlaunch 3 wood I have and so far the Callaway Razor Fit driver.As for putter ,I like the strange designs like the Sabertooth ,however I still have a mid 80's Ram Zebra that I put in the bag from time to time just to "teach the Sabertooth a lesson".Lol

I have a dream of being a Titleist brand-ho but currently I have nothing of theirs in my bag. To me I love the idea of having one brand for all my clubs and bag etc and one brand for all my apparel head to toe but when trying out different clubs you simply have to buy the one that works best. I was hell-bent on buying the Cleveland FL 15* and 19* woods but after a lot of testing the Adams and Taylormade won out. Now I'm hell-bent on buying a Cleveland Classic driver but every time I'm about to pull the trigger I'll hit an AMP/Razr Fit/R11s better.

I lean towards Adidas apparel just because I like the way it fits and I love the shoes. I do have some Sligo and Travis Matthews that I'll wear on occasion but the large majority of my gear is Adidas. As far as clubs go I'm up for anything that works.

I will play any equipment that's given to me.

Right now I'm a TaylorMade guy, especially their Tour Preferred irons and woods. But I don't consider TM to be a leader when it comes to wedges and putters.

I'm pretty much a Taylormade guy but I play what works best for me. I like their woods and irons but it will be tough for TM to knock out my wedges and putter.

I must do a lot more research and demo and practice with some diferent stuff. I usually play with what looks good to me. I know this will pierce some you in the heart but I have purchased 2 sets of clubs and never even hit with them or tried them out before I bought them. I bought them because of advertisements or again what I thought looked good. Since joining THP, I have becaomse a bit more cautious and really trying to research and hit a few things before purchase.

I'm not a brand ho either. I'm in agreement with most THPers here. It's what feels good/looks good to each of us. From my signature, my irons continue to provide good results, Driver is still pumping out good distance, wedges have been saving me strokes, and my 15 yr old putter is still performing well. I've taken out the Fybrid, as it's included in my bag, it comes up to 15. Not that it doesn't perform well, it's one club too many in the bag.

Just got back into golf in the spring post-retirement after 6 or 7 years away and updated my bag for consistency at a reasonable cost with forgiving clubs. The :wilsonstaff: DFY set with the half and half shafts seemed to fit the description. As I continue to work at it, I'll see what works best, but right now I'm very happy with everything but the irons. Hit them straight, but very high which isn't great in Oklahoma wind. The uniflex half and half shafts with the SGI heads launch way to high for my swing. Just updated my driver from a Ben Hogan CS 3 8.5 R flex that I'm usually hitting with a nice consistent draw, but when I'm off or try for more distance kills me with high sweeping hooks. I was looking for an updated driver with good forgiveness and a decent stiff shaft and from the reviews the DXI seemed to fit the bill. I then found a new one from Budget Golf on ebay for 69.99 shipped. Couldn't pass that up as an experiment, so I'm a complete :wilsonstaff: ho except for the putter. I've even been playing the Elite 50 balls for the feel and price, but I''ve reached the point where I'm getting 2-3 rounds with the same ball, so I might experiment with the higher end brand/models. When I get to the point where I feel like my swing is more consistent, I'll see about going for a fitting.

I've never found a brand that could fill my bag. Prior to my move to the titleist 910 woods I was swinging cobra - pre puma. I'll probably stick with titleist going forward. As far as irons Ive only liked two brands. Mizzy and ping. I've got sets of Cleveland, ping and titleist wedges. The titleist set being my favorite. I've got the scor wedges in my sight thanks to THP. I do like the scotty putters. THP has put some lesser known putters - to me - on my radar.

While I don't hate any manufacturer, I have no love for Nike and Taylormade. I've swung a lot of their offerings but they never felt good to me. I wouldn't close the door to any oem because ultimately if they help Id buy.

I used to be a huge TM guy until I realized I just need to play what works instead of always trying TM first and then everything else. Now any club that goes into my bag is an open competition no matter the club or brand.

I don't really like my woods not matching so I'll be brand-hoing a Classic one of these days.

I'm not beholden to one brand. I like trying different stuff and feel like all the major companies make solid products.

I have never really liked the looks of Ping irons and not crazy about how my i20s look but I'm gaming them because I hit them pretty well. I've got a Cleveland driver that I love and I think it's the only Cleveland product I've ever had. I've got a Taylormade 3 wood that filled a need at the time that I hit ok.

If the Hogan brand was still around, I would probably be biased towards looking at their gear first just because I grew up playing Hogan irons.

I think my bag proves I'm not a brand ho.
No two types are the same

Driver - Callaway
Wood - Titleist
Hybrids - Nike
Irons - Wishon
Wedge - Mizuno
Putter - SeeMore
Bag - Taylormade

I don't think you can get much more random than that

I should update my sig

Back