THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather? That is what we do not speak of in this thread. But outlook is good.

I hope those coming from warmer climates pack something for these cool mornings here. It's 45* here right now with a high today in the mid 80's.

Thanks for the tip Duey!!

You bet, hate to see those legs get too goosebumpy. I've got to find some cool weather gear for the season myself.

You bet, hate to see those legs get too goosebumpy. I've got to find some cool weather gear for the season myself.

50* wont get me goose bumpy. Remembers I am an East Coaster at heart, went to school in upstate NY and to me 50* is still shorts weather.

I tried to post a forecast for the weekend and it shows basically lows 55-60* and highs 78-85* Sounds great to me!!

It's a chilly 68 up here today. no me gusta

Just had another crappy round today for the second weekend in a row. I am due or a good round next weekend!!!!

I am playing the hardest course I have played in awhile tomorrow. Trying to get prepared for Des Moines hehe

I am playing the hardest course I have played in awhile tomorrow. Trying to get prepared for Des Moines hehe

You must be visiting Texas for the weekend.

Haha cookie. I wish. I won't be home until Christmas probably but I love playing impossible Texas courses

There's a public course with a very nice practice green that I feel while have speeds and slope that I expect to be somewhat similar to des moines that I will be going to a couple times this week to putt.

It's not so much that i'm expecting that place to mimic what the tcoi will have (because I have never been there, I have no idea what the heck the greens are like). It's more that at the 9 hole muni I belong to, the greens are so slow and so flat that you can't practice putting there and expect it to translate in any meaningful way.

I was lucky enough to get a picture of what a tough course is to someone from Texas. Here you go:

thumbnail.aspx

Starting to pack for the trip because I am going to have a busy week. Can't wait to get on the road and head down.

I was lucky enough to get a picture of what a tough course is to someone from Texas. Here you go:

thumbnail.aspx

I will kick someones ass at mini golf!

That would be awesome.

I think it'd be a blast for a crew to show up to a putt-putt somewhere with out putters. Families would be looking at us like we were nuts.

Most probably look at me that way anyways though! LOL

I have a couple of friends who went on a weekend trip with their girlfriends over to green bay, they went mini putting while there and brought their putters

I think it'd be a blast for a crew to show up to a putt-putt somewhere with out putters. Families would be looking at us like we were nuts.

Most probably look at me that way anyways though! LOL

Im totally game for this. Gotta where golf shoes and use either a belly or broom stick. People would have the WTF look on their face.

Friday night, let's do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back