Just read this entire thread while sitting on a con call. Chutting eh? Whatever works for you! I shudder at the thought of even taking my Betti into a bunker with me. I'll stick with my wedges/irons for anything further off than the fringe methinks.

Just read this entire thread while sitting on a con call. Chutting eh? Whatever works for you! I shudder at the thought of even taking my Betti into a bunker with me. I'll stick with my wedges/irons for anything further off than the fringe methinks.
yeah things may have been a bit out of control with all of the bunker talk, its strictly rough for me!

We will definitely be making that Hotd for you deano.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

We will definitely be making that Hotd for you deano.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Awesome, looking forward to it!

I agree. USing a putter from the rough is a bit, odd. I can't imagine sucking with wedges that much.

I agree. USing a putter from the rough is a bit, odd. I can't imagine sucking with wedges that much.

Its not a matter of sucking with wedges, its a matter of being better at chutting in certain circumstances.

That must have been a really boring call. My Betti is not going anywhere near the sand. That is just stupid.

went from "whatever works" to this? I dont totally "suck" with wedges, Im just better on the shorter shots doing this

My dad is an expert futter. He outta from the fairway if there are no hazard in front of him. I yell at him for doing this...he has since become a better chipper and pitcher of the ball.

Huh :bulgy-eyes:? Maybe your Dad can give me some futting tips at the Atlanta Tour stop :D

Its not a matter of sucking with wedges, its a matter of being better at chutting in certain circumstances.

Uh, no. Anyone who would rather putt out of the rough has ZERO confidence in a wedge.

went from "whatever works" to this? I dont totally "suck" with wedges, Im just better on the shorter shots doing this

You don't have to defend your chutting. I have my thoughts on it, just the same as you do.

Uh, no. Anyone who would rather putt out of the rough has ZERO confidence in a wedge.

I am not debating that..haha but some shots are easier to chutt. Downhill 6 feet away in the rough. I have way more confidence that I can chutt it close than chip it close.

That must have been a really boring call. My Betti is not going anywhere near the sand. That is just stupid.

no no no #teamchutt does not promote using the putter out of the sand

no no no #teamchutt does not promote using the putter out of the sand

I have never used my putter out of the bunker.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

yeah I had to make it clear we dont promote that, as 2 people in the last few posts have referenced doing so...thats not what #TeamChutt is all about

yeah I had to make it clear we dont promote that, as 2 people in the last few posts have referenced doing so...thats not what #TeamChutt is all about

You don't encourage freestyle chutting? hmmm.. Finally smartening up a bit I see, hahahaha!

You don't encourage freestyle chutting? hmmm.. Finally smartening up a bit I see, hahahaha!

no, there is a fine line, mine stops at the sand lol

I'm not awe-inspiring or anything with wedges, but I love trying to pull off different shots. I take a wedge with me when I'm just off or on the fringe (when I'm riding) just in case. I've been messing with toe-down chipping a little here lately but haven't really taken it on to the course yet.

no, there is a fine line, mine stops at the sand lol

I still respect people who decide to chutt out of the sand, but it just does not work for me. I don't understand how you can consistently get the ball over the lip of the bunkers with a putter lol.

Ok, so now I'm curious.

Where's the animosity against Chutting come from? I get the reference to drag putting because that's just a straight-up rules infraction.....
Drag putting is not an infraction. It's a gimme anyway, so not violation.

Not sure but is it also a chutt from the short fringe around the green if so i am guilty of this at times.. haha
I'd say if you use a putter anywhere you can chip it, it should be a chutt.

this is correct, fringe putting doesnt not qualify as a chutt, you gotta extend out to the rough to attempt this awesome shot
What about from 30 feet away in the fairway? Is that a chutt?

Is it still bad if you actually use a lofted chutter?

odyssey-marxman-x-act-chipper.jpg
As mentioned, that's not a putter, therefore, not a chutter.

I have, many times.

I still respect people who decide to chutt out of the sand, but it just does not work for me. I don't understand how you can consistently get the ball over the lip of the bunkers with a putter lol.

You gotta do it in a bunker where there is no lip. Otherwise it's just adding shots to your score!

fringe putting doesnt not qualify as a chutt, you gotta extend out to the rough to attempt this awesome shot

My fellow chutters, it is with deep regret that I must remove myself from #teamchutt. I have been misleading and for that I am sorry. I thought that I was chutting correctly however after reading this, I am not. I do not chutt from the rough and will only chutt from the fringe. I have cheated and used a chipper for those shots!

Please accept my most sincere apology.

I hope that you can forgive me!

My fellow chutters, it is with deep regret that I must remove myself from #teamchutt. I have been misleading and for that I am sorry. I thought that I was chutting correctly however after reading this, I am not. I do not chutt from the rough and will only chutt from the fringe. I have cheated and used a chipper for those shots!

Please accept my most sincere apology.

I hope that you can forgive me!

You must relinquish your Team Chutt avatar. You have been voted off the island.

Back