Nventix Nunchuk 370 Review Forum Testing

Great pictures. The initial feedback from you guys seems promising, I am looking forward to seeing if you guys are going to game these going forward

Great pictures. The initial feedback from you guys seems promising, I am looking forward to seeing if you guys are going to game these going forward

I probably will. I might even go to a two hybrid set up with a 6* grap between the two. Like I said earlier, I'm starting to warm up to it some, after the first couple of rounds with it, I wasn't to sure of it, but its starting to come into its own now.

not gonna lie, I think it looks great paired with that hybrid head.

I agree that club looks sharp

Has there been a shot you haven't been able to pull off with the new shaft? How about a shot you couldn't pull off till now?

Looks like it cuts down on spin and LA quite a bit. I'll definitely check it out

Has there been a shot you haven't been able to pull off with the new shaft? How about a shot you couldn't pull off till now?

Probably a low stinger is the one that I couldn't pull off till now. I was able to hit that couple of times with pretty good success. Haven't really found a shot yet, that I couldn't pull off. I think the one I will have an issue with is a longish par-3 where I'm forced to hit hybrid to the green. Right now I have a decent sized gap between my hybrid and my 4-iron, but I'm working on closing that gap by hitting different shots with the hybrid. But I think the long Par-3 where you have to hold a green will become the issue there.

Looks like it cuts down on spin and LA quite a bit. I'll definitely check it out

It does. By a lot. I really get a feel that if you are looking for a hybrid that will give you some length from the tee this is a great option. But in a higher lofted hybrid, say anything above a 20*, this wouldn't be the shaft I would go with. For someone like me, who has pretty good club head speed, this is a great option from the tee at several of the courses I play. But I think in a 4 or 5 hybrid you would be hand cuffed a little because of the loss of spin from the shaft.

Playdough, that is really sharp looking with that combo! Nice! Keep up the good work guys! I'm still watching this thread!

For some odd reason tapatalk didn't post my update on Tuesday. Grrr. Will rewrite that today sometime. (I need to do them on my computer so I can save them, I apologize)

Test date: 8/29/12
Full Round, Langdon Farms Golf Course
Ball: B-Stone Tour B330-S
Condition: Warm with a slight breeze

I was able to play 18 yesterday and used the Nunchuck'd Mashie quite a few times. Langdon Farms is a very fun course that requires multiple clubs off the tee instead of hitting driver on most holes. I think this is nice as driver off every tee gets to be monotonous for me.

Going into the round, I told myself I would hit this club off the tee on every hole less that 400 yards, unless there was a strong wind in the face. I chose to do this because 1) it allows me to hit this club more, which helps me test the shaft; 2) it forces me to not take driver on every par 4, I have a tendancy to grab driver even on short par 4s and a lot of times it gets me into trouble; and 3) requires me to constantly think about course management, which at times I have trouble with.

On the range, I was hitting this club left. Not just a little left either, which concerned me. So I slowed my tempo down and started hitting it with a slight draw, which I am happy with.

On the course, I seemed to be pulling the ball slightly on almost every shot. Not sure if my timing was just a little off, or what I was doing, but instead of hitting down my target line, I ended up where my feet were aiming, if that makes any sense. Still very playable by all means, just a little "off" so to speak. Distance was good, still seeing about 210-215 carry and a good amount of roll. This shaft is definitely helping me get more roll out off the tee, and on second shots on par 5s.

I really like how this shaft/combo has changed my thought process on tee shots. I have never had a FW finder that was long enough to hit on some of the longer short par 4's, 390 yards for example. Previously, my 3W was/is too inconsistent and if I hit my hybrid (210-215), I was still 175-180 out, which is not preferable. Now, I've got a consistent club that can get me 230-250 depending on the roll out, which leaves me with 140-160 which I am much more comfortable and confident with.

Being comfortable and confident is very important to my game, especially off the tee, and this club has done just that. There is no doubt in my mind when I grab this club, that I will hit a good shot, and I think a lot of that has to do with the Nunchuk shaft.

Thanks for reading, as always please ask any and all questions. More to come!

Thanks for the questions.

The only issue I can see with this shaft, as PD mentioned, is the lack of spin will create problems holding a green. That being said, I have hit this into a long par 3, ad it ended up only about 20 feet from its ball mark. Also, I hit it into a par 5 green and hit the upslope and it was about 5 feet from its mark, so it landed quite soft. I think it really depends on conditions. Both of those shots, the greens were fairly soft so the ball was holding quite well. I'm trying to get out one afternoon to test this issue more, but our course has been too dang busy and I'd be holding people up.

As to a shot I couldn't hit before this shaft, I'd say a 250+ yard hybrid. Lol. I would actually say I never got much roll out from a hybrid. My previous hybrid would roll out a bit, but not much as it landed very softly. This was an advantage hitting into a green but a huge disadvantage off the tee. Now, I'm seeing a TON of roll out in most cases, unless the ground is very wet or very soft.

I'm actually thinking of pulling my 3W and putting my old hybo back in the bag to fill the gap between the monster Nunchuk'd Mashie and my 4i.

It definitely cuts down on spin, but I haven't gotten this on a LM yet so I can't confirm bringing down the LA. I am still seeing a nice mid ball flight out of this shaft in an 18* hybrid.

Test date: 8/29/12
Full Round, Langdon Farms Golf Course
Ball: B-Stone Tour B330-S
Condition: Warm with a slight breeze

I was able to play 18 yesterday and used the Nunchuck'd Mashie quite a few times. Langdon Farms is a very fun course that requires multiple clubs off the tee instead of hitting driver on most holes. I think this is nice as driver off every tee gets to be monotonous for me.

Going into the round, I told myself I would hit this club off the tee on every hole less that 400 yards, unless there was a strong wind in the face. I chose to do this because 1) it allows me to hit this club more, which helps me test the shaft; 2) it forces me to not take driver on every par 4, I have a tendancy to grab driver even on short par 4s and a lot of times it gets me into trouble; and 3) requires me to constantly think about course management, which at times I have trouble with.

On the range, I was hitting this club left. Not just a little left either, which concerned me. So I slowed my tempo down and started hitting it with a slight draw, which I am happy with.

On the course, I seemed to be pulling the ball slightly on almost every shot. Not sure if my timing was just a little off, or what I was doing, but instead of hitting down my target line, I ended up where my feet were aiming, if that makes any sense. Still very playable by all means, just a little "off" so to speak. Distance was good, still seeing about 210-215 carry and a good amount of roll. This shaft is definitely helping me get more roll out off the tee, and on second shots on par 5s.

I really like how this shaft/combo has changed my thought process on tee shots. I have never had a FW finder that was long enough to hit on some of the longer short par 4's, 390 yards for example. Previously, my 3W was/is too inconsistent and if I hit my hybrid (210-215), I was still 175-180 out, which is not preferable. Now, I've got a consistent club that can get me 230-250 depending on the roll out, which leaves me with 140-160 which I am much more comfortable and confident with.

Being comfortable and confident is very important to my game, especially off the tee, and this club has done just that. There is no doubt in my mind when I grab this club, that I will hit a good shot, and I think a lot of that has to do with the Nunchuk shaft.

Thanks for reading, as always please ask any and all questions. More to come!

Nice write up JConn. You're getting really impressive amounts of roll out, I assume because of the low spin rate. Do you still find that you're able to work the ball easily (fade for example)?

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Nice write up JConn. You're getting really impressive amounts of roll out, I assume because of the low spin rate. Do you still find that you're able to work the ball easily (fade for example)?

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Honestly, with the closed face of the Mashie, I'm not easily able to fade the ball. Its not something I really try to do, TBH. I prefer a nice boring straight ball, or a slight draw. I was ok with the slight pull, but not something I prefer. I'll try fading the ball next time I'm on the range to see how workable it is. I've definitely hit some hooks with it! But luckily most have been on the range. If I focus on tempo, this combo goes pretty straight.

Thanks. Honestly, with the closed face of the Mashie, I'm not easily able to fade the ball. Its not something I really try to do, TBH. I prefer a nice boring straight ball, or a slight draw. I was ok with the slight pull, but not something I prefer. I'll try fading the ball next time I'm on the range to see how workable it is. I've definitely hit some hooks with it! But luckily most have been on the range. If I focus on tempo, this combo goes pretty straight.

I'll stop by the course sometime and you can try the Matrix 9T and maybe I can take the Nunchuk for a test drive. :D

Played 18 yesterday before work, and actually played at my work because I had to work right after. Once again, I told myself that I would tee off with the Nunchuk'd Mashie on anything under 400 yards. I am loving this approach, it really helps me focus on course management instead of banging a driver on every par 4. Unfortunately, I only hit this club 7 times.

I am still seeing a great improvement in distance versus my previous hybrid even though this is only one degree stronger (18* vs 19*). While I haven't gotten it on a LM, I am certain that most of this increase is due to added roll out. Obviously the roll out varies depending on conditions, and topography, but the carry distance has been very consistent.

Two of the shots were hooks. Still in play, but pretty far left of target. I was still able to par both times, so no harm done. From what I know (or have heard), I think this has more to do with the Mashie head than the Nunchuk shaft. I find that a nice smooth tempo reaps huge benefits with this combo.

Shot of the day with this club:
Hole 17, 496 yard Par 5. Hit a nice drive that left me 232 out to the center. Wind was left to right and everything feeds slightly to the right, and there is water all down the right hand side. Put a good strike on the ball that faded just a bit, most likely just the wind affecting it. I knew it was going to be close to the green, if not on, but you cannot see the green from where we were due to undulations. Walk up to find my ball pin high right, about 10 feet away. Left the eagle putt 3 inches short of the cup, on line. Most frustrating tap in birdie I've ever had. (Never leave an eagle putt short!)

Thanks for reading. As always, please ask any and all questions.

Great update Jconn. So overall when the testing is over, are you thinking of keeping this head/shaft combo in the bag, or looking at a different head for that shaft?

Great update Jconn. So overall when the testing is over, are you thinking of keeping this head/shaft combo in the bag, or looking at a different head for that shaft?

That's a great question CB and I really don't know. If I had to pick right now, I'd probably put a different head in it, maybe the 2012 Mashie. When I put a nice smooth swing on it, it is amazing and really LONG. On the good shots, which honestly are the majority, I love everything about this combo. But even just a bit quick, I seem to hook.

ETA: I definitely see this shaft staying in my bag for the foreseeable future. It really has changed my approach to my tee game, in a good way.

Seriously great stuff Jeff! The hybrid is the only club in my bag that is in trouble. I think a shaft like this might be able to save it. Thanks for all of the great info you have posted in this.

Seriously great stuff Jeff! The hybrid is the only club in my bag that is in trouble. I think a shaft like this might be able to save it. Thanks for all of the great info you have posted in this.

Thanks. I definitely think this shaft is a game changer off the tee and for second shots on par 5's. We should get together for a round soon. You can hit this as much as you want. I know Oregon Golfer wanted to hit it too. Let's figure something out. PM me.

Just played some twilight golf. Hit the Nunchuk'd Mashie a few times and hit it very well.

On hole #3, a 309 yard Par 4, I hit this off the tee and was left with 60 yards, 249 yards total. Then on #7, a 386 yard par 4, I hit this off the tee and had 140 left, 246 total yards. Next shot was the second shot on a par 5, mishit this one slightly, and had a slight fade on it. Still god decent distance but was in the rough so not as much roll out, 220 total yards. Last shot was a second shot on another par 5; 235 out in the first cut, hit a low bullet that ran up to pin high, on in 2.

Not much more to say. I'm happy with how this shaft has performed and look forward to the next time I hit it. Hopefully playing tomorrow afternoon.

As always, thanks for reading and please ask any questions.

I'm hoping to get out to at least the range this week, but with me having a full week pass to the BMW Championship, I plan on spend a lot of time there. Next week though will probably have plenty of updates as I plan on playing at aleast twice, if not all four remaining days of my vacation.

Played 14 holes last night after work. Unfortunately I only hit this combo four times. Two great shots, and two bad swings. One of the bad swings was a topped shot, literally, and I haven't done that in a while; still went about 100 yards, and left me with 140 into a par 5 but a good swing could've put me on the green in 2, still got a GIR. The other bad shot was a hook on a short par 4. Still ended up about 220 total yards, but this FW was very very dry so I got some good roll out. I only had 135 in, and ended up with a GIR so no harm done, but still not a great swing.

The two good shots were great. One was a tee shot, and one was a second shot on a par 5. Both were dead straight, and quite long. I didn't GPS the tee shot, but the second shot on the par 5 was from 245 and I put it in the greenside bunker after a not too friendly bounce. Still got on in regulation, burnt the edge, tap in par.

Next time out I hope to hit this more. Until next time.

I really like the updates JConn.
This could posssible be a great shaft for me with the reported roll out your seeing.
It would be great to use this on drives as you are demonstrating and on the long par 5's when I need to get closer to the Green to throw darts at the pin.
Wow

Back