Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Sorry to hear that ******, when you get it on grass it will be better for you. This right now is my go to club off the tee, I don't think I can miss a fairway with it. I think 2 or 3 people at my club are pondering hard on these after seeing mine.

I'd ponder it too if I walked up on Coolbreeze bashing balls with it.

Took this club to the range for the first time last night. It had rained so it was mats. Did not hit it well. I suspect this club will be just like my M2 and almost impossible to hit well off of a mat. Nothing but line drives for me last night.

Yup it's a non-mat club.
M2? Is the new one of last years?

Yup it's a non-mat club.
M2? Is the new one of last years?

Last years. I hit that on a mat first and was like dang I wasted money. Then first time on grass and it was magical. I know it is the same with this one. I just figured somehow I would hit it well lol. This club is going to be my short par4 tee club.

I'd ponder it too if I walked up on Coolbreeze bashing balls with it.

Same to you good sir.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually try to do the same thing in my set up, minus the face angle. I think you'll like it on a nicer fairway with a little padding. That keel cuts very nicely through softer turf.

Yeah, I'm thinking the keels will work well in the softer turf. Not only that, but I won't have to worry so much about the bottom of the face digging in so much either, especially if I need to close the face to hit a low flying runner.

The F5 arrived today, after my round of course, so hopefully I will get to take some swings with it soon. I attempted to hit the F3 today once on a par 5 off the deck with some bad results but that's what happens when you put a bad swing on it.

So I got to take my new F3 out today for the first time, though I didn't get to hit the range with it first as I needed to rip through 18 quickly before the sunset. The first couple of swings with it early in the round were so-so, but I was still pretty stiff. On the back 9 I hit two pretty great shots with it. After using it off the tee on the #1 handicap hole, I had about 300 very narrow yards uphill to the green. I hit the F3 again, leaving me inches into the right rough, 60 yards from the pin. Made an easy par from there.

On the second back-9 par 5 I had 232 to the pin for my second shot. The lie was uneven, lead foot below trailing foot, ball above feet, in the rough past the first section of fairway. I choked up a couple of inches and aimed about 15 feet right of the pin. The ball took off from an easy swing, flew dead for the pin, landed about 15 yards short of the green and rolled to about 18 feet for an easy two-putt birdie.

I am definitely liking this club.

I'd be liking it too with those results. Nice job!

The F5 arrived today, after my round of course, so hopefully I will get to take some swings with it soon. I attempted to hit the F3 today once on a par 5 off the deck with some bad results but that's what happens when you put a bad swing on it.

Nice Frank, I love the F5 and it will never ever leave the bag... :bulgy-eyes:

hahahaha

Nice Frank, I love the F5 and it will never ever leave the bag... :bulgy-eyes:

With the vast majority of my F3 shots turning out alright I had to go for it. Plus with the deal, I got it 3 pairs of adidas shorts and 2 belts for pretty close to the original price.

Do you mock me TC? lol I do love the F5 its like I almost cant mishit it.

My F5 comes tomorrow :) good thing I am playing Friday, Saturday, Sunday so excited

Do you mock me TC? lol I do love the F5 its like I almost cant mishit it.

No, but it cracked me up to see that smiley at the end of your post.

Dude, I love the F5. No joke. There's no need to replace it ever. Until the 2013 Mashie's come out anyway.

No, but it cracked me up to see that smiley at the end of your post.

Dude, I love the F5. No joke. There's no need to replace it ever. Until the 2013 Mashie's come out anyway.

I completely agree dude. Its pretty awesome and I never thought Id be a 5W type of guy.

I completely agree dude. Its pretty awesome and I never thought Id be a 5W type of guy.

Add me to that 5w never thought list. The blue in mine is nice, I'm a happy camper.

Now if I can just heal the damn wrist.

I've wanted to start a You Should 5 Wood thread to confess my life for this totally awesome club which is so often overlooked.

I hope it can knock the 2.0 tp out of my bag as this won't be an easy job, but if it performs like you guys talk about, ill probably be selling the 2.0 TP

I love the F5, more so than that, I love the F7. Never would I have thought about gaming a 7wood...
I've wanted to start a You Should 5 Wood thread to confess my life for this totally awesome club which is so often overlooked.
Make that two threads you have thought about creating and not followed through on.

Add me to that 5w never thought list. The blue in mine is nice, I'm a happy camper.

Now if I can just heal the damn wrist.

Wtf man, stop trying to Jrod swing.

For you F5 lovers, what hybrids would go with that set up for you?

23* hybrid for me. Like the Mashie M4 fits in nicely.

4 hybrid. Or since I'm an old man apparently, a 7 wood.

23* hybrid for me. Like the Mashie M4 fits in nicely.

I am thinking of going F5, I have the F3 but only use it once and awhile, I just feel like Im being too aggressive using a 3w in the fairway. How is it distance wise compared to a 3h?

Back