Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Bagging this driver again today for my warmup round before league. Hoping we can get back on the same page.

This thing is amazing, that is all.

With a smooth swing it is like point and shoot for me, unfortunately I cant have a smooth repeatable swing everytime hehe

Here's a noob question. I have the opportunity to buy the classic driver for cheap as I absolutely scorch my Cleveland launcher 3w. I don't have time to do a driver fitting but it's the same shaft in my 3w. Would this driver work as well as my 3w?

I found my success with the 43s carried from the FL to the Classic enough that I chose it over other options I tried out.

I was able to find the Classic 310 with Miyazaki 61s Kusala black finally to hit today. I've been overlooking the C.Kua series because both the 39 and the 43 are too high launching for me, so I was clearly pumped to see the black in a 9.5 hanging on the rack.

Here are some pics and my Sim numbers:

Spoiler
E856A977-AAF6-4BAF-8391-32E9754A5E40-7020-0000077F5F2F4122.jpg

1DA8ECC2-87C0-436A-89D0-82D4E42A2A46-7020-0000077F6CCFB9AA.jpg

E2212705-15EE-4C35-A234-A5A48C863ED2-7020-0000077F659EA007.jpg

This thing is a beast. Penetrating flight and one of the smoothest shafts I have ever swung. I think one of the major factors on the 310 is the workability and I was able to generate draws and fades without too much trouble, but it seemed like my normal shot with this was a draw. It was further than the anser I was comparing it to, but I think based on the flight it had a ton to do with the shaft comparison.

It's interesting that the shaft seemed longer on the classic, although the online specs only read to 45.25. I feel like the shaft loaded great even when I really took it past parallel.

in short, this combo was substantially better for me than my last experience which was with the 290/43 combo. I cannot wait to try one of these on an outdoor range!

Nice! I like that it outperformed that $399 Anser.

I was able to find the Classic 310 with Miyazaki 61s Kusala black finally to hit today. I've been overlooking the C.Kua series because both the 39 and the 43 are too high launching for me, so I was clearly pumped to see the black in a 9.5 hanging on the rack.

Here are some pics and my Sim numbers:

Spoiler
E856A977-AAF6-4BAF-8391-32E9754A5E40-7020-0000077F5F2F4122.jpg

1DA8ECC2-87C0-436A-89D0-82D4E42A2A46-7020-0000077F6CCFB9AA.jpg

E2212705-15EE-4C35-A234-A5A48C863ED2-7020-0000077F659EA007.jpg

This thing is a beast. Penetrating flight and one of the smoothest shafts I have ever swung. I think one of the major factors on the 310 is the workability and I was able to generate draws and fades without too much trouble, but it seemed like my normal shot with this was a draw. It was further than the anser I was comparing it to, but I think based on the flight it had a ton to do with the shaft comparison.

It's interesting that the shaft seemed longer on the classic, although the online specs only read to 45.25. I feel like the shaft loaded great even when I really took it past parallel.

in short, this combo was substantially better for me than my last experience which was with the 290/43 combo. I cannot wait to try one of these on an outdoor range!

Awesome dude. Cant wait to see it in your bag..haha I really love my G20 but with the price drop this thing is so tempting. I go to GS every once in a while and hit it. I have a feeling that eventually this will be mine.

Those are nice carry numbers man, that looks like it could beat the Superfast out of the bag.

Nice! I like that it outperformed that $399 Anser.

I'd like another crack at the anser with the stock shaft because I think one of the major differences was the Kusala. It just felt awesome and loaded brilliantly.

Those are nice carry numbers man, that looks like it could beat the Superfast out of the bag.

The launch angle was MUCH better than my normal SF launch but you never know with those sims. Hopefully I can find one of these 310's at an open range to let them go head to head.

The launch angle was MUCH better than my normal SF launch but you never know with those sims. Hopefully I can find one of these 310's at an open range to let them go head to head.

Hahah who are you kidding? That thing will be in your bag by the weekend.

Hahah who are you kidding? That thing will be in your bag by the weekend.

I'm much more picky about drivers than I am about pretty much anything else.. Nice to hear you hit the Classic well.. Which one? The 43 or the 39 and the 290 or the 270?

I'm much more picky about drivers than I am about pretty much anything else.. Nice to hear you hit the Classic well.. Which one? The 43 or the 39 and the 290 or the 270?

Being a lefty, there is not a whole lot of options out there...haha 270 with a 39. Numbers wise, pretty similar to the G20 so I cant justify spending the money. Eventually I will cave...haha

Being a lefty, there is not a whole lot of options out there...haha 270 with a 39. Numbers wise, pretty similar to the G20 so I cant justify spending the money. Eventually I will cave...haha

I'm surprised you're even considering it seeing that your G20 is quite similar is success rate and distance..

I'm surprised you're even considering it seeing that your G20 is quite similar is success rate and distance..

I am only considering it because I am a dummy. I like the way it looks..hahaha I cant honestly see anything knocking my G20 with Matrix Radix shaft out of the bag.

Please remind me how important it is not to overswimg this club. Probably have played twenty rounds or more and still more inconsistent than I should be. Smooth tempo required!

Wasn't able to make it out for warm up before league today, so I just decided to play it. Had an ok day. Started out rough with some wicked slices, but we were almost worked out by the end. Had one long bomb like I was seeing in the beginning with this guy and some pretty good shots towards the end. Really do need to put a smooth move on this thing to get the results you're looking for. Things got better once I just stopped thinking about it and just swung the damn thing... :D Gonna have a little shootout this weekend between this and the Black to see which one I'll be taking into the playoffs.

The Classic is now 44.5 inches. Took it out for a swing and was definitely hitting the center of the face a lot. Not my best day, but still hit this better than pretty much any club in the bag. Excited to see how it works on the course. I didn't think it would seem shorter, but it does. I like it.

The Classic is now 44.5 inches. Took it out for a swing and was definitely hitting the center of the face a lot. Not my best day, but still hit this better than pretty much any club in the bag. Excited to see how it works on the course. I didn't think it would seem shorter, but it does. I like it.

Damn dude it was perfect before, lol. Hope it works well for you, its an awesome club.

this may be a forum faux pas but did anyone see on another golf website that it looks like an adjustable version is coming i am glad i held out for a bit.

Got my new 290 9* c. kua 43s. Pretty impressed at the range, it was windy today as it always is. Had a couple balloons, but overall this driver just fits my eye. I like the feel of the c. kua, but I just want a lower flight. I think once I put the 6M3 in it tomorrow this thing will be perfect. Love hitting worm burners!!!! Plus I love 44 1/2" drivers.

I hope you see good results with this Hawk. I have been striking mine on the center of the face quite a bit, but feel as if my miss is definitely coming from the heel when I do miss. I need more time with this thing, but if I begin to struggle this will probably be my first thought as I have always been intrigued by shortening my driver

I want to hit this beast again, but this time on the range at the THP Iowa outing. My simulator experience was lacking. I think it was really due to the tee height in the sim. Really want to see.

I hope you see good results with this Hawk. I have been striking mine on the center of the face quite a bit, but feel as if my miss is definitely coming from the heel when I do miss. I need more time with this thing, but if I begin to struggle this will probably be my first thought as I have always been intrigued by shortening my driver

Shortening the driver is something I started doing a couple years ago and have always had great results. The distance loss is minimal when you're in the fairway.

Back