Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Review Thread

I'm just glad I had something for you to work with, even if they aren't optimal. I thought you'd like them based solely off the fact that they look really sleek at address. There is basically no offset, which was one thing they changed from the first generation.

Yep its a gorgeous club all around but the look at address is phenomenal.

i played golf with a good friend who has these and it was amazing how many stuck up lads at my course were saying wilson no body plays them,so was really nice when he came in with 41 points and came first,just wished they were lefthanded so i could of had a go of them

i played golf with a good friend who has these and it was amazing how many stuck up lads at my course were saying wilson no body plays them,so was really nice when he came in with 41 points and came first,just wished they were lefthanded so i could of had a go of them

Yea, you'll find a lot of ignorant people when it comes to Wilson Staff. Their loss!

You hit it on the head. After playing DG X100's and S300's for 30 years, the KBS Tours are pure joy! Just played 9 rounds in Minnesota on vacation(Legends, The Classic, MGC, and 6 rounds at the Cragun's Legacy courses) and hit more GIR's than I have in 15 years. I had 3 rounds under par and only one round over 75, with crappy putting. These irons are simply the most accurate and solid I have ever played. My buddy who is a die hard Miura snob even admitted that these felt as good or better than his set of CB202's - words I never thought would come from his mouth.

The smoothness of the KBS shaft in the V2 head is unbeatable. These will be in my bag for the next decade!

I think the main difference in feel I saw with the V1 and V2's was the shaft. The KBS Tour definitely gives the V2 a real smoothness to it. The V1 head seems a little larger with a little more offset as well.

I'm putting some PX 5.0's in these later this week for the hell of it. Need to get them bent flat here one of these days as well. Also, I'm going to re-do paintfill on the club numbers. Not that I really need two sets of irons in play, but I like club work and it's always fun to try things out.

I'm putting some PX 5.0's in these later this week for the hell of it. Need to get them bent flat here one of these days as well. Also, I'm going to re-do paintfill on the club numbers. Not that I really need two sets of irons in play, but I like club work and it's always fun to try things out.
Flighted 5.0s?

You know, I'm actually not sure about that, War Eagle. They are pulls and I haven't even seen them.

You currently have S300s in these, right Hawk? Or is it still the KBS Tours in R?

They have the S300's in them at the moment. I figure the 5.0's will be a little better for my cripple swing.

I love seeing this thread pop up. I really like these irons but they just aren't as forgiving as the J40 DPC's and therefore have a tough time finding there way back into my bag.

I agree with that Howzat. I don't think they are as forgiving as the 588's either. They won't be going back in my bag, but I still like to get them out to swing them here and there. Plus, they are kind of nice to have around for experiments and for giving me something to do in my workshop.

I'm still loving my set. I've had them for about 9 months now and wouldn't consider getting rid of them. I hope to have these in the bag for years to come.

I agree with that Howzat. I don't think they are as forgiving as the 588's either. They won't be going back in my bag, but I still like to get them out to swing them here and there. Plus, they are kind of nice to have around for experiments and for giving me something to do in my workshop.

Makes sense. I am letting my cousin use them right now and I think I will have them around for a while but not as my "go to" set. Hard to believe we have had them for almost a full year already.

I'm still loving my set. I've had them for about 9 months now and wouldn't consider getting rid of them. I hope to have these in the bag for years to come.

That is good to hear. I have said it often but I wish more people would give these a shot. These are great sticks with an very good stock shaft.

Yea, it has been that long. Wow. I think they are going to look real nice with the PX in them. Might have to snag some of those new THP grips in blue for them.

Yea, it has been that long. Wow. I think they are going to look real nice with the PX in them. Might have to snag some of those new THP grips in blue for them.

That would look great!

I think that will be sick Hawk. I really have fallen in love with the PX shafts. I think they are really solid and meet in the middle of DG and KBS offerings.

Yea, I'll be interested to see how they work in a flex that is a little better suited for me. The 5.5's just seemed to stiff for my liking in most situations.

I do have some Reg Flex Tour 90s that could find their way to you, if you are interested, Hawk.

Hmmmm. Well that's an interesting thought. Let me do a little research and I might take you up on that!

I started a little reshaft project tonight with the V2's. I removed the S300's and the PX 5.0's are prepped and ready to go. Took some pictures of the process that I'll post somewhere so people can see a poor man's reshafting job.

I started a little reshaft project tonight with the V2's. I removed the S300's and the PX 5.0's are prepped and ready to go. Took some pictures of the process that I'll post somewhere so people can see a poor man's reshafting job.

Very cool. I've enjoyed reading your whole journey with these irons. This is their 3rd different set of shafts, no?

LOL:alien:

Interesting, Hawk. I am thinking that I would love the Tour 90s in these over the Tours, just fit me a bit better.

Yep, set number three lol. These are pulls that I'm just throwing in their for the fun of it. I also removed paintfill I'd put in before and I'll be adding something new. It's rainy here and I always enjoy things like this.

Back