The 2009 Players Championship [spoilers]

Then it's a good thing federal employees have to buy their own business cards!

Why did I always thing Figjam was a specifically Australian bit of slang?

And to keep this on topic--any recent blowups on 17?

Bubba Watson just hit one in the water. he has been the ONLY player to hit a water ball on 17 so far today

Yeah RS they threw him out.

Just noticed that Brian Gay withdrew.

AK shot an 82 today. Yikes!

this quote is from the standard bearer that was in Phils group yesterday:

"Phil hooked a 3 wood into the woods on the right on 6. After phil hit it out, the guys called him a figjam, which led phil to tell bones to haves the guy ushered out. He then turned to my marker to call for security to make sure he was ushered out. Phil then walked on to the fairway and said "Have a great rest of your thursday motherf*****." It was pretty interesting, but unfortunately phil ended up playing poorly the rest of the day"

He let it get to him, whether he admits it or not.

Poor Phil, so many spectators knock on him, remindes me exactly of a guy calling his name, then shouting "Nice tits"

What a F****** peice of s***.

Poor Phil, so many spectators knock on him, remindes me exactly of a guy calling his name, then shouting "Nice tits"

What a F****** peice of s***.

i agree.

To be honest, What has Phil ever done to any other player? I can't recall anything specific, it's always him being knocked, even Tiger's Caddy states "I f***kin hate the guy"

For what reason?

i dont understand it either. he seems like such a nice guy. always signing autographs, says thank you when the crowds claps for him, smiles a lot... maybe he is different when the cameras are off?

Sergio goes in the water....

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Go Phil!

Agreed, awesome job by Phil. No need for finesse when a spectator of that caliber only understands pure crude.

Besides, the guy botched the delivery. I happened to tape that telecast and when I reviewed it the spectator had buried his remark with awful timing, to the point he felt compelled to repeat it. When Phil's ball landed they were using an overhead shot of the small greenside bunker. The guy shouted his FIGJAM line and when it was obviously obscured by other crowd noise he quickly said it again. What a stiff. This was before Phil asked him to repeat it. The clod planned and saved for his big moment and couldn't even deliver it clearly and unobstructed. Boot well earned. :D

Haha. Already two doubles today for Sergio!

Kevin Na just hit a dead pull right into the trees on 11. Crazy looking shot. This has been an interesting day. Tiger plays average and because nobody was scoring is able to be within 4 of the lead (when he finished). My 2 picks of Poulter and Stenson still look pretty solid.

Cabrera already complained about pace of play waiting for Na to decide what to do after the pull. I think it was more to do with Cabrera shooting a big number, playing bad and waiting is never fun. But the guy was in trouble and is in contention, give him a break. Could you imagine if he was playing with O'Hair?

They were showing highlights and it looked like Quinney still had a Nickent hat on.

Poulter just hit his 2nd in the water on #11.

They were showing highlights and it looked like Quinney still had a Nickent hat on.

Seems like if he needed a sponsor he could get TM or Titleist pretty easily, they seem to sign up anybody. Maybe he just believes in the Nickent stuff?

Seems like Na should have made that birdie putt, but I know these greens are tough.

Since Cabrera complained about Na his game has gone in the tank.

Since Cabrera complained about Na his game has gone in the tank.

I was just going to say he is choking...what did Caberera complain about though?

Cabrera already complained about pace of play waiting for Na to decide what to do after the pull. I think it was more to do with Cabrera shooting a big number, playing bad and waiting is never fun. But the guy was in trouble and is in contention, give him a break. Could you imagine if he was playing with O'Hair?

nevermind.....missed that

Will he hold on with this big lead tomorrow? Most likely paired with Tiger.

Will he hold on with this big lead tomorrow? Most likely paired with Tiger.

he'll probably fold like a napkin (if he's paired with Tiger). i hope he doesnt though

He is paired with him.

Back