Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hotmail is not working, I have a bunch of emails I need to read but it won't let me sign in.

My hotmail is not working, I have a bunch of emails I need to read but it won't let me sign in.

Neither is my wife's!

Congrats on 4,500 and +1 rep power Dent!

amino%204500.jpg

She said it's working again Dent.

DRJ:

I think he could have let you play, but don't you have to be 18 to use a cart? I take it you meant a riding cart. Maybe it's 16, but I always thought it was 18. I thought the minimum age that they would rent people a cart around here is 18.

The course I played last Saturday there was a sign that read "You must be 21, mature and responsible to rent a cart." I laughed and asked the lady if you had you be all three and she said yes. I said there must not be a lot of people that rent carts then.

I really wish it didn't bother me, but the "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!" guys just drive me bananas.

Agreed. Those people drive me nuts. I like the ones that scream it when the ball isn't anywhere close to the hole.

The course I played last Saturday there was a sign that read "You must be 21, mature and responsible to rent a cart." I laughed and asked the lady if you had you be all three and she said yes. I said there must not be a lot of people that rent carts then.

That's hilarious. If it was my course, I'd make it UNDER 21. No drinking that way.

Agreed. Those people drive me nuts. I like the ones that scream it when the ball isn't anywhere close to the hole.

I don't care if it's heading straight for the hole. Those guys don't care either - they are just looking for attention.

But regardless, I wish I could find a way to not let it bother me.

I don't care if it's heading straight for the hole. Those guys don't care either - they are just looking for attention.

But regardless, I wish I could find a way to not let it bother me.

Mute. The rounds are really boring that way but you don't have that idiot screaming every hole.

Not as much as the "YOU DA MAN!" guys?

That's funny, we were following John Daly at the TPC Sawgrass in 1998 and there was about 10 meatheads that were trying to be the first to yell "you da man" everytime Daly hit his driver, and very few of his shots even hit the fairway. It got old real quick, so we started following Tiger and there were about 10 guys following him that were all yelling "get in the hole" on every shot he hit. It was a no win situation, do you follow the "you da man" group or the "get in the hole" group, hahaha

Last night, as Jeff said, "I'll tally the votes," KCTV5 in Kansas City broke away from Survivor to go to a weather alert. The weatherlady says "they are tallying the votes and then they will go to commercial so we'll get you back in time." Excuse me? They don't go to commercial! Their weather alert lasted throughout at least most of C.S.I. as well. Since they screwed up C.S.I. anyway, couldn't they have waited two more minutes? KCTV got at least three nasty emails about this! Had to watch the last two minutes on cbs.com this morning.

On the news last night, they said, "In case you missed the end of Survivor, we'll show it at the end of the news." Excuse me again? IN CASE WE MISSED IT? You freakin' cut away from it! EVERYONE watching this crappy news missed the end of it you morons! Then, all they showed was, "The eleventh person voted out is . . ." Come on again folks, you gotta see him read the votes too! Sheeeesh.

There's a line in a song I like called "A Day Like Today" . . .

Welcome back
Says the voice on the radio
But I never left
I was always right here

There's a line in a song I like called "A Day Like Today" . . .

Welcome back
Says the voice
in Harry's head
But I never left
I was always right here

Fixed it for ya!

Why is that a rant?

Works for me Harry. :confused2:

Our email service went down about 15 minutes ago. As I'm trying to line up funds so my favorite client can invest in his latest deal. Grrr! I think this is technology's way of telling me to leave work and go play golf. :golf:

Do it do it do it do it do it

Do it do it do it do it do it

My friend can't get there for half an hour. So I'm sending emails on the blackberry, which is a total pain in the rear. I'll leave soon.

Good, that gives me a few more minutes.

I got this back from my first email I sent to KCTV5. Surprised to get anything back in the first place, but the response is pretty much what you would expect:

To: Mike M <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Cutting off the end of Survivor
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:19:28 -0500

You recently sent an e-mail expressing dissatisfaction with the weather coverage on KCTV5. We value our viewers’ opinions; however, our licensing requires we broadcast any warnings or any severe weather watches which affect the Kansas City viewing area. The nature of our broadcasting is discretional, and therefore we try to maximize viewers’ safety while maintaining viewing integrity. KCTV/MyKSMO regularly reviews viewer concerns to determine if additional action is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:09 PM
To: KCTV Station Account
Subject: Cutting off the end of Survivor

WTF were you guys thinking?

This station SUCKS.

Probably Dent. But it got the point across!

You don't know?

Everytime I play they give me a cart, and at that course there aren't any sort of rules or regulations that I know of that stops me from getting one. I guess they judge on how old you look before they let you get a cart, I'm not sure because I've never been denied one. And I'm not one for messing around on a cart either lol.

I was a dope last night; when I got home from the Sybase thing, I turned on the car's interior light to record mileage (charity miles are deductible!) and forgot to turn it off. So I had a dead battery this morning.

Thank goodness Hubby was still home, because he has jumper cables in his car. So it cost me less than 10 minutes' time. However, my trip odometer now says it's been 486 miles since my last fill up. Worse, the audio system is totally on the fritz. It's flashing "code," with no number behind it--that error message isn't even in the user's manual. I was just at the dealer 6 or 7 weeks ago, and it cost me $2300. I have no burning desire to go back just for this, but I need my NPR fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back