The 2009 Players Championship [spoilers]

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Just realized we didn't have an official thread yet.

Watching it now.

EDIT: I just noticed that Quinney is wearing a Nickent hat, that's good to see with all the rumors flying around about the company.

I love the Live @ 17 coverage!!! I've been tuned in all day at work, this is great!!!

Anyone else see Steve Lowery take the 8?? Ouch!!!

I love the Live @ 17 coverage!!! I've been tuned in all day at work, this is great!!!

Anyone else see Steve Lowery take the 8?? Ouch!!!

Geez. I didn't even realize there was online coverage.

Thanks P4B. :good:

Poulter and Stenson look good from what I have seen.

Kenny Perry and Jim Furyk playing together. Two of the weirdest swings in the same group.

By the way, a local teacher at my club, GG's teaching pro, holds the 9 hole record for this course with a 28. He grew up playing there with Klauk. Amollerud can confirm that.

Kenny Perry and Jim Furyk playing together. Two of the weirdest swings in the same group.

What were the odds that they would put Perry and Cabrera in the same group?:beat-up: That seems like pouring salt in a wound for Perry.

has anyone heard yet what happened with Phil Mickelson and a fan on the course today? i think it was on TGC but i havent watched it yet

nevermind. found this on my own:

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – It was a difficult shot that he nearly pulled off. It was followed by a rude comment that he couldn’t let pass.

So Phil Mickelson confronted the unruly spectator, leaned on trusty caddie Jim Mackay for support, and made sure the man was ushered from the area.

Having birdied three of his first four holes, Mickelson was roaring out of the gates when he pulled a hybrid at the short, par-4 sixth. After surveying his options, Mickelson hit what appeared to be a splendid escape shot, though it came up just short of the green. As he headed out from beneath the tree, a man clearly yelled out, “Way to go, Figjam.”

Mickelson stopped, turned, and confronted the man.

“What did you say?” Mickelson said, and the man repeated it.

Figjam is an acronym that stands for “F*** I’m good, just ask me.” Mickelson certainly knows what it means and asked for Mackay to help marshals identify the man. They did, and while Mickelson and Mackay headed to the next shot, the man was removed from the area by the marshals.

Whether it disrupted Mickelson’s momentum is hard to quantify, but the lefthander bogeyed that sixth, then stumbled early on the back and was 2-over through 16 holes.

Interesting.

On a related note, did a fan get plugged in the head by Adam Scott, or did it just look like it?

Edit: Oh, and did you see AK hit a downhill chip shot straight into the side hill 4 feet in front of him on the 9th? Yeah, and then did you see the chip that followed??? It was the worst of times, it was the best of times.

Dang I forgot this was on today,

I still dont get the FIGJAM, I saw it and thought it was awesome that Phil called him on it.

I still dont get the FIGJAM, I saw it and thought it was awesome that Phil called him on it.

LOL, that's funny....I had to look it up though.

What putter is Sergio using now? Didn't look like a Kia Ma, thought I saw the TM red insert.

nevermind. found this on my own:

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – It was a difficult shot that he nearly pulled off. It was followed by a rude comment that he couldn’t let pass.

So Phil Mickelson confronted the unruly spectator, leaned on trusty caddie Jim Mackay for support, and made sure the man was ushered from the area.

Having birdied three of his first four holes, Mickelson was roaring out of the gates when he pulled a hybrid at the short, par-4 sixth. After surveying his options, Mickelson hit what appeared to be a splendid escape shot, though it came up just short of the green. As he headed out from beneath the tree, a man clearly yelled out, “Way to go, Figjam.”

Mickelson stopped, turned, and confronted the man.

“What did you say?” Mickelson said, and the man repeated it.

Figjam is an acronym that stands for “F*** I’m good, just ask me.” Mickelson certainly knows what it means and asked for Mackay to help marshals identify the man. They did, and while Mickelson and Mackay headed to the next shot, the man was removed from the area by the marshals.

Whether it disrupted Mickelson’s momentum is hard to quantify, but the lefthander bogeyed that sixth, then stumbled early on the back and was 2-over through 16 holes.

Gee, I wonder if alcohol was involved.
rolleyes.gif

Man, I don't care how much you dislike a player, that's out of line. Way out of line.

I'm sorry I don't know the history behind why people call Phil that. Why is it an insult?

I place that acronym after the PhD, JD, DDS on my business cards.

I'm sorry I don't know the history behind why people call Phil that. Why is it an insult?

FIGJAM - F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me.

Phil has a reputation as a bit of a know-it-all and isn't afraid to tell you.

Whether that's true or not is a whole 'nother story.

best....acronym.....ever!

I place that acronym after the PhD, JD, DDS on my business cards.

Then it's a good thing federal employees have to buy their own business cards!

Why did I always thing Figjam was a specifically Australian bit of slang?

And to keep this on topic--any recent blowups on 17?

FIGJAM - F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me.

Phil has a reputation as a bit of a know-it-all and isn't afraid to tell you.

Whether that's true or not is a whole 'nother story.

Rocco Mediate said the entire FIGJAM story is untrue. and i agree, it is totally out of line for someone to yell that. the guy that did yell it folded like a napkin when he was confronted. i hope they threw him out

Back