JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been looking at some prices of some clubs there and some are just unreal.

4DX Hybrids virtually new for $69.
ARC Wedges for $35

And they got more of those 7 shaft packages with Evolver for $299.

I've been waiting for the lefty stuff to rear it's head, but so far I've seen only an SE come up. I emailed them just to make sure there wasn't anything in hiding they may be able to dredge up for me. The prices are ridiculous!

Credit where credit is due - TheClubOutlet review

Credit where credit is due - TheClubOutlet review

As you can see, this is my first post, usually just lurk, listen and learn from this great forum. However, I was very pleased to deal with TheClubOutlet and wanted to pass on my experience. In addition, I have some information on the CYG adaptor from Nickent if anyone is interested (since TheClubOutlet is apparently an outlet for Nickent products I thought this would be the appropriate place to post).

First of all, I do not work for, nor do I know anyone at Nickent nor at TheClubOutlet. I first heard of the Evolver driver and TheClubOutlet from this forum. As a small business owner myself (dental specialty practice) I always strive to give good service of the highest quality to my patients, and I just wanted to give some "props" to what I feel (at least in my recent dealings with them) is a great company and staff with regards to customer service.

After hearing from this forum, I decided to order from TheClubOutlet. I was hoping to get the great 7 shaft Evolver package but in a 12* loft (I lost a good 10-13 mph in swing speed after a back injury). Unfortunately, TheClubOutlet only has this package in a 10.5* or 9*. I was hoping to swap out the head so I called via telephone. Although the nice women who answered the phone informed me that she was not able to swap the 10.5* for a 12*, she was very apologetic and nice about it. (As an aside, for some reason the old Evolver head is marked 12.5* while the new ones on the Nickent site are listed at 12*). When I asked about my other options, she did say that she had a 12.5* Evolver head that came with a single shaft and therefore did not come with a torque wrench. It was a 4/5 rating in terms of the condition.

I informed her that I would be OK with that but was hoping to get the wrench since I was planning on getting a CYG shaft later anyway (once the adaptor became available separately to use with my own shaft). Lo and behold, she offered to give me a wrench for free and took down my name over the phone. I told her I would be ordering via their website shortly but I got busy with patients and did not get my order in until a couple of days later. I ended up ordering on the web on Sunday. Other than via a separate email they there is no way to append a note with special instructions directly to a web order so I figured since it was my fault that I didn't order right away that her little Post-it note regarding the free wrench would be lost.

Long story short (too late I know), my order was shipped the next day on Monday, and I received my Evolver on Wednesday (no shipping charge on orders over $99!). I was very pleased to note that true to her word, a brand new wrench was included with my driver as promised along with a note on it. In addition, the 4/5 condition club was indistinguishable from brand new! No marks, not even on the club face, no scratches, nothing! It even had the clear plastic protector on the sole of the club which was completely cherry (this club was apparently not even brushed up against a practice mat). All for $160! :blob:New headcover included per the site.

Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with TheClubOutlet and based on my experience, have recommended them to several friends. It is nice to see a company go out of their way for the sake of good customer service without making a big fuss over it and delivering what they promise while exceeding a customer's expectation.:clapp:

On another note, as I said, I was planning to get some CYG hosel adaptors to try my Matrix Ozik Xcon5 into the 12.5* head. Since my misses are right to left, I figured I could just open the face a little, and also thereby lowering the dynamic loft a little. I called Nickent directly (another great company for customer service. I had a great time talking to the customer service rep about the Nickent products and he spent quite some time enthusiastically talking about it, and also candidly about prospects for the company.

When I asked about the availability of the new CYG adaptor as a separate item, I was told that they would not have it on their website as a separate component for at least a couple to three months since they had to make sure that their retailers were supplied with the adapters for all their new Evolvers. This was contrary (and disappointingly so) to what had been posted on this forum previously by someone who claimed it would be on the Nickent site as a separate item (adaptor only, no shaft) by "next week" (which would have made it this week). Although you can purchase the new adapter attached to a shaft through Nickent, their pricefor a premium shaft (e.g. the xcon) is about $175 more (edit: actually it is $550 compared to $300, a difference of $250 more!) than the internet cost of the shaft alone (usually around $300). While I would like to support a great product and company such as Nickent, this is a little too rich for my taste :beat-up:when I already have the shaft.

I also heard in this forum that the CYG adapter itself was available from Edwin Watts (it is not on their site). From that post, I believe this is only the .350" (I would need the .335" for the Xcon?). Has anyone actually purchased this from Edwin Watts as when I asked the customer service rep he mentioned that they were not making this available as a separate item at this time although they hoped to eventually do so through their site as well as through their retailers. Is this just a rumor, and if not, is this available to the public or only through special contacts at Edwin Watts that some posters have access to?

By the way, when I mentioned that I didn't see any of the new Nickent stuff at Roger Dunn Golf Shops, the Nickent rep said that for those of you in SoCal, Nickent was attempting to once again make their product available through Roger Dunn and was working out a new contract (Roger Dunn has what I think is the most generous buy and try policy of 90days in the industry...another great example of customer service which has earned by patronage).

Anyway, just wanted to get the latest info out. If anyone has heard otherwise, please let me know as I would love to get a hold of some of the CYG adaptors (hopefully for a .335" tip) sooner rather than later. Also, can the .350" be shimmed, or is this not advisable?

Great forum by the way. This is the best! TIA for any input.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Thanks for your detailed and first post at THP. I spoke with Nickent just a couple of days ago and was told that the tip is not a couple of months away from being on their site, but rather anytime now.

I hope its sooner then later, I keep looking everyday just in case lol

Welcome to THP mohdds!

Good first post. You didn't mention how you are hitting your new 12.5° clubhead. FWIW, my old driver was a 12.5 but I tried out a 10.5° Evolver of another forum member and was hitting it higher than the driver I already had. So when I got my Evolver sent to me, I went with a 10.5 and even went with the stiff shaft. Hope your 12.5 works for you, please let us know. I could never even hit a 10.5 before with any consistency, which is why I got a 12.5 over Christmas. I can hit the crap out of the 10.5 (well, for me, anyway!) so I'm glad I went that route.

I actually talked to Nickent on 4/21 on the phone (I talked to Josie) and she told me the new hosel would be out in the next week. So they are just over a week behind schedule, but it's OK with me, I can wait. I made a post about our conversation that same day, so you might be referring to me. But I didn't claim it, I was just reporting what I was told. She said she would ship it when it was available. I hope it's soon, I really want to try it out!

Again, welcome to THP and enjoy yourself here!

Thank you to everyone for a warm welcome. I really appreciate the honest reviews here and that members don't waste a lot of effort arguing about what 20hcp is averaging 320 yards off the tee with their 3i lol.

Smallville: Regarding the difference in what we heard about the CYG adapter, sincerely, absolutely no disrespect or doubt intended. I realize each of us was honestly just passing along what we were told by Nickent. For all our sakes, I hope Josie had better information than the guy I spoke to over the phone. Like all of us, I'd rather have the CYG adapter available sooner rather than later! Let's hope it gets on their site soon. (mmmust...learn...patience...)

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to hit the 12.5* yet (just got it yesterday) and won't get a chance due to other responsibilities (teaching, travel and private practice) until next week! (mmmust....learn...patience...) Per my original post I went with a 12.5* due to a back injury and I'm a mere (weak) mortal with a swing speed of 83-86 mph (lost a little over 10 mph over the last year due to injury and not getting younger).

I recently received a 10.5* 09 Burner (won in a putting contest - I guess I can still putt!) that I'm hitting reasonably well but was intrigued with the Evolver, especially with the CYG becoming available. I did try a used 12* LV4 on the course but it was a hook machine for me although ball flight was good for my slow swing speed (except for going left and a tad bit too high).

While looking for an Evolver (couldn't find one at the local b&m) , I tried a glued 10.5* 4DX (just in a hitting bay-no launch monitor available) and really liked the impact sound and feel. I was told by the salesperson that due to the low spin head some slower swing speed players may prefer more loft in this head. Hence the 12.5*. Along with the CYG and the sound and feel, this had me sold.

I figured that since my normal flight is a draw, by opening the 12.5* (once I got a hold of a CYG adapter) I can decrease the dynamic loft slightly while maybe enabling the possibility me actually hitting a controlled fade on occasion. I thought that if I started with the 10.5* and opened it the loft might get too low for my low swing speed. Anyhoo, all this is theory and the reality will become apparent when I actually get some range and course time with this experiment (must...must....learn...patience...). Hopefully this will work out as I would have rather have gotten the 7 shaft package if I was going to end up with a 10.5* anyway.

Again, thank you to everyone all for the warm welcomes and all the great advice.

• Admin
I got the word from someone other than Josie, so I am holding out hope.

Man, if I had the money right now, I would grab that Evolver 7 shaft combo for $299 just because how freakin cool is that???? Then add the CYG!?!? Day-yum.

(Looks like only regular flex is left though. Still . . .)

Man, if I had the money right now, I would grab that Evolver 7 shaft combo for $299 just because how freakin cool is that???? Then add the CYG!?!? Day-yum.

You have a Dymo!! Actually sorry to go off topic, but how are you liking it Harry? I'm still waiting for mine.

You have a Dymo!! Actually sorry to go off topic, but how are you liking it Harry? I'm still waiting for mine.

I like it. But I haven't gamed it yet because I think I'm going to cut it down to 45" so it's the same as my SQ SuMo (hence my questions in the shaft trimming thread) But I want to get my pro's opinion first.

IT has been over a month I think Dent.

Yeah, who did you order it from that it takes that long?

Yeah, who did you order it from that it takes that long?

It isn't the sellers problem, its because of Customs. I bought it off ebay, but first it took a week and a half to process my echeck, and customs will hold the item for possibly closer to a week or two.

Wow, I have bought quite a few things from Canada that have not taken that long. Sorry Dent, that stinks.

That's because everything is in such a hurry to get OUT of Canada, but nothing ever wants to GO there!

hehehe (Sorry!)

My Irons took longer than this club will take. I know for a fact it's all customs, and checking the tracking number, the clubs don't travel very fast.

That's because everything is in such a hurry to get OUT of Canada, but nothing ever wants to GO there!

hehehe (Sorry!)

It's Canada.....not Mexico lol.

That's a great deal & it would be fun just to screw around with all the different shafts.

That's a great deal & it would be fun just to screw around with all the different shafts.

Exactly. And then add the adjustable hosel. Tinkerer's heaven.

It would truly be the best way to test shafts.

Harry can tinker all he wants. I'm playing golf. Well, I'm playing a game that kind of resembles golf. A lot of times it's called hiking in the woods.

Back