Big Break: Prince Edward Island [spoilers]

"You can see a big indentation on my PW, on the sweet spot, from me hitting it so good, and sweet everytime". Yeah, he seems like a misunderstood sole. Must be the editing.

What was the nonsense he was spouting about driving?

(paraphrasing) "When you stand on the tee, you don't just look out and say 'Hit it anywhere out there', you have the 'eye cornea' (exact words) ... you know what I mean."

Hey, numbnuts, how'd that work out when you hit it in the trees over and over again? You enjoy hearing your own voice WAY too much.

Speaking of eyes, after watching his interviews, I'm beginning to think Brian may be a bit of a sociopath. There's something in his eyes. He's just "off."

Spoiler

As if you needed to look into his eyes to figure out that he's off. :D

Speaking of eyes, after watching his interviews, I'm beginning to think Brian may be a bit of a sociopath. There's something in his eyes. He's just "off."

Spoiler

As if you needed to look into his eyes to figure out that he's off. :D

Didn't he say something about the BB video editors making him look different too!

Honestly, I believe some of this IS done in the editing room. He seemed like he was pretty respectful of the other players and didn't act like a psycho on the course. The things that come out of his mouth are a whole different story.

Didn't he say something about the BB video editors making him look different too!

Yeah, I think there was something about altering his appearance with CGI. :D

Who the hell is this clown? What a doushe bag.

"You can see a big indentation on my PW, on the sweet spot, from me hitting it so good, and sweet everytime"

Oh gosh Dent.....dare me to say it lol?

He is a TOOL!!!!!! I'm just pissed that the hot chick really choked bad. Her next to last pitch to the green was brutal. Now we are stuck listening to him for at least one more week. Too bad they can't just vote him off like survivor.:beat-up:

A few thoughts after some time to ponder lat night's show:

Charlie Rhymer is better than a lot of the previous male hosts, but I still think Vince Cellini was the best and would be great.

Stina is hot. I'm just sayin'.

Before the first show, I thought I would be rooting for Nicole. But now I'm starting to lean towards Gerina. She hits the ball really well and has a good game face. I think she probably has the best shot at the LPGA.

I hope Brenda goes a long ways, because of the entertainment factor.

I would like to know how many yards the women's tee was ahead of the men's tee in the long drive challenge (or the exact yardages of the players' drives.) Because Gerina just pummeled Brian after he said that he only gets outdriven by freakishly long players. (Oh pardon me though, Brian had an excuse -- "It just goes to show how far I hit it because all of those were mishits.")

Please let Brian get eliminated next week. Please? (Or least don't show him, ya' know, . . . talking . . . anymore.)

I thought they were 30 yards closer, since the men's max points was at 290 and the women's max was at 260. (I think?)

In his defense, I think Brian is just really, really highly strung and far too much in his own head. I don't think there is any mischief or ill intent about him. To the contrary, when he isn't berating himself or making bold (and thus far baseless) claims to the camera about his game, he seems genuinely respectful and friendly to the other players.

Brenda is great, but she had to be getting on Nicole's nerves after the tenth time she teased her about her Dereklust. But I really enjoyed the confessional in which Gerena was perched on her lappie.

I was sorry to see Kim go, as she is awfully nice to watch and seems very intelligent and friendly; but frankly, she didn't seem to be the strongest player on the island and I wasn't entirely surprised to see her in elimination or taking the walk of shameful dismissal.

Gerena on the other hand strikes me as a very good golfer indeed. I expect we will see her around a long time, unless some stroke of bad fortune takes her out before her time.

I liked the greens-in-regulation format this episode. I also think it was a fairer all around test of golf than the three par threes that Football had to contend with.

In his defense, I think Brian is just really, really highly strung and far too much in his own head. I don't think there is any mischief or ill intent about him. To the contrary, when he isn't berating himself or making bold (and thus far baseless) claims to the camera about his game, he seems genuinely respectful and friendly to the other players.

I don't know. He just seems like he's got some pretty serious . . . issues.

Brenda is great, but she had to be getting on Nicole's nerves after the tenth time she teased her about her Dereklust. But I really enjoyed the confessional in which Gerena was perched on her lappie.

Totally agree. Brenda is great in small weekly doses, but I can see how she would be very annoying 24/7, especially in a stressful situation.

I was sorry to see Kim go, as she is awfully nice to watch and seems very intelligent and friendly; but frankly, she didn't seem to be the strongest player on the island and I wasn't entirely surprised to see her in elimination or taking the walk of shameful dismissal.

Again, agree. If it had been between her and one of the other girls, I probably would have wanted her to leave just because she hasn't played as well as the other girls. But against Brian . . .

Gerena on the other hand strikes me as a very good golfer indeed. I expect we will see her around a long time, unless some stroke of bad fortune takes her out before her time.

Yep. Very solid player all-around. And pretty hawt, in a tomboy sorta way.

I liked the greens-in-regulation format this episode. I also think it was a fairer all around test of golf than the three par threes that Football had to contend with.

That was what I forgot to mention. I really liked last night's format. Not sure why, but I did. I guess it seemed like a really good combination of fun and real-world golf skill.

Next week is glass breaking, which is always a good time.

I totally agree WSE, but putting that aside, he is a dink.

I don't know. He just seems like he's got some pretty serious . . . issues.

Totally agree. Brenda is great in small weekly doses, but I can see how she would be very annoying 24/7, especially in a stressful situation.

Again, agree. If it had been between her and one of the other girls, I probably would have wanted her to leave just because she hasn't played as well as the other girls. But against Brian . . .

Yep. Very solid player all-around. And pretty hawt, in a tomboy sorta way.

That was what I forgot to mention. I really liked last night's format. Not sure why, but I did. I guess it seemed like a really good combination of fun and real-world golf skill.

Next week is glass breaking, which is always a good time.

Brian is someone who you either love or hate, depending on if you know him or not. I know, most of the viewers dont' lik ehim. But don't you think it is strange that the other contestants never say anything really bad about him? They tease him and joke about his intense personality, but genuinely care about Brian. He might peeve a lot of us off, but it's not like BB Kaanapali where the girls ganged up on Christina OR BB X where everyone hated Dave. Brian is loved by the others; they tolerate some of his comments, but they really seem to love him. I think that says something.

Meanwhile, you have to admit, these ladies rock on this show! Gerina is really good! Blair is waaay more than just a pretty face/body. Brenda showed us she can really scramble when she needs to (and make us laugh on cue) and Nicole is a huge underdog who beat her dreamboat (rated #1 to win this) on the first contest this week, pretty butts down! Sorry...this BB is going to be won by a woman! :D

Now, don't tell the contestants I said that - I'm supposed to by unbiased ;)
shhhh....

I think the other contestants are just being nice. He claims it is the editing but why does he still sound like an ass on your unedited interviews?

I think the other contestants are just being nice. He claims it is the editing but why does he still sound like an ass on your unedited interviews?

HA! Well stated, sir.

No kidding. Brian lanced himself in this week's interview with Gayle. I was coming around to him until listening to it. The edited show this week was more kind to Brian than Brian was to himself. As worst_shot_ever posted, Brian didn't seem to have any ill intent toward others in the program, but in the interview he briefly imitates Aaron's voice in negative fashion, obviously annoyed that Aaron doubted Brian's claims of driving distance. Brian also throws in two unnecessary mild profanities, including an emphatic, "No sh**," again toward Aaron and the driving distance issue.

He also rips the course, saying it is a '60s design and not tournament caliber, hardly suited to the driving distance realities of the modern game.

Maybe that's why the trees keep gobbling up the male drives, too far. :D

I had to laugh when Gayle cut the interview without her typical Larry King-style, "Anything else you want to tell me?" It might be the first time in the past 3 Big Breaks plus Highway 18 that she hasn't included that effective question. Well earned. I was already sick of listening to Brian, and somewhat annoyed I had defended him on a couple of message boards within the previous few hours.

Still, I rooted for Brian and I'm glad he survived. It was a vital result in terms of entertainment value. This show lacks at least one strong personality, particularly after Football was bounced. Too many of them are silent and clappy on the bench. Seriously, are we going to rely on smiling Eugene or military serious Aaron for sub plots? As long as Brian fills 20 minutes with absurd claims -- "I am a supreme, superior athlete, period" -- and Brenda chats for 20 more, this show practically produces itself.

Still, I rooted for Brian and I'm glad he survived. It was a vital result in terms of entertainment value. This show lacks at least one strong personality, particularly after Football was bounced. Too many of them are silent and clappy on the bench. Seriously, are we going to rely on smiling Eugene or military serious Aaron for sub plots? As long as Brian fills 20 minutes with absurd claims -- "I am a supreme, superior athlete, period" -- and Brenda chats for 20 more, this show practically produces itself.

So true! And when those two aren't carrying the show, there's always some filler available concerning Derick "I'm too sexy" Gillespie's ability to bring the female fans to PGA events.

"I'm a superior, supreme athlete". Ha ha ha.

If he'd replace 'athlete' with 'asshat', I'd be right there with him.

"I'm a superior, supreme athlete". Ha ha ha.

If he'd replace 'athlete' with 'asshat', I'd be right there with him.

You're a superior, supreme asshat?

I believe the Supreme Asshat is one level below Grand Puba and is currently held by Tom Cruise.

Is the Supreme Asshat the one that comes with sour cream?

Spoiler
Or is that the Deluxe Asshat?

You'd have to ask Grogger. I haven't made it to episode one on my DVR antique, hand-cranked recording device.

I believe the Supreme Asshat is one level below Grand Puba and is currently held by Tom Cruise.

Uh, that's Poo-Bah. Cf. The Mikado.

I finally figured out who Gerina reminds me of. It's Missy Peregrym from Reaper (not Hollywood skinny like Peregrym though):

url

I'm still bummed that my girl, Kim is gone. What do I do now, route for Blair? I was trying NOT to be a man of the masses.

Spoiler

Don't blame me, blame the Y chromosome
blair-oneal1.jpg

I'm still bummed that my girl, Kim is gone. What do I do now, route for Blair? I was trying NOT to be a man of the masses.

Actually, Blair doesn't do anything for me. I was a Nicole fan, but now I think I'm going to get behind Gerina.

Back