Grogger31

Swing hard, just in case
Reaction score
Handicap
Played a nine hole course this morning and they sent a teenager around with each group as a forecaddie (my first experience with this).

It worked out great. They were players on local high school teams and had good knowledge of the course. They tended the pin, raked the bunkers, fixed the occassional divot, and walked ahead on doglegs to wave us on.

I like this concept a LOT better than the cantankerous, curmudgeonly rangers most courses send around, who do nothing but bark incomprehensibly at you and fall asleep in their cart.

Last edited:
that would be cool. never experienced one either

That seems cool, so they don't carry your bags or anything? They are just your shot maintenance guys?

Wow the whole course? I've had one for the first few holes but that was about it.

Not sure I would enjoy that, it's bad enough I have to endure my own swing but to have a stranger watching me the entire time would be even worse.

No, they don't carry your bags. Simply help with shot/course management to help speed up play. It was especially helpful to have them up ahead to watch where a ball ended up. Saved a LOT of time.

This happened to be a 9-hole track, but "Yes", he was with us for the whole 9 holes.

Like I said, a first for me but a pleasant one.

I like that idea, like you said Grogger it beats the rangers around these parts.

With as much as courses charge and as many people as they try to cram on the course on the weekends, they should be supplying forecaddies if they want to speed up play.

Especially would cut down on the hidden ball in the rough phenomenon. Seems like looking for balls in the rough kills 10-20 minutes every round.

Only place I've run across them is at some very upscale private clubs. If a foursome uses carts instead of caddies, you get a forecaddy.

If course want people to use carts to speed up play, I think course should switch to those Segway things. That way, everyone can go to their own ball.

segway_x2_golf.jpg

I still prefer walking when I can though.

If course want people to use carts to speed up play, I think course should switch to those Segway things. That way, everyone can go to their own ball.

segway_x2_golf.jpg

I still prefer walking when I can though.

I want one of those so bad now.

This solves the problem of cart riding with my dad who slices it 50 yard to the right and 100 yards short of my drives.

This solves the problem of cart riding with my dad who slices it 50 yard to the right and 100 yards short of my drives.

Or Hubby, who slices and insists on tracking down his ball, regardless of where mine is.

I can do helmets on a bicycle. I can do helmets on the slope. But those photos are dorky beyond belief. No way, no how.

Or Hubby, who slices and insists on tracking down his ball, regardless of where mine is.

I can do helmets on a bicycle. I can do helmets on the slope. But those photos are dorky beyond belief. No way, no how.

That may be the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year. Also like the nice golf shoes and gloves!!!!!!!

We use forecaddies if using carts as a twosome or foursome. Actually, it is policy in my club that you must take one. Walkers get caddies. I think after a certain time you can go out without one.

Back