Nickent makes its way into the bag

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Finally got out to the range to try out these clubs from the raffle. The Evolver driver felt good. Long and straight. I have used regular flex shafts forever but this one came with a stiff shaft (no comments from you, Harry!). JB also sent out a couple of high launch shafts, one regular, one stiff. I am supposed to send one back. Surprising to me, I am sending back the regular flex. I hit it OK, but sliced it too much. The stiff flex worked better for me. Maybe I should have gone with them years earlier.

The hybrids were wonderful! Long, straight and plenty of airtime. I had the 3DX 4H before, and could hit the crap out of it, but these felt so much better. If Nickent ever makes higher lofted hybrids, I may have to consider them! The irons felt great too. Longer and straighter than my Goldwins. I chunked a few, but when I connected, they were nice.

I had Jacqui hit a few with the Evolver. Her first shot was so-so, but she hit about five more and was bombing them too. I was afraid she was going to claim it as her own, but she was hitting her driver very well today too. It's pretty cool to see her hitting better than a lot of the guys around us. They can hit it farther, but most had a moderate to bad slice. She was putting them out there 175+ at times with her usual slight draw. She also hit my Goldwin irons. They are probably going to replace her starter set she got last year. She wants a round at the course to try them out without her irons right there as a backup.

I hope Nickent makes it through this economic mess OK because they make a fine product. I can't wait to hit the course with these in the bag.

Last edited:
That is great to hear Smalls, glad to hear you found a shaft that would work for you in the Evolver.

That is so awesome to hear Smallville. Glad that the prizes you won are working out.

Glad you were able to get out and try your new acquisitions and it sounds like they worked for you.Interesting that I have had the same problem with reg shafts in a driver.Everything I've read suggests it should be the other way around so it was encouraging to see someone having the same experience with shaff flex as me.

thats the same with me Smalls. i play a stiff shaft in my driver, but everything else is regular flex. with a regular flex driver shaft i just sprayed it all over the place. however, i use reg flex shafts in my 3W, 5W, Hybrid, and irons (R400's)

thats the same with me Smalls. i play a stiff shaft in my driver, but everything else is regular flex. with a regular flex driver shaft i just sprayed it all over the place. however, i use reg flex shafts in my 3W, 5W, Hybrid, and irons (R400's)

I play regular in my driver, and stiff in everything else.

yeah, they say you should use the whippiest shaft in your driver that you can handle. i just couldnt hit a consistent ball with a reg flex shaft in my driver

yeah, they say you should use the whippiest shaft in your driver that you can handle. i just couldnt hit a consistent ball with a reg flex shaft in my driver

Yeah, I hit my stiff R5 Dual TP a little more accurate then my current Tour Burner regular...I was just sick of not getting even close to as much distance as I could. I'm still pretty accurate though.

I simply can't hit with regular flex fwy woods...like...I'll whiff.

Well actually, I had to do that first because she didn't want to use it! You gotta show these women what's what! LOL

That sucks that you like all those new clubs. I was hoping you wouldn't and then offer you double what you spent on them. :smile-big: Well atleast that Evolver driver. Let us know how that first round goes with them.

Nickent does make a 5- and 6-Hybrid in the 4DX series (actually, they make the same in the 3DX RC series, 3 thru 6 Hybrids). That is tempting, because I KNOW I can hit the hybrids better, and I'd still have the 7-PW in the irons for closer in and greenside.

Nickent does make a 5- and 6-Hybrid in the 4DX series (actually, they make the same in the 3DX RC series, 3 thru 6 Hybrids). That is tempting, because I KNOW I can hit the hybrids better, and I'd still have the 7-PW in the irons for closer in and greenside.

That's what I play--hybrids through 6. For some reason, I could never hit a 6i for diddly, but I'm fine with my 7. So the 6 was the first hybrid I bought. (Cobra hybrids go through 7 for women, but I thought that was a bit ridiculous.)

Hey Smalls I Play 3 thru PW all hybrid Irons the Tour Edge Bazooka Ironwoods are working out great I hit a 108 yesterday and almost beat my fiancee she had a 106 did beat her on the back 9 by 4 49 to 53 the clubs are fitted to me that is making a big difference.

Back