MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal is official: The San Francisco Giants acquired Philadelphia Phillies OF Hunter Pence for C Tommy Joseph, OF Nate Schierholtz and P Seth Rosin.

According to Jayson Stark Phillies have halted all trade talks for Cliff Lee.

good i don't wanna lose cliff. i'm not complaining about the trades they did what they thought was best for the team. injuries and age just killed this team. but hey thats baseball they did what they could in the window they had to try to win a championship. no complaints here and i doubt they will be rebuilding for to long.

Rangers are going hard for starting pitching. Lee,Shields, Burton (MN).

That's not bad for Pence overall then. Schierholtz is a solid OF and Joseph could replace Chooch if they don't re-sign him

If the Rangers offer up 3B prospect Olt and have the Phils take on some of Lee's salary I think Lee will be gone too....

Deal is official: The San Francisco Giants acquired Philadelphia Phillies OF Hunter Pence for C Tommy Joseph, OF Nate Schierholtz and P Seth Rosin.

According to Jayson Stark Phillies have halted all trade talks for Cliff Lee.

I think the Rangers need to make a deal for Lee or Shields, but I'm not sure it is going to happen. They seem to be very high on Olt, but bottom line Lee is a stud and a competitor. I think he could help out anyone and I really like the way he throws the ball

That's not bad for Pence overall then. Schierholtz is a solid OF and Joseph could replace Chooch if they don't re-sign him

If the Rangers offer up 3B prospect Olt and have the Phils take on some of Lee's salary I think Lee will be gone too....
I'm all for trading cliff if Olt is in the deal.

Shockingly enough, the Rangers are in on Ryan Dempster now also. Gotta think its a good thing for the Cubs if the Dodgers, Yankees, and Rangers are all bidding for his services.

Shockingly enough, the Rangers are in on Ryan Dempster now also. Gotta think its a good thing for the Cubs if the Dodgers, Yankees, and Rangers are all bidding for his services.

I think that garza will bring a nice haul for the cubbies wherever he goes. If him and dempster leave plus soto and Johnson and possibly soriano you will see a lot of new faces in Chicago

Denard Span declined a trade to the Reds. Hmmmm

The Cardinals get reliever Edward Mujica from the Marlins for AAA 3rd Baseman Zach Cox.

Not really upset about this, we have a guy named David Freese who has the position locked down for the foreseeable future and Cox has had plenty of time to prove himself and just never hit, even at the minor league level. If Mujica can help the bulpen then this will be a nice pickup

Podsednik and Albers from Boston to Arizona for RP Craig Breslow.

For the love of God. The Texas Rangers have acquired Ryan Dempster for an undisclosed package.

They got him for two Single A players, pitcher and 3rd baseman... 3rd baseman is in the top 100 baseball prospects.

Really like this move for the Rangers, Dempster can flat out compete and he is now out of the NL Central :)

now I'm ticked at Dempster...his list was Dodgers then Braves, declined a trade to the Braves, then went to the Rangers? wth man?

I'm glad we got a couple bats in the Braves lineup now. Johnson should be a good player to come off the bench and to serve as a sub. I'm really liking our chances, we just have to have some good luck and some hitting down the stretch.

now I'm ticked at Dempster...his list was Dodgers then Braves, declined a trade to the Braves, then went to the Rangers? wth man?

I'm glad we got a couple bats in the Braves lineup now. Johnson should be a good player to come off the bench and to serve as a sub. I'm really liking our chances, we just have to have some good luck and some hitting down the stretch.

I read that dodgers were the top with braves Yankees and rangers in there also. I think he really wanted the dodgers but they wouldn't give up Zach Lee

yeah, those were his first two choices, and after he kinda scoffed at going to the Braves when they offered, Wren apparently didnt like the reaction, and they didn't want to get him anymore.

I am relieved he didn't go to the Braves. His career stays are average at best, and he would more than likely being a 3 month rental anyway.

I am relieved he didn't go to the Braves. His career stays are average at best, and he would more than likely being a 3 month rental anyway.

About time you popped in here. I've been waiting all day

Ya he is a 3 month rental but he is having an unbelievable season this year.. I think any team would be lucky to have him. I wish the Cardinals could have gotten him, but realize they didn't want to deal within the Central

About time you popped in here. I've been waiting all day

LOL, sorry dude. Also of note, I am not impressed with our signings at all from yesterday. Just looks like we made a deal to make a deal, fortunately we didn't have to deal too much for it.

LOL, sorry dude. Also of note, I am not impressed with our signings at all from yesterday. Just looks like we made a deal to make a deal, fortunately we didn't have to deal too much for it.

Really? It's not the best group of guys out there but I thought for what they gave up they ended up getting some pretty good pieces to fill some needs. Johnson isn't the best right handed PH in the world but he's very good and destroys lefties and can play any outfield position. What's his face is a decent pitcher with a lifetime 3.5 ERA or so. I think he's pretty good insurance.

I wasn't a fan of either of the guys we gave up so I didn't mind it much at all. I'm just glad we didn't go all in on Dempster and give up a big AAA piece

James Shields doing his best to make us Rays fans glad we didn't trade him. He just threw a dominating shutout. 9 innings, 98 pitches, 3 hits, no walks, 11 K's. We used the full bullpen last night in the 15 inning marathon. It was nice to give them a break.

Guess Pence and Shane were the real problems with this team. Get rid of them and go out and get an 8-0 vs the Nats and Strasburg. 6x NL East champs here we come!!!

So wrong, but so funny:
"RT @Deadspin: Yankees' Facebook page hacked, announces Derek Jeter will miss rest of season due to sex change"

This a half rant/half MLB Post: The freaking Reds wont lose.. Impossible to make up ground for the Cardinals when the Reds never lose. Hopefully the Pirates and Reds beat up on each other this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back