2012 Morgan Cup Champions & Celebration

Congrats Team Hackers. Looks like it was a great time had by all. I cant wait to see all the coverage.

A long day on the road and just got back home and had a chance to rewatch the celebration video and see the surprise announcement.

First of all, congrats to Chunkylover and Team Hackers for your victory! Well-earned from start to finish and my hats off to you and your teammates.

Like JB has said earlier, everyone is a winner, just one gets to hoist that beautiful cup.

Looking forward to seeing Hackers come back and defend their title. What a fantastic twist.

I'm exhausted!

Tappin from my iPad

Kelly, I do hope that you'll be back next year...

I think I'm more happy for Team Hackers being able to come back then there actually being a 2013 morgan cup; if that makes any sense!

Congrats to everyone out there from the volunteers to the sponsors to even each team. Can't wait to see every video!!!

Well the weekend is over and I’m home and exhausted. I am so proud to have been a part of the Morgan Cup 2.0. It was a long and sometimes tiring buildup that ended as the greatest weekend of my life. I’m so proud of every single Morgan Cupper. Every single one of them gave their heart and soul for THP this weekend. Nothing was left.

After the final shot was struck and Tnolan sank his putt, I gave him a hug and told him he had just won the Morgan Cup. It was such an emotional moment and one I was glad to share with an amazing individual. We drove up to the clubhouse and walked upstairs. I walked in and looked at 24 exhausted winners. There were no losers this weekend. 24 incredible guys battled it out over 2 days and THP was better for it. Simple as that. All the trash talk was done. The golf was played. I now have lifelong friends and memories.

Every single MC’er played some fantastic golf. I can’t wait to see the videos because every match I was in was epic with so many twists and turns. I was stunned at how well everyone played. Every single match had some shots that were literally inches from going in the cup. It was crazy. One person would hit a great shot and the other team would respond with a better one. It was clutch golf at its finest. And throughout it all, I have never laughed more on the golf course. Once the match was under way, I was simply playing a round of golf with friends.

It cannot be said enough. The true heroes of the weekend were the incredible volunteers and families that came down and gave their time to make this event shine. They were up and working early in the morning and the heat was brutal. All of you were amazing and the Morgan Cup could not be successful without all of you.

I don’t have time to write down all my thoughts and sometime over the next few days I will get them all out. I do have to say once again, thank you to Josh and Morgan. Simply put, you are 2 of the best people I have ever met. I am grateful that I can call you both friends. You have both given me much more than I can every pay back and you just keep giving lol. It will be an honor to captain Team Hackers in 2013. We will work harder to try and make the next Morgan Cup even better than this one. It will be a tough feat!

well said, brother. you did the cup and the entire event proud. welcome to the club!

Tappin from my iPad

Well the weekend is over and I’m home and exhausted. I am so proud to have been a part of the Morgan Cup 2.0. It was a long and sometimes tiring buildup that ended as the greatest weekend of my life. I’m so proud of every single Morgan Cupper. Every single one of them gave their heart and soul for THP this weekend. Nothing was left.

After the final shot was struck and Tnolan sank his putt, I gave him a hug and told him he had just won the Morgan Cup. It was such an emotional moment and one I was glad to share with an amazing individual. We drove up to the clubhouse and walked upstairs. I walked in and looked at 24 exhausted winners. There were no losers this weekend. 24 incredible guys battled it out over 2 days and THP was better for it. Simple as that. All the trash talk was done. The golf was played. I now have lifelong friends and memories.

Every single MC’er played some fantastic golf. I can’t wait to see the videos because every match I was in was epic with so many twists and turns. I was stunned at how well everyone played. Every single match had some shots that were literally inches from going in the cup. It was crazy. One person would hit a great shot and the other team would respond with a better one. It was clutch golf at its finest. And throughout it all, I have never laughed more on the golf course. Once the match was under way, I was simply playing a round of golf with friends.

It cannot be said enough. The true heroes of the weekend were the incredible volunteers and families that came down and gave their time to make this event shine. They were up and working early in the morning and the heat was brutal. All of you were amazing and the Morgan Cup could not be successful without all of you.

I don’t have time to write down all my thoughts and sometime over the next few days I will get them all out. I do have to say once again, thank you to Josh and Morgan. Simply put, you are 2 of the best people I have ever met. I am grateful that I can call you both friends. You have both given me much more than I can every pay back and you just keep giving lol. It will be an honor to captain Team Hackers in 2013. We will work harder to try and make the next Morgan Cup even better than this one. It will be a tough feat!
Well said buddy. You are a great ambassador for THP and a great captain.

Congrats to Captain Chunky and Team Hackers for an incredible win! :clapp: I'm proud of each and everyone of you guys and it's cool you get to come back and defend next season :blob:. For Team Paradise & Team Staffers, congrats to you guys for putting in many hours of work, sweat, and being true sportsmen. Everyone of you should be proud and you certainly gave your all in the spirit of competition. The videos showing how this thing went down is peaking everyone's interest!!!

Well done everyone involved in this and a huge congratulations to Chunky and team Hackers!!! Great job fellas and good luck defending next year. Can't wait to watch the footage.

I posted this a while back because it's what I thought the Morgan Cup would be... And I'm posting it again because you all showed me that it was...

The Morgan Cup

Throughout history, many a man has vied for the honor of a beautiful woman.
In this year's Morgan Cup, it will be no different.
Twenty-four will take the field.
Many will fall despite fighting valiantly in battle.
A few will stand in victory,
Their armor scarred and torn, their weapons still heated from the fight.

It is then the great lady herself will hold out the precious prize.
The victors will raise it high with much pride and fame.
There will be laughter and much ale will flow as the winners bask in glory.
But as they raise the ultimate prize, look closely... Pay attention.
For reflected in its silvery form are the faces of all who came.

For all that participated - the players, the volunteers, the OEMs, the families and last but not least, JB and Morgan.

Last edited:
Since this is in the Equipment Forum... is it ok to ask if any among all the great pieces of gear stood out? Any shoutout to the OEMs?

Congrats to everyone. Looks like a good time was had by all. Very cool event. Kind of every duffer's dream.

Since this is in the Equipment Forum... is it ok to ask if any among all the great pieces of gear stood out? Any shoutout to the OEMs?

I jarred a 30 yard pitch shot with my 54* Callaway Dark Chrome wedge for my only birdie of the event. Didn't even see it, but I heard it! But this should probably go in another thread. This one is more for the champions.

Watching the Hackers celebrate their win made us all hungry for the same feeling.

I jarred a 30 yard pitch shot with my 54* Callaway Dark Chrome wedge for my only birdie of the event. Didn't even see it, but I heard it! But this should probably go in another thread. This one is more for the champions.

Watching the Hackers celebrate their win made us all hungry for the same feeling.

You will get your chance next year Smalls! The staffers will return too I suppose, so maybe better luck next year :thumb:

Congrats to all of Team Hackers. Very cool that you will get to defend next year. Enjoy your victory as there is a lot of members hoping on taking the cup from you in 2013!

Nice. Glad to see this continue on. Awesome event.

Truly awesome guys. What a great place here. Congrats Team Hackers! Can't wait for the coverage and MC3! <---that sounds goood.

Congrats Team Hackers! What an awesome celebration!

Sounds amazing; congrats team hackers!

Chunky you da man.

One-t doesn't know how to lose

Sounds amazing; congrats team hackers!

Chunky you da man.

One-t doesn't know how to lose

CG13 its funny but I was thinking of you when the champagne was getting in my eyes

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

CG13 its funny but I was thinking of you when the champagne was getting in my eyes

I knew youd win it when they named you captain. Hackers for life lol

Burns don't it, just chug hah

You will get your chance next year Smalls! The staffers will return too I suppose, so maybe better luck next year :thumb:

That has never been brought up. I hope you're right because it raises your game to a new level. But I'm not counting on it.

I know this might not be answerable, but what were the places of Team Paradise and Team THP? Who got 2nd and 3rd?

Something I predicted going into this....just had a feeling about Tclutch!! Congrats Hackers...and to the rest of the players. Job well done.

Bad news for me.. JB could have still beat TNolan... I sure hope so..

Hearing the winners (all 24 of them) chime in is amazing. I feel weird for being so proud of all the competitors without seeing a single hole being played and only meeting 1 of the 24 but you can just hear it in what they type. This is the greatest amateur event I have ever been proud enough to say I was a part of!

I know this might not be answerable, but what were the places of Team Paradise and Team THP? Who got 2nd and 3rd?

It was a tie. Team hackers won with 13 points and THP and TP had 11 points. I think. It was close apparently. It was really hard to keep up with to be honest, especially on Sunday.

Back