Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interested to hear your thoughts Wake. Just got my R11s head today and about to put it through a big shaft test

What are the contestants?

Neither really. Just different. It was sweet with that Ozik shaft though. I thought the Fit 3wood was no bueno off the deck.

Oh yeah? Where did Kmac get a Fit?

I was at Golfsmith picking up my Black. But I have a Fit too after they went on sale.

Interesting. I struggle with seeing how different FWs are harder to hit off the deck than others. Don't you hit the ball first? Maybe one with a deeper face would be tough, I could see that.

I don't understand. Of course I hit ball first off the deck but some FW's have completely different sole designs and COG's than others. The Fit 3wood was amazing off the tee and not so amazing off the turf. It has a shallower face than the F3 and the Razr Black 3wood and I saw some dudes ripping that Razr Black off the turf. I saw the same thing out of the Razr Hawk 3wood last year....awesome off the tee and not so awesome off the turf.

What are the contestants?

I went with some cheaper options for now with the basic characteristics I'm looking for. NV 65, UST Proforce V2 65, and Axivcore Green. I liked the RIP'd NV 65 in it at the MATT center but wanted to try some others. I want to try a Miyazaki black at some point and a Whiteboard too.

I was at Golfsmith picking up my Black. But I have a Fit too after they went on sale.

LOL, wtt dude? What are you going to do with all those big sticks? It's a damn good driver. I saw a lot of guys pounding that thing this weekend. What was going on with the Black driver?

LOL, wtt dude? What are you going to do with all those big sticks? It's a damn good driver. I saw a lot of guys pounding that thing this weekend. What was going on with the Black driver?

KMac is going to forge them all together and form a superdriver

I agree. Though I haven't done much fairway wood testing I have never found one I like more than the FL. They all look similar, but something about this one was just right.
I don't understand. Of course I hit ball first off the deck but some FW's have completely different sole designs and COG's than others. The Fit 3wood was amazing off the tee and not so amazing off the turf. It has a shallower face than the F3 and the Razr Black 3wood and I saw some dudes ripping that Razr Black off the turf. I saw the same thing out of the Razr Hawk 3wood last year....awesome off the tee and not so awesome off the turf.

You should read the forum more hahahah I traded in the F3 and Classic for a Fit TA.

You should read the forum more hahahah I traded in the F3 and Classic for a Fit TA.

I missed that one too. Pretty cool though.

Good trade. Sorry dude, just not much time for THP'ing over the past few days.

It's going to be fun watching the Fit/Fast 12 battle for a spot in your bag.

So disappointed in you for offing all your Cleveland swag.

Good trade. Sorry dude, just not much time for THP'ing over the past few days.

It's going to be fun watching the Fit/Fast 12 battle for a spot in your bag.

I was ripping the Fast 12 in Golfsmith. Again. That driver just works for me and I'm not even sure why.

So disappointed in you for offing all your Cleveland swag.

Not all. I still have the F5 in the bag.

I found a used SeeMore Si2 for $65. My putting has substantially regressed, going from a perceived strength to definite weakness. So I'm in full ponder mode. I watched some of the videos and tried some of the techniques last night and man did it feel weird (currently am left hand low). Not sure if I should change my entire stroke or just put in time on the practice green. Also, I did a search and didn't see much of anything on this model, which is a couple of seasons old. Does anyone have experience with it?

Pondering which driver to try the PX Black that I just bought from GoalieDave in. I'm leaning towards the CG Black since the Classic is my current gamer. I think a low spin shaft with that head combo could be dangerous. Worth a shot anyways.

I found a used SeeMore Si2 for $65. My putting has substantially regressed, going from a perceived strength to definite weakness. So I'm in full ponder mode. I watched some of the videos and tried some of the techniques last night and man did it feel weird (currently am left hand low). Not sure if I should change my entire stroke or just put in time on the practice green. Also, I did a search and didn't see much of anything on this model, which is a couple of seasons old. Does anyone have experience with it?

There is an ENTIRE review thread on the Si series stickied at the top of the putter section from last year and it has some INCREDIBLE info.

Also, if you look in the mSeries review currently going on Tadashi is testing and is actually a left hand low guy still using the SPi methodology, just not the grip. Great info for you possible in there in his post, certainly worth a look.

There is an ENTIRE review thread on the Si series stickied at the top of the putter section from last year and it has some INCREDIBLE info.

Also, if you look in the mSeries review currently going on Tadashi is testing and is actually a left hand low guy still using the SPi methodology, just not the grip. Great info for you possible in there in his post, certainly worth a look.
Thanks alot, really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Perhaps the only thing worse than my putting is my inability to use the search feature properly :)

Off the forums for a few days with the MC and then at a work conference...I think you have gone through 3 drivers since I last caught up on this thread.

Awesome!

Thanks alot, really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Perhaps the only thing worse than my putting is my inability to use the search feature properly :)

No worries dude. Check out the putter section, both threads can be found in there!

Off the forums for a few days with the MC and then at a work conference...I think you have gone through 3 drivers since I last caught up on this thread.

Awesome!

Kmac is legend of absolute ho'ism. I tried to keep up this past week and I think I failed miserably. I should have known better.

No worries dude. Check out the putter section, both threads can be found in there!

Kmac is legend of absolute ho'ism. I tried to keep up this past week and I think I failed miserably. I should have known better.

I'm jonesing for some new equipment. Need to get something soon, just need to figure out what!

I am hardcore pondering a Mashie F3. I think I am set with the superfast 2.0 tp 5 wood, but who knows, the way TC and others are talking about the F5 may have me changing my mind.. I am going to hit them this weekend regardless

I am hardcore pondering a Mashie F3. I think I am set with the superfast 2.0 tp 5 wood, but who knows, the way TC and others are talking about the F5 may have me changing my mind.. I am going to hit them this weekend regardless

Go hit them, you'll come away impressed. I was the same way and after I finally took the plunge it blew my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back