What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the Aura shafts is high launch.

Went to my normal track(River Oaks) and because I am cheap(broke) I walked the front,without warming up. I shot a 54. Driver wasn't working at all. Losing balls couldn't get the putter going. Maybe I was playing too fast, yeah that's it! I felt warmed up, plus my wife wasn't trippin about me playing. I decided to ride the back because it's LONG way between holes on the back. I.E, between 16 and 17 is over 100 yards uphill! Needless to say I starting heating up the driver was still shaky but I could find the ball in the rough and make and nice iron approach. I was VERY confident standing over those iron shots. Going into 18 I was +6 and ended up +9 for a 46. Shot 100, I'm okay with that knowing that I HAVE to warm up before I play and take my time and line up my shots. I'll be back out there tomorrow.

67 on the par 3 course(par 54)under the lights, I had 3 5's and 1 six on the card after I bladed 4 wedges, one of which was OB. 80 to 90 yard holes and I must have bladed them 150 yards. Outside of that it was pretty good, and I finished strong and was 1 shot from winning the money. Big fire down here in Myrtle Beach when we arrived, smoke is lingering everywhere.

Played 18 holes this morning at my club.
40 on the front with a double on a par 5 number 2.
Then 39 on the back with 8 pars a a triple.

99 today on the same track. I'm having a hard time playing the various lies that I get during the round. I am going to make myself some kind of cheat sheet for the ones that happen frequently. I lost 6 balls and went OB 3 times. 34 total putts. I didn't mishit too much today. The rest of the iron shots that missed the mark were alignment(i've got to that out too). Least i broke 100(barely)

I shot a 103 at TPC today. 38 putts, the greens sucked today, it seems like they just seeded them so they were super slow.

Shot a 95 today at Aberdeen Country Club, couldn't chip or putt and the greens were some of the fastest I have played in a long time, they had the pins in some tough spots.

The wind changed direction around the 8th hole and smoke and ash from the fires here in Myrtle Beach got pretty heavy, and we were playing about 10 miles north of the fires. Our cars were covered with ash this morning!

Played today with RocketSauce and he was playing great on the front. He shot 40 on the front while I could not hit a tee shot and put up a 44. The back 9 came and he shot 42 with a triple on the 17th, but was still hitting the ball really well. I put the driver back in the bag and just used my TM R9 3 wood and was even after 5 holes. Then I 3 putted for bogey on a par 3, but got it right back with a birdie on the next hole. So with 2 holes to go I was even par on the back. On 17 I missed a 9 footer for birdie. So on the 18th par gave me a 36. I hit a good tee shot and was 147 out and hit a really good 8 iron that looked about 10 feet just short of the flag. Nailed the putt and shot 35 on the back.

The craziest sub 80 round I have ever had. I had never broken 36 on the back nine at my club either. All this and I was using irons I have never used on the course before. Only 2 range sessions with them.

Played today with RocketSauce and he was playing great on the front. He shot 40 on the front while I could not hit a tee shot and put up a 44. The back 9 came and he shot 42 with a triple on the 17th, but was still hitting the ball really well. I put the driver back in the bag and just used my TM R9 3 wood and was even after 5 holes. Then I 3 putted for bogey on a par 3, but got it right back with a birdie on the next hole. So with 2 holes to go I was even par on the back. On 17 I missed a 9 footer for birdie. So on the 18th par gave me a 36. I hit a good tee shot and was 147 out and hit a really good 8 iron that looked about 10 feet just short of the flag. Nailed the putt and shot 35 on the back.

The craziest sub 80 round I have ever had. I had never broken 36 on the back nine at my club either. All this and I was using irons I have never used on the course before. Only 2 range sessions with them.

Great job JB, that has to be a relief to know you can still break 80. :D Last few rounds I've seen from you here seems like you are having a bit of trouble.

played with JB this morning and shot 40 on the front and 42 on the back with a triple on #17 (ouch!) for an 82. JB was striping that R9 3 wood all morning long. i had JB by 4 shots going into #9 then he put his game into overdrive and cruised to a 35 on the back and beat me by 3 shots. i hit the ball fairly well all day but a couple penalty strokes really cost me. i hate hole #17, lol

Shot an 88 today at Black Bear, chipping and putting came around a little bit, double bogeyed the last two holes but our team won the money by 5 shots so that was nice!!

Very nice CMac.

64 thru 14 holes. Played twilight, so couldn't finish.

Pretty good for me considering I played the tips for the first time ever, I am sick and kind of weak, and used a driver on EVERY non-par 3 that I'm not used to yet. Pretty solid 3/4 round.

Played 36 today with Birdsboro. We went to a course in Philly. Great layout but unfortunately they dont spend enough time on maintenance. Still a really fun course to play. I shot a 95 despite the horrendous conditions of the greens. Then we made the trek to west chester for another round at Broad Run. Stellar course with fabulous course conditions. Major traffic jams on the course and we struggled to finish before dark. overall a GREAT day...especially considering the stressful week I have had.

Very nice CMac.

Thanks JB, you know when I come down here I always hope to shoot the same scores I shoot at courses back home. Of course that is asking a lot because most of these courses I have never played before down here, but we just end up having a great time so score is mostly irrelavant(well, except for the money aspect of it). I am so thankful I can come down here and enjoy 5 rounds with 7 of my good friends!!

Blew up and shot a 101 today at Heather Glenn, by far the toughest course we have played this week. Had an 8 on the par 4 tenth and a 10 on the par 5 eighteenth.

Edit: my 8 probably would have been worse because we maxed out at double par, and I picked up at that point, the ten was earned, sadly....

Blew up and shot a 101 today at Heather Glenn, by far the toughest course we have played this week. Had an 8 on the par 4 tenth and a 10 on the par 5 eighteenth.

Edit: my 8 probably would have been worse because we maxed out at double par, and I picked up at that point, the ten was earned, sadly....

How did you like Heather Glen? We've often tried to add it to our trip, but we've never been able to work it out.

Hope you guys are staying safe!

79 today at Providence Golf Club here in Richmond (one of my home courses). Very pleased, especially since I stood on the 18th tee knowing I had to birdie it to break 80.

On the glass-is-half-empty side, I had two three putts and I double-bogeyed a 280 yard par 4 after being in the middle of the fairway. But three birdies can make anything feel better.

Shot 96. Very disappointed with myself. Couldn't get a tee shot, and my irons weren't working with me. Putter came through though for the most part. Even if everything was working perfectly for me, I doubt it would have made much of a difference, that course I play on is real tough. The greens are pretty small and some are strangely shaped (one of them is peanut shaped), and at the same time they are all very hard greens, but yet somewhat slow when you putt on them. I have had very few iron shots stay on any of these greens. Its ridiculous. I hit a 7 iron onto a green, then proceeded to watch the ball bounce at least 5 or 6 feet into the air, and then roll off the back and into a sand trap. It went this way for most of the day.

How did you like Heather Glen? We've often tried to add it to our trip, but we've never been able to work it out.

Hope you guys are staying safe!

The course was incredible!! In wonderful shape and extremely challenging. Some of the holes were masterpieces carved out of the earth. I took 2 or 3 pics of each course and plan on doing course reviews once I get back home in a few days.

Bad today I was putting like the old Adam

Par 72/87
31 putts (lame)
13 GIR
16 FWY's hit

...if I would have got the putting online....if....if....big if.....

Wait, how did you get an 87 with 31 putts, and with that many GIR? Something doesn't add up to me. (seems like it should be 84-ish)

Wait, how did you get an 87 with 31 putts, and with that many GIR? Something doesn't add up to me. (seems like it should be 84-ish)

Floppy, it's easy when you hit a par 5 in 2 and then 4 putt. I also decided to hit one of my drives in the ocean today. So there yah go. Trust me if I was gonna lie it'd be in the other direction lol.

Floppy, it's easy when you hit a par 5 in 2 and then 4 putt. I also decided to hit one of my drives in the ocean today. So there yah go.

Oh alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back