Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new neighbor, who BTW hasn't even moved in yet, finally got around to mowing his dandelion infested yard. Which I'm happy about but why in the hell would he blow his clippings over into my yard? My wife thinks I'm being rediculous. I had a talk with the neighbor on the other side and he finally quit doing it. Am I being an idiot or is it common courtesy to keep your grass clippings in your own yard. For some reason it really pisses me off.

I mulch my grass so I don't do that to my neighbors. I would thionk the neighbor should make his last few cuts which are up against your yard blow into his yard.

I have the same problem with them blowing their grass into the street. I don't know why, but it bothers me!

Have you figured it out yet?

I've been using Thunderbird and Gmail for years without a problem. POP is enabled. I checked and the outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com.

I haven't messed with my Thunderbird account settings recently . . .

Grrrrr.

Nope, it just wouldn't send yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's working right now though. I just use:

IMAP MAIL SERVER
imap.gmail.com Port: 993
Security: SSL

and smtp.gmail.com for outgoing.

I mulch my grass so I don't do that to my neighbors. I would thionk the neighbor should make his last few cuts which are up against your yard blow into his yard.

I have the same problem with them blowing their grass into the street. I don't know why, but it bothers me!

You guys have green grass? I'm so jealous.

You guys have green grass? I'm so jealous.

We have green grass, but our grass is so "hard" you can fall on it and cut yourself! YAY for FL grass!

Nope, it just wouldn't send yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's working right now though. I just use:

IMAP MAIL SERVER
imap.gmail.com Port: 993
Security: SSL

and smtp.gmail.com for outgoing.

Mine acts like it sends, people just never get the email.

I use POP instead of IMAP.

Mine acts like it sends, people just never get the email.

I use POP instead of IMAP.

Mine was doing the same. I was sending emails, and then I'd ask people "Did you get my email?" and they'd say "What email?" :(

I tried using POP, but the settings on Gmail kept defaulting back to not allowing POP, so I use IMAP.

That's what I do as well, I blow the clippings back towards my own yard. I didn't say anything to him today, next time though it's on.:bomb:

There is a jackass down the street that mows his yard in such a way that alot of his clippings end up in the street in front of his house. I want to go down there with a leaf blower and blow it back into his yard.

My new neighbor, who BTW hasn't even moved in yet, finally got around to mowing his dandelion infested yard. Which I'm happy about but why in the hell would he blow his clippings over into my yard? My wife thinks I'm being rediculous. I had a talk with the neighbor on the other side and he finally quit doing it. Am I being an idiot or is it common courtesy to keep your grass clippings in your own yard. For some reason it really pisses me off.

I agree it is rude. Not only that but I try to keep my lawn weed free and do not want dandelion clippings blown into my yard. Just last Sat I sprayed the neighbors yard with Ortho weed and crabgrass killer while they were gone.

Mine was doing the same. I was sending emails, and then I'd ask people "Did you get my email?" and they'd say "What email?" :(

I tried using POP, but the settings on Gmail kept defaulting back to not allowing POP, so I use IMAP.

I think I figured it out.

For some reason, the outgoing smtp port must now be set to 587.

LOL, how did you figure that out? Google? Random stab?

Combination of a few things. But everything seems to be working now.

I was gonna get caught up at work today. Then my favorite client called to tell me he'd just closed his latest deal. My part of the aftermath will take me two weeks to get under control. I love the guy and would do anything for him, but I've just been so slammed.

It's seriously cutting into my THP time!

Rats--I just realized the deadline for the NPR Sunday puzzle was this afternoon, and Will Shortz didn't call. Again.

Harry and Flop, so sorry I missed your interesting discussion about the email troubles earlier. In case the problem reappears, a few suggestions. Did you try connecting the zero slip sums with the web transport hub string? That's a sure recipe for port confusion. Let me add that I also often find the binary bump string 101110010011 to be rather useful in these situations. Finally, consider stacking the H1A53E and F12DD16 hex address ports. That always works for me when dealing with gmail and thunderbird problems. Good luck! :good:

Harry and Flop, so sorry I missed your interesting discussion about the email troubles earlier. In case the problem reappears, a few suggestions. Did you try connecting the zero slip sums with the web transport hub string? That's a sure recipe for port confusion. Let me add that I also often find the binary bump string 101110010011 to be rather useful in these situations. Finally, consider stacking the H1A53E and F12DD16 hex address ports. That always works for me when dealing with gmail and thunderbird problems. Good luck! :good:

Uhmmmm......uhhhhhhh......errrrrrrrrr.......ehhhhh.....

Your so primitive WSE, everyone knows that is way outdated now.

Are my eyeballs supposed to start bleeding when reading posts here?

Of course, it is always something simple

Are my eyeballs supposed to start bleeding when reading posts here?

He he.

210304_f520.jpg

I just stared at that for 30 secs and its not spinning.

Is it one of those kind of illusions?

No. It's a test. If you stare at it for 30 seconds and it doesn't look like it's spinning, it means you have exceptionally tiny genitalia.

No. It's a test. If you stare at it for 30 seconds and it doesn't look like it's spinning, it means you have exceptionally tiny genitalia.

Shoulda seen that one coming :D

If you know its a genitalia test you've taken it, and I don't think you saw it spin either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back