My Nickent experience

I agree paul. Well said.

You can, but it is not just about being a draw driver in the FTiq. It works very well to get people on the right path due to setup.

True. Good point.

Also consider that the shaft in the FTi-Q is at about $299 retail alone. I'm sure that factors in.

Also consider that the shaft in the FTi-Q is at about $299 retail alone. I'm sure that factors in.

I don't see how a $300 stock shaft is necessary for a club that is for, the most part, lesser skilled golfers. Not saying good players don't use the FTiq, but it's for people who have trouble with off-center shots.

I don't see how a $300 stock shaft is necessary for a club that is for, the most part, lesser skilled golfers. Not saying good players don't use the FTiq, but it's for people who have trouble with off-center shots.

While the driver is a great tool for that purpose, I'd disagree with that claim as a generality. Furthermore your in the minority if you don't want companies using high end shafts in stock selections, this has been a request/complaint of many golfers for years. I can say only recently would I consider using a stock Driver shaft and not an after market or upcharge shaft.

While the driver is a great tool for that purpose, I'd disagree with that claim as a generality. Furthermore your in the minority if you don't want companies using high end shafts in stock selections, this has been a request/complaint of many golfers for years. I can say only recently would I consider using a stock Driver shaft and not an after market or upcharge shaft.

I'm all for using high-end shafts in drivers, but for a non-players club? I understand a high-end STOCK shaft in the FT-9, Dymo, R9, etc. (players clubs), but a club designed for the lower-skilled player? (again, not being stereotypical here, just saying that it is mostly geared towards them, good players still play this club.)

I think people for the most part get caught up in prices of shafts and using that to dictate whether or not it is good or not. You want a shaft that marries the head with the grip perfectly. And more importantly you want a shaft that works for you. For me, the $75 (or less) GD Aura Red works better than any shaft on the market. It is different for every person and people get caught up in how much a shaft costs to dictate if it is good or not.

and one of my favorite shafts of all time was the stock Fujikura 586 shaft that came on my Callaway FT-i

I think people for the most part get caught up in prices of shafts and using that to dictate whether or not it is good or not. You want a shaft that marries the head with the grip perfectly. And more importantly you want a shaft that works for you. For me, the $75 (or less) GD Aura Red works better than any shaft on the market. It is different for every person and people get caught up in how much a shaft costs to dictate if it is good or not.

I agree but that's not what I said. I said that the price of the shaft does account for some of a Drivers price, especially when it is a shaft from an outside manufacturer.

I wasnt directing that at you AJ. Just a general rule.

I'm all for using high-end shafts in drivers, but for a non-players club? I understand a high-end STOCK shaft in the FT-9, Dymo, R9, etc. (players clubs), but a club designed for the lower-skilled player? (again, not being stereotypical here, just saying that it is mostly geared towards them, good players still play this club.)

Floppy this isn't the only Driver offered by Callaway. The multi materials in this head account for a lot of the price as well. If you want a simple all Titanium Driver that is forgiving Callaway offers the Diablo at a much more reasonable price. So I'm not sure how logical it is to be complaining over this price when they have other options out there. When it comes down to it you can vote with your dollar and not buy it but if it is worth it to someone else I don't see how that concerns me or you. That's capitalism and marketing at work and I don't have a problem with it personally. Golf is a luxury not a necessity.

I wasnt directing that at you AJ. Just a general rule.

I agree still, the V2 is still one of my all time favorite shafts.

I've spoke with Josie on a few different occasions over the past few years and she always seems willing to try and help.

back to the callaway fubuki shaft thing...
...i almost bought one just cos the shaft is so SHMEXY!!!!

But i didnt! lol

I am of the opinin that yes i want high end shafts....but proper ones...not the "made for" shafts that seem to be of a lesser standard for the most part. It equals lying to the consumer in my opinion.

I do however have to say though. Most golfers around these parts are attrocious and wouldnt feel/notice the difference even if the shaft was metal/graphite/high kick/low kick......even good ol hickory!!!

- They cant hit it properly anyway! lol

Paul,
My opinion is that 90% of the golfers out there cannot tell the difference between shafts. But like I said before, I almost find it comical that people base shaft performance on how much a shaft costs.

I can feel the difference between regular and stiff shafts. At least that puts me in the top 10 percent.:act-up:

As for kick points and torque; neither have become that relevant to my game yet.

Keith, what I meant was that you can give someone an Ozik or a V2 of the same stiffness and most golfers will not be able to tell the difference. They will feel one is different than the other, but will not be able to tell that the "Exotic" works any better. Because for most people it does not.

I have to agree for the mostpart with you JB.

Having and evolver i have been able to stick a few shafts in it. I have to admit, when i pure it i can feel very little difference/no difference between most of the shafts. However, you can tell the diffence just from results.

I bought some shafts based on my 96 mph swing........then changed the swing a little and gained 12mph from somewhere! (now 108/9). I had two regular shafts and 2 stiff flexs. Immediatly i could tell the UST v2 hi launch was not stiff enough and went from giving a high flight to a ridiculously high and ballooning flight. The Aldila VS held up better but is hit and miss on consistency. The Gramman UL440 (s flex) is awesome, and the Aldila NV does its job of lowering the flight.

Only difference i can tell from the 'feel' is the weight (50-60 grams vs 90 odd). Only the ball flight says the rest.

You can get lighter shafts and different ball flights from inexpensive shafts.

You can get lighter shafts and different ball flights from inexpensive shafts.

Definately...only paid £20 inc p&p for the aldila NV brand new and no more than £40 for the others!!

I just wanted to chime in and admit to being a Nickent ho....and it never would have happenned without great customer service from them. Josie is great in California, a little tought to get a hold of, but takes care of business is a professional manner.

Back