New Nike Prototype Wedge

crazydog

Reaction score
Handicap
I heard there is a new Nike prototype wedge on tour that everyone is switching to. Is there a new wedge other then the victory red?

I contacted Nike and here is what they said about this when I heard it "via rumors".

"Our R&D team is constantly tinkering with designs to manufacturer the best wedges on the market today. As of right now, the only wedges that are available are the VR wedges and that is not set to change anytime soon. As always we will give THP the heads up when new info and/or equipment is available. Thanks Josh"

I heard Rory Sabbatini uses and designed this wedge. He had in the bag at the masters and at the verizon heritage. I know something else connected to Rory. But hey the main thing is about a possible new wedge. Thanks JB

I'd be happy if I just got a VR wedge. Those things look niiiiice.

I heard Rory Sabbatini uses and designed this wedge. He had in the bag at the masters and at the verizon heritage. I know something else connected to Rory. But hey the main thing is about a possible new wedge. Thanks JB

You heard wrong according to TM, Nike, and the Darrel Survey.

What did the Darrell Survey say. I got this information from a guy that worked on his clubs, supposedly? What did Rory have in the bag at the Verizon. Thanks JB.

The survey shows that he played the VR 60* Black wedge.

It did not look like a black wedge. Pictures of it I have seen, it looks satin? With the Adams hybrids, odyssey putter, and nike wedges how does Rory Sabbatini have ten Taylor Made clubs in the bag? Kind of surprising Rory would have nike wedges in the bag after everything that happened with nike. thanks jb

It is the Nike Black wedge that was given to him. What he did or they did with the finish is after the fact.

I must say that following a player to the extent that some do is borderline absurd. Not calling you out or anybody else but it is the reason that the word fan is short for fanatic.

This is getting a little absurd.

Players will take production wedges and put custom grinds on them, labeling them as prototype, happens all the time. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with every custom grind on tour.

What shape of grooves does the nike vr wedge have? I do not see any black vr's for sale yet. When are they coming to retail?

It is the same wedge as the regular VR wedge just a different finish. I have to ask. Each week that Rory plays something different, what is the big deal? Are you working on getting each club he plays for the year?

I am not knocking it at all. Just trying to figure out if we are basically just going to get these questions each and every week. That way I can prepare the people at Darrell and each company. Thanks.

It is the same wedge as the regular VR wedge just a different finish. I have to ask. Each week that Rory plays something different, what is the big deal? Are you working on getting each club he plays for the year?

I am not knocking it at all. Just trying to figure out if we are basically just going to get these questions each and every week. That way I can prepare the people at Darrell and each company. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so frickin hard at that last sentence.

What shape of grooves does the nike vr wedge have? I do not see any black vr's for sale yet. When are they coming to retail?

They are not widely available yet (at least out this way) but they are at retail already. I bought one at Roger Dunn. For the VR wedge specs I would go to the Nike site, easier than us explaining it.

Nothing wrong with that crazy dog. We all have favs. I was just curious if you are trying to get each one of his clubs.

very funny he is............... Yoda is awesome! I would agree I am putting it lightly.:bulgy-eyes:

Back