Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how many of buddies really hate baseball. I dont get it.

Its funny how many of buddies really hate baseball. I dont get it.

They haven't been to enough games. To like baseball on TV, you have to have been to games.

They haven't been to enough games. To like baseball on TV, you have to have been to games.

Baseball on TV doesn't hold a candle to being there.
Then again, the last time I went to a game, (Rays/Yanks in TB in Sep 08) all I heard were gay guys chanting "GAAAABE! GROOOSSSSS! GAAAAAABE! GROOOOOSSSSSS!"

Gross didn't do so well and the Yankees were winning, and all of the "gay guys" left in the 6th inning. Loyal, eh?

I enjoy even going to Jacksonville Suns games (AA)

Oh, and my rant of the day:

Went to the orthodontist and they extended the "power chain" from my front four teeth to my front six teeth. Hurts like hell. :[

Maybe thats it, although it seems like the younger generations arent taking to it like we did when we were kids.

Maybe thats it, although it seems like the younger generations arent taking to it like we did when we were kids.

Well, as my dad said...

"I'd go with some friends, and bike to the train station, pay $0.25 for the train ticket, it takes me straight to Wrigley Field, pay a few bucks for a ticket, spend a few bucks on food...and you're only down $12."

Not possible anymore.

I enjoy even going to Jacksonville Suns games (AA)

Woohoo, you got to see all of the kids on the Dodgers now develop.

Woohoo, you got to see all of the kids on the Dodgers now develop.

Yepp...I saw Martin, Kershaw, Loney, and a few others that I can't remember. I also saw Edwin Encarnacion a few times as the visiting team.

Now the Suns are a Marlins farm-system team. :( I like the Dodgers more, because I like Torre.

..and you're only down $12."

Not possible anymore.
It is still pretty affordable in LA. You can sit in the bleachers or nose bleeds for 11 bucks and take the train or bus in for a couple of bucks. Plus Dodger stadium lets you bring your own food in.

Yepp...I saw Martin, Kershaw, Loney, and a few others that I can't remember. I also saw Edwin Encarnacion a few times as the visiting team.

Now the Suns are a Marlins farm-system team. :( I like the Dodgers more, because I like Torre.
Dont forget Broxton. The guy is finally come to be and he is a stud.

Excellent use of "n-dash" in a sentence. Brings to mind another question, however: in your writings, do you use two n-dashes to represent an m-dash, as such "--," or do you use, or allow the computer to convert to the m-dash ASCI symbol, thusly "—," instead?

Thank you! Coming from you, that's a true compliment. Truth be told, I prefer the converted m-dash. It looks cleaner.

I don't like when the computer does that but that brings up a funny story of auto correct. We had this really pretentious training officer at work so we got his password and set it up so when he typed out his name in an arrest report it would change to a multitude of profanities. I thought my SGT. was going to die from laughing while he was correcting it.

That's hysterical. It's also why you should change your password frequently! Plus, it reminds me I need to go edit my autocorrects. Out IT guy set it up so that when I type the first word of the company name, the entire name spells out. The first word isn't all that uncommon, so undoing it becomes a real pain.

Except, coming from a printing background, we called them em and en dashes.

Except, coming from a printing background, we called them em and en dashes.

I never liked that guy anyway.

060405_eminem_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

I know, I can't do it on my keyboard though. I posted it in another thread, lol. It's some crazy gaming keyboard.

Dent, I know what you mean. Happens sometimes. Maybe you'll win a prize tonight and it'll cheer ya up...heh

My rant of the day:
Got some crazy sh.t on my teeth (braces) yesterday at the orthodontist, and it hurts so bad it gave me a REALLLYYYYY bad headache, so that's why I'm home already. :(

I know, I can't do it on my keyboard though. I posted it in another thread, lol. It's some crazy gaming keyboard.

Dent, I know what you mean. Happens sometimes. Maybe you'll win a prize tonight and it'll cheer ya up...heh

My rant of the day:
Got some crazy sh.t on my teeth (braces) yesterday at the orthodontist, and it hurts so bad it gave me a REALLLYYYYY bad headache, so that's why I'm home already. :(

That would be nice. I wish my driver and my clothes were here, that would cheer me up.

That would be nice. I wish my driver and my clothes were here, that would cheer me up.

So what happened with the driver?

I just found out that my email program (Thunderbird) hasn't been working for a couple of weeks. I receive email just fine, but recipients never get my emails, even though Thunderbird shows that the email has been sent successfully.

I use gmail, and when I use the gmail web interface (instead of Thunderbird), everything works fine.

I can't figure it out!:angry::at-wits-end:

I just found out that my email program (Thunderbird) hasn't been working for a couple of weeks. I receive email just fine, but recipients never get my emails, even though Thunderbird shows that the email has been sent successfully.

I use gmail, and when I use the gmail web interface (instead of Thunderbird), everything works fine.

Wow...that sucks!

Happened to me yesterday...EXACT same thing. Gmail, Thunderbird.

Happened to me yesterday...EXACT same thing. Gmail, Thunderbird.

Have you figured it out yet?

I've been using Thunderbird and Gmail for years without a problem. POP is enabled. I checked and the outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com.

I haven't messed with my Thunderbird account settings recently . . .

Grrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back