My Nickent experience

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I just wanted to say that I had a great experience with Nickent Customer Service yesterday.

I won the 9° Evolver in the Charity Raffle and while stoked that I won it, am leery about the loft. My current driver is a 12.5° and I had never been able to hit a 10.5 ° decent before, let alone a 9°. So I emailed Josie Martinez yesterday about swapping out clubs at 4:00 and had a reply from her at 4:16 telling me to call her and talk to her about my issue. She was all set to give me an RMA number until I told her one, I was driving, and two, I hadn't received the driver yet. So she said that as soon as I get it, to call her back, get the RMA number and send just the clubhead back (will help save on shipping charges) and she'd send out the loft I want (they have a 10.5 and a 12 degree choice). I am meeting Mo_Hacker tomorrow to try his 10.5° Evolver out to see if I can hit it or whether I should go with the 12.

I also asked about the new hosel they are coming out with. She said it will be available next week and that she would put one in with whichever clubhead I decide to get! I will ask for extras so I can send them to JB so he can get them to other forum members who play this club. From my experience with them yesterday, I have a feeling that will not be a problem.

Last edited:
That is great to hear Smalls.

very cool Smalls. Nickent seems like a great company. i hope they stick around for a looooong time

Me too RS. Not sure if it will happen, but we can hope!

More props for Nickent, I'm with you guys in hoping they make it through the economic problems that are plaguing everyone these days.

More props for Nickent, I'm with you guys in hoping they make it through the economic problems that are plaguing everyone these days.

yeah, the clubs they make are to good to not make it imo. they make some quality stuffffff!

he mo,

i agree ... i sure don't want to see the golf industry wind up as "the big 3":

• titleist
  • callaway
  • taylormade

he mo,

i agree ... i sure don't want to see the golf industry wind up as "the big 3":

• titleist
  • callaway
  • taylormade

Cleveland
Nike
Ping

I assure you it will NOT be Callaway right now. They are NOT DOING WELL!!!!

I assure you it will NOT be Callaway right now. They are NOT DOING WELL!!!!

Maybe if they'd stop overpricing their average irons(IMO), and making their drivers $100-$200 more than equivelent drivers...

It probably has more to do with the fact that Callaway is a golf-only company in a bad economy. Titleist (Fortune Brands), TaylorMade (Adidas), Nike, PING (Karsten/Dolphin Industries) etc are all the golf arm of much larger companies which can absorb the financial hit to their golf divisions.

But, in any event, I don't see Callaway going away any time soon.

I agree Harry. They are not going away, but their financials were horrendous, hiring freezes, layoffs look like they are coming again.

I agree Harry. They are not going away, but their financials were horrendous, hiring freezes, layoffs look like they are coming again.

Sucks. Especially for a company that has a reputation for treating its employees and customers so well.

I just hope the economy turns around soon so any people who were/will be laid off can get re-hired.

Wow, good to hear that they have such great customer service. I started out with Nickent irons and often thought about trying them again. Might have to pick up a new driver soon.

Anyone else remember when it was almost impossible to find Nickent irons with steel shafts?

Maybe if they'd stop overpricing their average irons(IMO), and making their drivers $100-$200 more than equivelent drivers...

I would tend to agree with that statement. However, a friend and i went to a fitting day tour van thing the other day. Anyway my mate got "fitted" rather than me as i had been done in the past. I was amazed...

...they fitted him out to a tour spec head Diablo 9.5 head with a genuine aldila Voodoo (despite some people not getting on with it...he REALLY did)....his shot dispersion was great. No gain in yardage over his old BB954 club with the NV shaft (although the grouping was near his maximum hits for the other set ups).

So all that and they wanted £240.
-The callaway reps had only received them 2 days previous and would sell him their one for that.

Now i thought this was a fantastic deal.....as the voodoo shaft was a genuine one. Not a "made for callaway version" like the titleist one. That shaft alone sells for £200 here.

Just checked online and the price is £250....not sure if those voodoo shafts are the real deal or not though! If they are not then it aint such a great thing as other drivers are now selling for sub £200

(i love the recession.....they ALL used to sell for £200-300)

I would tend to agree with that statement. However, a friend and i went to a fitting day tour van thing the other day. Anyway my mate got "fitted" rather than me as i had been done in the past. I was amazed...

...they fitted him out to a tour spec head Diablo 9.5 head with a genuine aldila Voodoo (despite some people not getting on with it...he REALLY did)....his shot dispersion was great. No gain in yardage over his old BB954 club with the NV shaft (although the grouping was near his maximum hits for the other set ups).

So all that and they wanted £240.
-The callaway reps had only received them 2 days previous and would sell him their one for that.

Now i thought this was a fantastic deal.....as the voodoo shaft was a genuine one. Not a "made for callaway version" like the titleist one. That shaft alone sells for £200 here.

Just checked online and the price is £250....not sure if those voodoo shafts are the real deal or not though! If they are not then it aint such a great thing as other drivers are now selling for sub £200

(i love the recession.....they ALL used to sell for £200-300)

Sorry, I should have clarified. I actually meant their FT-9 and FT-iq drivers.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I actually meant their FT-9 and FT-iq drivers.

Lol on that point we definately agree...

...FT9 was horrid to hit aswell....much worse than the diablo in every area. Distance, trajectory, spin, sound, feel.
-Only thing ot was better on was the looks!

I didnt try the ftiQ.......SO ugly i just couldnt do it!

And i also believe for the most part the irons cost too much for what they provide (nice....but not THAT nice)!

I really do not think their prices are any further out of line than any other company. Consumers in the end dictate the prices with their wallets.

I really do not think their prices are any further out of line than any other company. Consumers in the end dictate the prices with their wallets.

$530 for a driver? (FTiq) That's not out of line? Thats INSANE. It's one thing for the R9 TP to cost $500 because of all the movable this and movable that...
but $530 for just a square driver?!
Then you factor in, say 7% tax (which I know, is not Callaway's fault lol) and you're paying $567 just for a square driver with a stock shaft.

You can, but it is not just about being a draw driver in the FTiq. It works very well to get people on the right path due to setup.

good point. If people pay....then why not as a company charge that!

The reason i always think they are is because i try all the products. Callaway to be fair are normally near the top....but never yet AT the top. So to pay more for a product that isnt as good/doesnt work as well FOR ME doesnt make sense. I am aware however, that somepeople will find callaway products are the best...so paying makes sense.

I just get frustrated by people paying more for a product "because its callaway/titleist/Cleveland/TM/even Nickent". In my eyes people should pay more because it works/is the best. Not because of the name.
Spoiler

Wow.....i keep rambling this evening! all these posts are quite long when they were meant to be really short comments!!

Reactions: JB
Back