Floppy

Reaction score
While I could just post this in the "Show your new clubs thread", I'd also like to tell everyone of my experience with SSB. Chris answered every one of my emails (a TON of them) very timely, and for only a small price...I just received the nicest putter I have EVER seen. Pics are below.

1000818h.jpg

1000819j.jpg

1000820m.jpg

1000822n.jpg

I'd just like to say that SSB is an EXCELLENT company, and don't shy away from buying from them just because they aren't some huge company. The putter also arrived in a timely manner. For $120 (cast putter, Topsail model), there is no way you can beat this. This thing is freakin' gorgeous.
Thanks so much SSB!!!!

Thanks for the excellent pictures. I have been screaming this for a while and glad to hear that someone was listening...hehe. For the money, there is hands down, nothing like it

Wait. where is the THP love? Your supposed to get it to say THP...hehe

Thanks guys! The pictures are no where near as sweet as the thing looks in person. Now hopefully the rain will hold off, and I can get rid of this wicked headache, and get out to the range to try out my new Burner and AWESOME SSB putter!

Thanks guys! The pictures are no where near as sweet as the thing looks in person. Now hopefully the rain will hold off, and I can get rid of this wicked headache, and get out to the range to try out my new Burner and AWESOME SSB putter!

Is that like a Black Oxide finish flop?

Thanks for the excellent pictures. I have been screaming this for a while and glad to hear that someone was listening...hehe. For the money, there is hands down, nothing like it

Wait. where is the THP love? Your supposed to get it to say THP...hehe

heh....oops? :beat-up:

Is that like a Black Oxide finish flop?

No, it is their "Satin Black Polymer" finish. No maintenance required! :D

why is spell check almost useless when it comes to spelling the word maintenance? lol

Same look right?

I haven't seen the black oxide in person, but I assume so. It's sexy - that's all you need to know! hehe...I was torn between the Satin black, or flat black...and I'm glad I chose this. Unbelievable!

Congrats on the new putter, Floppy! That one looks beautiful!

I am glad you like it and JB is right for the money our cast putter not only cannot be beat they are in a class all their own.

Nice putter. I am looking forward to talking with SSB about a new flat stick.

Well, I just took it out to the range. I will admit, I was just hitting away with my driver for 70% of the time...

The putter was amazing. The feel was great, on off center putts, it didn't stray too far off the original line...in fact, I made quite a few off the toe/heel. A+
and the confidence I get with that thing in my hand is insane. I suck at putting. Suck. But I was suddenly sinking about 6/10 30-40 footers, and putting lights out with it within 10 ft.

Thanks again, SSB!

Last edited:
Well, I just took it out to the range. I will admit, I was just hitting away with my driver for 70% of the time...

The putter was amazing. The feel was great, on off center putts, it didn't stray too far off the original line...in fact, I made quite a few off the toe/heel. A+
and the confidence I get with that thing in my hand is insane. I suck at putting. Suck. But I was suddenly sinking about 6/10 30-40 footers, and putting lights out with it within 10 ft.

Thanks again, SSB!

Floppy, that is a gorgeous putter. I am still in shock that I won the LUX in the charity raffle, I cannot wait!!! I've recently been reborn or sorts, back from the depths of the mallet style putters to the very sexy blade putters and this LUX is going to be such a wonderful treat!!!

Good luck with your new putter Floppy, keep us all posted!

Floppy, that is a gorgeous putter. I am still in shock that I won the LUX in the charity raffle, I cannot wait!!! I've recently been reborn or sorts, back from the depths of the mallet style putters to the very sexy blade putters and this LUX is going to be such a wonderful treat!!!

Good luck with your new putter Floppy, keep us all posted!

Yep, I was a mallet guy too...with the batman putter Sabertooth. Nice to go back to the "sexy blade" putter. And it IS soooooooo sexy.
You will love the LUX. Guaranteed.

That is one sweet looking putter....and from what I'm reading it's given you more confidence when standing over a putt and that's what it's all about.

Congrats on the putter Flop, it looks great, I can't wait to order mine.

Floppy who the hell is Roger? Why is his name on your putter? :D

Back