Big Break: Prince Edward Island [spoilers]

I agree with your Harry, That canadian made those comments and I was just like.. What the hell. I am cheering for the Irish girl as well.

All that Robert guy had to do was hit it further than that 52" away on the bunker shot and he screwed up!

I agree with your Harry, That canadian made those comments and I was just like.. What the hell. I am cheering for the Irish girl as well.

All that Robert guy had to do was hit it further than that 52" away on the bunker shot and he screwed up!

I guess only us three watched it tonight. :D

I'm glad Robert is gone though. I would have had to mute the TV every time he talked.

He hit his drives pretty good, but ZERO short game.

How about that wormburner he hit (even Stina said "that never left the ground.") and then said he was trying to keep it under the wind. At first I thought he was making a joke, but then it seemed like he was completely serious when he went on and on about it.

[YOUTUBE]U0oUnxrr7Vo[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait to see GolfGal's (Gayle) interviews and blog entries on this show.

They are coming :)

Actually I will be interviewing the following contestants each week (when they can make it). Maybe do others, but golfgal has to work for a living and these take a lot of time ;)

These were the 6 I picked to start with (glad I didn't pick Robert after tonight's show. Oh dear - poor guy).
Derek
Blair
Brian
Brenda
William
Gerina

They are all partying tonight and couldn't talk, so the interviews will be all done tomorrow. However, I did interview Michael from BB X about the episode - he's going to be helping add a bit of commentary to the whole thing from a past big breaker perspective.

So stay tuned...the posts and interviews will be up tomorrow.

I'd like to see one of them give away the ending and get sued for $1 million, which is supposedly in the contract. Just to see what the trial would look like, and if Golf Channel would actually go through with it. Plus the public sentiment would be intriguing. Normally the public sides with management, which in this case would be Golf Channel.

I think a decent defense attorney could squash it with a laugh.

Probably the most entertaining of all would be for an eliminated contestant to wait until the brink of the final show, and then publicly spill the ending in great detail. That way we could enjoy a normal Big Break for the vast majority of the episodes, then have some bonus theatrics which extend well beyond the series itself.

I've got this all figured out. :D

Hey Awsi, didn't you think it was wierd how they showed each of the players disappear from the group, one at a time, leaving one guy? Was this a sign or too obvious ;)

I think a woman is going to win ;) Now I'VE got this all figured out, NOT! :confused2:

I'm glad Robert is gone though. I would have had to mute the TV every time he talked.

How about that wormburner he hit (even Stina said "that never left the ground.") and then said he was trying to keep it under the wind. At first I thought he was making a joke, but then it seemed like he was completely serious when he went on and on about it.

Actually I think he was making a joke - very very dry humor apparently. Probaby his way of covering mistakes - a learned behavior. I was a bit sorry to see him go as he would have been a colorful character to have on the show. Although I hear Brian is going to give us some entertainment going forward.

I just realized that the new Big Break season starts next week. It looks like TGC has moved it to Mondays instead of Tuesdays where it used to be.

TGC has also updated the website with information about the new season:
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/bigbreak/

306959.jpg

oh yes this will be awsome cant wait for the big break!!!

I'm not a big fan of "colorful." For example:

• BBX: David
    Daviddouche.jpg
  • BB9: Lori
    lori_atsedes_action_1.jpg
  • BB8: Anthony (and to a lesser extent, Brian)
    anthony_rodriguez_mug.JPG
    brian_kontak_mug.JPG
  • BB7: Gary (and to a lesser extent, Kelly)
    gary_ostrega_mug.jpg
    kelly_murray_mug.jpg
  • BB6: Gary (and to a lesser extent, Kelly)
    gary_ostrega_mug.jpg
    kelly_murray_mug.jpg
I prefer nice people with a side of good golf. Sounds like Brian is going to drive me nuts.

I'm not a big fan of "colorful." For example:

• BBX: David
    Daviddouche.jpg
  • BB9: Lori
    lori_atsedes_action_1.jpg
  • BB8: Anthony (and to a lesser extent, Brian)
    anthony_rodriguez_mug.JPG
    brian_kontak_mug.JPG
  • BB7: Gary (and to a lesser extent, Kelly)
    gary_ostrega_mug.jpg
    kelly_murray_mug.jpg
  • BB6: Gary (and to a lesser extent, Kelly)
    gary_ostrega_mug.jpg
    kelly_murray_mug.jpg
I prefer nice people with a side of good golf. Sounds like Brian is going to drive me nuts.

Brian from BB: Mesquite is a good friend of my golf coach. He told me Brian is a good guy.

But I was happy about the elimination tonight, I can't root for a Patriots fan!

I'm glad that Robert is gone, what a tool.

I'm pulling for the redneck fella, the Marine, the Irish girl and the girl from New Mexico. I think that all 4 of them have some serious game, and if they can keep their nerves in check, they'll do very well.

I watched it too Harry. I was hoping Derek would go first after his intro but not too disappointed that Robert is gone, but you do need to have someone you love to hate on the show. Jacqui wants the Irish girl to win it. I'm not sure yet, I have to watch it again to learn who all the people are better.

Way to represent New England, Robert. Apparently, the prerequisites for qualifying for the show have been eliminated.

A few of the players swings were bit odd to me i unno why

I was wondering the same thing. And then Brian said "I wonder if he is going to use his putter again"

yep, you nailed that one my friend ... :clapp:

I will say that he did crush those drives. How he can square that club face with all that going on is beyond me. What really got him kicked was the hideous bunker shot. I can see duffing it when you have to snug it right up to the pin. With the girl chunking that shot before him all he had to do was get it out of the bunk and onto the green.

It was a green side bunker and he couldn't get it on the green! :confused2:

I was wondering the same thing. And then Brian said "I wonder if he is going to use his putter again"

Ahhh, yes. That's the statement that made Brenda (Irish girl) say "Don't be mean Brian."

I like the Irish girl too so far, but for some reason my early favorite is Nicole.
She seems super nice.

306895.jpg

exactly. i cant stand those people who praise every shot they make, including the HORRIBLE ones (like David from BB Michigan). they love to pat themselves on the back waaaay to much.

I'm pulling for the redneck fella, the Marine, the Irish girl and the girl from New Mexico. I think that all 4 of them have some serious game, and if they can keep their nerves in check, they'll do very well.

im with you on the above, bear... :clap:

Hey GolfGal! I've been waiting for these, but you do it right before I go to bed! I'll have to have a listen tomorrow night!

Finally watched it tonight. I concur with most people's reactions. Some great female talent. And their golf ain't bad either (That piece of crasserie is for you Julie and Claire). Just kidding. So anyway, I remember seeing that Blaire girl's website in a link from TST last year. Interesting to see if she has any game or if it is one of these deals where a little bit of good looks + a little bit of talent = television air time. Hopefully it is the former. Loved Irish lassie's sense of humor and awesome dialect. Loved the asian girl too. In fact, loved all the ladies. The dude who was sitting there testing the wind after he hit the green was uber annoying. I couldn't tell if Robert was joking either. At first I thought surely he was, but he delivered the lines in such deadpan that I began to question myself.

All in all, I think this is going to be a great season. Seems a lot more interesting already than Michigan. Notwithstanding Rhymer's involvement.

Back