How much is your club membership?

I think I get off lightly :D

Mine is a student membership, so it's an all-inclusive £113.50 per year. Which is about... $170 ish.

This is making me jealous. It just shows how over inflated the prices are on golf out here.

Don't worry, Gasman. I'm not posting numbers here because they're so appalling.

Mine is $350 a year, but its only a par 3 course. Even still, any time I can play as much as I want, be it on a par 3 course or a full size course, that is a good thing.

The country clubs in my vicinity cost about the same as a new BMW M3, assuming they let you join once you've survived the wait list. It's utter insanity. The best golf-only deal I've found around here is at the University of MD course, which runs somewhere around $2000 a season. It's a great course, but a 30-minute drive depending on traffic, and not cost-effective as often as I'd be able to get out there for a round. That said, there is a driving range that has grass and mat tees about 25 mins away, and you can pay $300 to be a "green grass" member. That entitles you to year-round (weather permitting) access to the grass tees as long as you'd like, plus the cost of buckets of balls. Otherwise it's $15/hr, plus balls, and is only open April to Oct. to non-green-grass members. I'm considering doing that.

I lived in Arlington, and I think I played once during that time. Of course, I was just out of college and didn't have two dimes to rub together.

The only thing I get is a $100 community card at a local course. Enables me to play for half price with a cart & 20 buckets of range balls.

No way in hell would I pay $1700 & then add in another $200 a month for a membership. I would have to golf everyday & twice on weekends to recoup that cost.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. One of the things you pay for when you belong to a private club is a less crowded course. That's probably the thing I miss most. I never played in over 3.5 hours when I belonged there. A four hour round was almost unheard of.

I belong to one in Grandview, MO. $100 intiation fee $29/month. Access to gym,walking is free and $6 to ride 9/$12 to ride 18. Course isn't in that great a shape but it is golf!

$280 season unlimited play membership for my military course. :banana:

Where do you play in Charleston? My parents live in Mt. Pleasant at Dunes West. Great course, and visiting them is like going on vacation.

My home course cost $365 per year and that is for unlimited golf on two courses. Walking in free which I usually do and cart fee is $12. They are executive courses but good to play on to work on the irons. I usually play there two or three times a week and try to play on a longer course once a week.

Where do you play in Charleston? My parents live in Mt. Pleasant at Dunes West. Great course, and visiting them is like going on vacation.

I am at the moment still in Omaha Nebraska. I am moving to Charleston in Oct. I hope the base course has a cheap membership there as well. I have been looking around at the local courses and it seems I wont be able to afford to play very often with the price around there :act-up:

I am at the moment still in Omaha Nebraska. I am moving to Charleston in Oct. I hope the base course has a cheap membership there as well. I have been looking around at the local courses and it seems I wont be able to afford to play very often with the price around there :act-up:

Atticus -- Just got some info from my dad. A couple of things to check out. One is the Charleston Municipal golf course. No web site, but my dad says they are pretty reasonable.

Second is Westcott Plantation. The city of North Charleston owns it, and they give reduced rates for SC residents. They don't say what the reduced rates are on the web site, but the course is supposed to be pretty nice.
http://www.wescottgolf.com/RatesTimes.aspx

Third is Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Club. They have some pretty aggressive specials. Looks like you can play there on weekends and holidays for $38 before 11am and $35 after 11am. You need to bring them an e-mail coupon, so if you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll send you a copy.

Fourth is actually my dad's club, Dunes West. They have some pretty strong twilight rates.
http://duneswestgolfclub.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=654&page=36105

Fifth is a site called http://golf18charleston.com

Hope this helps!

Mine is $1795 per year. That includes green fee, cart and range balls. All unlimited.

I'm feel pretty lucky ti have something that is nice, close and affordable. The course was bought by the county last year and has been steadily improving.

Just got the info from a local club I was considering (emphasis on 'was'). These rates are for an individual, not a family:

Initiation fee: $10,500
Yearly fee: $4,172
Monthly restaurant minimum: $95
Current wait: 4 years

Just got the info from a local club I was considering (emphasis on 'was'). These rates are for an individual, not a family:

HOLY SH!T. I don't feel so bad about my home course anymore. You could buy a CAR with that money! MY GOD!

That is low for a private club around here (assuming I could even get in, which I couldn't). And those amounts don't include green fees.

Around here, your yearly fees are your greens fees.

That is low for a private club around here (assuming I could even get in, which I couldn't). And those amounts don't include green fees.

They are the cheapest club in the area by a significant margin. Still a nice club though.

I feel lucky. My membership at a pretty dang nice challenging course in $2014.00 tax included for a FAMILY membership. It is 2 miles from my house. We play 3 to 4 times a week when the weather is nice and 1 or 2 when the weather is cold. AWESOME DEAL!!!! Carts and range balls included.

I guess it's just more expensive on the coasts. Obviously, you can find different levels of clubs. I was looking at the high, but not highest, level. When I was looking around I saw one that was $75k initiation, 9500/yr dues and some kind of food minimum. No, I didn't join. Another was 60k initiation and I didn't even get the rest of the info.
I heard a rumor from a very reliable inside source that if you wanted to and had 90k burning a hole in your pocket you have a good chance of becoming a member at Baltusrol. Usually there is a sizable wait list but the economy cut that down quite a bit.

Old Memorial down the street from my house is 250k initiation.

The membership is full.

Old Memorial down the street from my house is 250k initiation.

I don't even want to know the fees for Seattle Golf Club or Broadmoor Country Club. (Again, not that I could ever get an invite.)

Back