drivingrangejunkie

Call me DR.J
Reaction score
Handicap
So I was at the driving range this morning, and I was just hitting my 8 iron as I usually do. After a couple of swings I realized that the grip would become misaligned, as in the Nickent logo on the grip would become misaligned with the club face. So the grip was pretty much twisting and turning after each swing. I decided to twist the grip back to its original position, so I put one hand on the club head, and the other hand on the grip and twisted the grip back. But when I did this, I noticed that the club head actually loosened from the hosel, exposing the epoxy or whatever it is that is used to keep the club head attached securely to the hosel. I decided to just twist it gently back so that it was flush with the hosel and properly aligned. I thought this would solve the problem and decided to take another swing just to check. I hit a pretty good shot, but the club head had entirely twisted backwards lol. After that I pretty much put the 8 iron away and proceeded to finish practicing. So my question is do I contact Nickent and see if they will fix it for me or do I take it to Golf Galaxy and have them repair it? I bought this set NEW on ebay from an online golf store. I'm still not entirely sure how the club head had loosened to begin with, as I wasn't applying pressure to the head as much as to the grip itself. What do I do now?

I would contact the online store. When they sell a product they should stand behind it. Its weird to find brand new clubs that have not been manufactured by the company in QUITE SOME TIME. The store should either replace the product or fix it for you free of charge. If the hassle seems like too much, I would go to a local fitter and just have them fix it for you.

I am not sure if the company will replace or fix a product that has not been made in a while. You are at the right place though, I am sure they will be on this week to respond to this.

Ok thanks JB. In the meantime I just emailed the online store and asked what their policy is.

Keep us posted.

Hopefully you get it fixed free of charge but at worst it's an easy fix by any clubmaker.

Thank god for epoxy if all else fails.

Ok thanks JB. In the meantime I just emailed the online store and asked what their policy is.

DRJ, i doubt if the online store can/will do anything about it. if they do, thats just a bonus. if nobody does anything about it, luckily, its not expensive to fix the problem.

DRJ, i doubt if the online store can/will do anything about it. if they do, thats just a bonus. if nobody does anything about it, luckily, its not expensive to fix the problem.

Yeah I doubt they will send me another 8 iron. But will Nickent help me? It would leave a bad first impression if they couldn't. :beat-up:

While I am sure that it would be a nice touch, I am not sure any manufacturer would help and I am not sure it should leave a bad taste for you. If I bought a set of brand new Titleist DCI Irons off of Ebay, and one did not work, Titleist would not do a thing. You are buying something from in most cases a "Non-authorized" seller. But even more, you are buying a club that has not been made for about 2 years.

I just do not think any company would replace a club that was purchased WELL AFTER they stopped making it.

However I am assuming that your deal with the EBAY seller offered some sort of money back guarantee. I would send the set back to them, because if it happened to one, it may happen to all of them.

Okay, I'm not sure if you have 2 problems or just 1.

Was the grip actually moving, or did you just think it was because the clubhead was twisting?

If the grip is twisting, the easiest thing to do is regrip it yourself (or if you aren't comfortable/don't have the supplies, then take it to the shop).

For the clubhead, if the shaft isn't damaged, I would take it to your local shop and ask them to re-epoxy it for you. It shouldn't cost much and you won't lose your 8-iron for a month. (Because, even if Nickent or the seller covers the problem, you are going to have to send it in for repairs.)

I know my local Golf Galaxy only charges $4 to cut down a shaft (if there is no regripping or anything), so how much could they charge for a little epoxy?

i guess it cant hurt to call Nickent on Monday to see if they'll do something fer ya? if they cant, it wont cost much to fix

I just want to get it fixed as soon as possible, because the 8 iron is a very big part of my arsenal on the course. I use it alot on the course because it covers anywhere from 150-160 yards.

yep, thats one of my most used as well...

I use my 8 iron a lot, but that is a long 8 iron DRJ. Very nice. Mine goes 145 TOPS!

I wouldn't even bother with contacting the online store or Nickent. Just take it to Golf Galaxy or any local shop that repairs clubs. It's a $5 fix that will take 5 minutes. Nothing to get all worked up about.

I wouldn't even bother with contacting the online store or Nickent. Just take it to Golf Galaxy or any local shop that repairs clubs. It's a $5 fix that will take 5 minutes. Nothing to get all worked up about.

I like your style dynarider.

I use my 8 iron a lot, but that is a long 8 iron DRJ. Very nice. Mine goes 145 TOPS!

I might be exaggerating a bit lol :D But I can never really be sure how far it goes. I once pulled out an 8 iron on a par 3 151 yard hole, and I ended up overshooting it. :confused2:

i hit mine 140 TOPS. and thats when i really get on it

BTW, my 8 iron is a solid 140-145 yd club. Never ever seen 150 with it & unless the hole is severly downhill it most likely never will.

BTW, my 8 iron is a solid 140-145 yd club. Never ever seen 150 with it & unless the hole is severly downhill it most likely never will.

See I always thought I hit an 8 iron 140-ish, but whenever I get on the course it never seems to go that far.

UPDATE: Well I got an email back from the online store. They were kind enough to ask me to ship it back to them so that they could forward it back to the manufacturer for repair. But I already dropped the 8 iron off at Golf Galaxy for repair, probably for less than the cost to ship it all the way back to California. I should be able to pick it up on wednesday.

yeah, thats the best thing to do. i wouldnt ship it back to an ebay seller. it wont cost you much

Please let me know what happens. I don't know if you are anywhere near me but if it comes to that I can and would fix it for you. Let me know.

i always keep a tube of quick set epoxy around for just such an emergency...... i had to reattach the head on my seven iron just this morning...took me 5 mins and in 45 i was swinging it.....

Back