DS,
Im like you. I have about 12 pairs of shoes. Different colors and such to match with outfits of course. When tips get worn, I replace them. Because of that, I am only having to change them about once a year. Its funny that when I started this thread, I only had 8 pairs. Many I need to stop buying shoes.

JB, I sometimes think you are the only one in this country keeping the economy going. Don't stop shopping!

I get reminded of that daily from GG, Claire...hehe

Wow I'm falling behind, I have 2 pairs and they are the exact same shoe.

I have 4 pair, but 3 of them are the exact same model Nikes that fit me better than about any shoe I've ever had, and one is a pair of FJ "Greenjoys" that sees duty when it's particularly wet and muddy. Two of the pairs of Nikes have not even been worn yet, I bought them on TGW closeout a couple months ago.

I've changed spikes on my "main" pair once, after about 6 months of use. The spikes were pretty poor. I could definitely tell a difference the next time out.

I change my spikes out as needed. The spikes on my FJs still look to be in good shape, so I probably will run them another year.

Reviving this thread with a plea for help question.

I changed all my spikes this afternoon. Well, all but two of them. I have softspikes and that wrench tool with two prongs. Two of the spikes were in so tight that I managed to rip the rubber-like stuff with the spike of the wrench tool, so there's no way to twist them off. Now what do I do? Thanks.

Reviving this thread with a plea for help question.

I changed all my spikes this afternoon. Well, all but two of them. I have softspikes and that wrench tool with two prongs. Two of the spikes were in so tight that I managed to rip the rubber-like stuff with the spike of the wrench tool, so there's no way to twist them off. Now what do I do? Thanks.

You never should have tried using a tool. That's a man's job.

Claire,
Grab the spike with plyers and twist! It will come right out.

Whenever they start wearing down.But with 5 pairs it's never an emergency cause at least some will have good spikes and will be the ones I wear.

And Claire...been there,done that...use the pliers.

Have you tried using needle-nose pliers?

np500.jpg

Have you tried using needle-nose pliers?

np500.jpg

Better thought than an Allen wrench--that may be next. This is what I get for telling the guy at Golfsmith thank you very much but I can do this myself, huh?

Better thought than an Allen wrench--that may be next. This is what I get for telling the guy at Golfsmith thank you very much but I can do this myself, huh?

You can do this yourself.

I bet you can change a flat tire too.

:shock:

Talk about the wrong tool for the job!

UBE (pronounced OOH-bee): ugly but effective. Often said about my approach shots.

What new spikes did you put in them?

Footjoys = softspikes. The guy told me it was my only option. All they had was silver with green. Given that one pair of shoes is white with pink argyle and the other is black, it's not ideal. I had no clue what bad shape my existing spikes were in until I replaced them.

Footjoys = softspikes. The guy told me it was my only option. All they had was silver with green. Given that one pair of shoes is white with pink argyle and the other is black, it's not ideal. I had no clue what bad shape my existing spikes were in until I replaced them.

Not true.

These would have worked. (I just wish they came in other colors for boys.)

details_scorpionstinger.jpg
or these
details_ladystinger.jpg

They are my favorite and I think they last longer than the softspikes.
image.jpg

Not true.

These would have worked. (I just wish they came in other colors for boys.)

details_scorpionstinger.jpg
or these
details_ladystinger.jpg

They are my favorite and I think they last longer than the softspikes.
image.jpg

They had some stingers, but the women's were blue with pink--kinda weird looking. And there are two kinds to stingers, if I recall: quick twist and Q something? Anyway, I'll know better next time. For now, I'm happy I got the job done.

Your favorites look like what I have, and the package is the same shape.

The black widows are horrible, they wear out so quickly. I must have changed spikes 3-4 times last year.

They had some stingers, but the women's were blue with pink--kinda weird looking. And there are two kinds to stingers, if I recall: quick twist and Q something? Anyway, I'll know better next time. For now, I'm happy I got the job done.

Your favorites look like what I have, and the package is the same shape.

The ones at the bottom are the Soft Spikes (the ones you bought, right?). I don't like them as much as the Champ Stingers (the yellow ones/pink for women.)

I just wish they came in other colors. For example, my ECCO shoes have spikes that match the colors of the shoes. But they aren't available aftermarket.

41j53%2BpJRuL._SS400_.jpg

There are several types of connectors (Q-LOK, Tri-LOK aka Fast-Twist, Small-Thread, Large Thread), but most brands of spikes come in all options.

There are several types of connectors (Q-LOK, Tri-LOK aka Fast-Twist, Small-Thread, Large Thread), but most brands of spikes come in all options.

Wouldn't it be easier to go to a single standard? VCR v. Betamax.

Okay, here's our business opportunity: aftermarket spikes that match shoes or at least look really snazzy.

Wouldn't it be easier to go to a single standard? VCR v. Betamax.

Okay, here's our business opportunity: aftermarket spikes that match shoes or at least look really snazzy.

Ummm, okay. And the capital for this venture will come from where?

And since I'm not an engineer, I'll do what?

Back