Monty berates photographer at China Open

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/04/monty-berates-photographer-at-china-open.html

Monty berates photographer at China Open

Newly crowned European Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie's public image has gone from "Colin the Cranky" to "Montgomerie the Magnanimous" since he's adopted the role of elder statesman at age 45. However, those of you who miss the Full Monty shouldn't worry. He's as irascible as ever, as this report from Scottish TV shows:

Colin Montgomerie today lost his rag at a hapless cameraman as he fudged his way around the Volvo Chinese Open.

Monty, never one to hold back when a good dressing down is called for, spat the dummy as the cameraman filmed him on the 8th hole of the tournament in Beijing.

The Great Britain and Europe’s Ryder Cup captain, who says his new role has given him a new serenity, growled “don’t film me” at the man who had filmed him hook his drive into the water.

Scottish-to-American Translations:

Lose the rag: To suddenly become angry and start shouting.

Spat the Dummy: Had a hissy fit.

(Montgomerie was 2-over following his second round, eight strokes behind leader Ho-Sung Choi.)

(Props to the author for the translations.)

wow, harry ...

what a character ... they were talking about what happened a few minutes ago on TGC...

He's tarnishing my name dammit

He does make life interesting

He does make life interesting

He does make life interesting. I started golf while living in England during the 2001 (2002) Ryder Cup, and the man was cool to watch, so I do forgive him his faults. Besides, his wife walked away whith a good load of his money while complaining that he "Took Golf Too Seriously". Who would have though? I'd be grumpy too.

He does make life interesting. I started golf while living in England during the 2001 (2002) Ryder Cup, and the man was cool to watch, so I do forgive him his faults. Besides, his wife walked away whith a good load of his money while complaining that he "Took Golf Too Seriously". Who would have though? I'd be grumpy too.

great point, sir ... roflmbo

He is forgiven for all now lol.

black-widow-spider.jpg

Besides, his wife walked away whith a good load of his money while complaining that he "Took Golf Too Seriously". Who would have though? I'd be grumpy too.

Isn't golf his job? I don't know about some people, but most do take their job seriously.

Yeah, but I'd say that, with his criteria for picking wives, he kinda got (gets) what he deserves.

sport-smiley-5569.gif

howtomarry.jpg

Mrs Doubtfire is a butthole

Back