What's your favorite type of ball or do you think it makes a big difference?

Pro V1s make a difference, but at my skill level, not enough to justify the cost.

I feel this is true for the vast majority of us hackers. We see the pro's using these balls & think since they are using them they must be the best. What they don't realize is they don't have the game to be able to extract everything out of that ball & would probably be better served using a $15 a box Top Flite D2.

Honestly I can't tell a whole of difference between balls off the tee, sure some like the Pro V1's, Bridgestone B330's, etc have a slightly better feel around the greens, offer more spin, etc. But my game isn't that great where I can utilize all of the control those balls supposedly offer.

I tend to stick with the D2's, Callaway HX hots, Slazenger Blacks, Titleist NXT's etc.

Very true Dyna, I know for me the Pro V has so much spin it is actually worse for me. I end up putting so much side spin on them I guarantee it cost me more strokes getting off the tee than it will save me around the green.

Im partial to Bridgestone/Precept. For me they work very well. Im not a fan of the more clicky golfballs. I dont like the sound and to me they just feel dead coming off of the clubface, like hitting a rock.
The Noodle is an example of this. Last year I found a couple, tried them out and didnt much care for them.

I have issues with my putting and pitching, so I tend to pick a ball "backwards" testing out green/ around green feel first then seeing how it performs off the tee. I will be looking at a new ball soon (just for fun, I'm happy with what I sue now);

Here's what I use now;

B330 RX or B330
E7+

What I will look at;

New Nike Line
New Srixon Line
Bridgestone (Ones I am using now)
Maybe Callaway

On my last freezing cold day at the course, I switched quickly from the range (topflight range rocks) to the tee (bridgestone e5+) without really paying much attention, and the feel and sound was 100% different. I was like "huh, those range balls really do suck." Maybe the cold exacerbated the difference in feel and sound, but I'm telling you, I'm no Tiger Woods, but there was a definitive difference there. Also I admit this difference in feel doesn't necessarily translate to a lower round, but part of the game is the pleasure of the feel of the good ballstrikes, so I don't mind spending a few bucks more for a better ball. I won't be spending $53 for a dozen new 2009 pro-v1s, however!

I won't be spending $53 for a dozen new 2009 pro-v1s, however!
Nor will I. Thats just plain nuts. I'll go spend $40 for a dozen B330s before I spent $52 on Pro V1s.
Id bet a lot of people who used to play Pro V1s will start playing NXTs.

I'll tell you what ball I miss -- The Maxfli M3. I loved that ball, and you could always get deals on them.

These days, I'll play with any performance ball (unless it's wet, then I play Noodles). I won't pay retail for balls; Target often has good deals on refurbs. I definitely agree with the poster that picks his ball for performance around the green. Courses turn into rocks down here in Virginia in the summer. You have to play a ball that will spin.

Im just a beginner and am told that ball choice wont really make a difference but I love the nike juice. I've tried enough balls in my short career to realize I like some more than others. I think the few times I have broke 100 so far was all with the juice.

I know I hate slazenger and most callaways. Like so many things in golf its all probably just in my head though.

Wound up playing TM TP Black ball this week and really like them.

My favorites are the ones I don't lose.It doesn't matter what brand it is it always makes me happy when I don't have to drop another.

Currently I play some Precept Laddie X I bought at Target on clearance. I got two boxes of two dozen for 10 dollars each box!! But I play whatever ball I can get my hands on. But if I had a choice and the money I would play either Titleist Pro V1s, Bridgestone B330 RXs, or the Srixon line.

Alternating to what I believe are the two best out there, the Srixon Z Stars and the Bridgestone B330RX. Both fit my game extrmely well.

Alternating to what I believe are the two best out there, the Srixon Z Stars and the Bridgestone B330RX. Both fit my game extrmely well.

Same for me, I loose distance with the RX though which is my only complaint but I prefer the feel and spin to the B330/S (though those are both great balls as well).

i normaly play:

• prov
  • pro v x

but, i am really wanting to try out the callaway tour ix ...

I actually have a box of Callaway Tour IX balls I got as a sample. Its a little black box with the Callaway logo on it and inside is two 3 ball sleves. I got them about a year ago, and I still haven't used them. I don't think I ever will, those balls are expensive!

Currently I play some Precept Laddie X I bought at Target on clearance. I got two boxes of two dozen for 10 dollars each box!! But I play whatever ball I can get my hands on. But if I had a choice and the money I would play either Titleist Pro V1s, Bridgestone B330 RXs, or the Srixon line.

i really like the Precept Laddie X's. my favorite ball (besides the B330RX) is the e5+. back in the late 90's my favorite ball was the Precept EV Extra Spin ball.

They're okay, they don't get as much spin as I'd like though.

no, they dont spin much at all. i just like the way they feel off the driver and irons though

I use whatever is on sale or I happen to find on the course. Picked up 6 boxes of Top Flite D2 Feels awhile back from Target for $3.74 a box. For my purposes & ability they are perfect. Plus if I lose 1 or a whole box who cares as they are dirt cheap.

does anyone know how the Top Flite Gamers feel? i didnt know that they were a 3 piece ball until i saw the commercial. just curious how the performance is. Ive never really dug Top Flite balls

does anyone know how the Top Flite Gamers feel? i didnt know that they were a 3 piece ball until i saw the commercial. just curious how the performance is. Ive never really dug Top Flite balls

Kenny Mayne is hilarious though.

[YOUTUBE]MO4rDD08y2E[/YOUTUBE]

RS,
THey are similar to the Wilson Staff Zip.

Back