Cleveland offers a good line- I don't like their woods, but many others do. I have liked their irons when I hit them in the past, and they make excellent wedges and underrated putters.

picking just one company is hard, but i guess i would have to go with Titleist ... they have a quality lineup from top to bottom ...

I'll stick with PING. They've been good to me so far. :D

I would have to go with nickent. For the most part my bag is there anyway. Just waiting to add the nickent putter. JB and I tried a couple of them and they are beautiful. For me I am waiting to see what the new course is going to want me to carry while on property and giving lessons. I have (it looks like) a choice between Nike and Ping for my work staff bag. I could live with either.

I would have to go with nickent. For the most part my bag is there anyway. Just waiting to add the nickent putter. JB and I tried a couple of them and they are beautiful. For me I am waiting to see what the new course is going to want me to carry while on property and giving lessons. I have (it looks like) a choice between Nike and Ping for my work staff bag. I could live with either.

thats great to hear Andy! Im happy fer ya! and i agree, an all Nickent bag would be awesome too....

I am very pleased with my nickents. I finally put a bag together with what I want in it instead of what the course wants me to play and I love the nickent gear. The good news is that my new course has a few and wants to stock the nickent hybrids. Maybe I can keep my current bag. I will let everyone know what happens once I know where it is going.

Andy - If you haven't yet, go and hit the PING S57's. They're the best so far from them. I love mine!

He did hit them GB. I was there and he said while solid irons, he did not think they stacked up to what he was playing at the time which were AP2s

I am very pleased with my nickents. I finally put a bag together with what I want in it instead of what the course wants me to play and I love the nickent gear. The good news is that my new course has a few and wants to stock the nickent hybrids. Maybe I can keep my current bag. I will let everyone know what happens once I know where it is going.

Andy,

Did you move from Westchase, and if so where are you going to now? I must have missed that thread, although it's not hard to do anymore with the added posting traffic now. :clapp:

I have left westchase and have accepted a job at a course north of here. I am not comfortable giving out the name until I start there, but it is a great track with a much better practice/teaching area. I should be starting up there in the next week or two (assuming I don't need to have surgery). Can't wait to make the announcement and get you guys up to see the new course!!!!!

Sorry 907. But if you pick Cobra you have to use cobra wedges and cobra putters. You dont get to fall back on the Acushnet brands.

Alright. But they don't make wedges? I could deal with their putters, not the best looking things, but I could deal.

They are to expensive but after hitting some fourteen irons and wedges about a week ago I could do that....but for large OEM's still TM or Callaway (though I don't care for their hybrids), with Nike Close behind (putters holding them back)

I like the Nike Unitized putters. But agree with some of their others. I have also tried Fourteen clubs a lot. We got to meet them at the PGA show and sample their goods as well as one of the guys I play with has a set. I love the looks but did not really care for the performance as much.

I like the Nike Unitized putters. But agree with some of their others. I have also tried Fourteen clubs a lot. We got to meet them at the PGA show and sample their goods as well as one of the guys I play with has a set. I love the looks but did not really care for the performance as much.

The iron set preformed well enough for me, though I could find cheaper/better it was really the black tour wedges I fell in love with. The Nike unitized putters were nice I was thinking more about their new IC (?) line.

i would have to go with titliest

driver: 909 d2
3wood: 909 f2
hybrid: 909 h
irons: zm forged
wedges: chrome spin milled wedges
putter: scotty cam studio select 1.5

Nooooooooo....don't drink the koolaid lol. You've come to THP just in time, we will save you.

Whats wrong with this?

It was a half joke but I've come to find Titleist overrated and mostly fueled by a vast and powerful marketing machine. A lot around here sort of agree but if the clubs work for you by all means use them. They just don't make my top 5 of companies anymore.

For me it would be Wilson staff at this time, but it might change if I got to try the Nickent irons. I love my Nickent 5 wood and if I hit the irons just as well I'd change.

Nothing wrong with picking all Titleist stuff.

I'd have to go with Mizuno, I hit their irons & wedges alrready. I have hit their hybrids and liked them, just not as much as the Adams. I've hit their FW's as well and they had Speeder 757's in them, they were the closest thing I've come to the Bang BOM's I currently game. The only trouble I'd get in is with the driver,I've not hit the 700 but I've hit their others and didn't like nary a one.

I'd have to go with Mizuno, I hit their irons & wedges alrready. I have hit their hybrids and liked them, just not as much as the Adams. I've hit their FW's as well and they had Speeder 757's in them, they were the closest thing I've come to the Bang BOM's I currently game. The only trouble I'd get in is with the driver,I've not hit the 700 but I've hit their others and didn't like nary a one.

My father has a Mizuno driver and I cringe every time I listen to him hit it.

Nothing wrong with picking all Titleist stuff.

True, plenty of pro's & weekend hackers alike use their equipment & love it. Titleist makes good stuff.

Taylormade I suppose- though Callaway would be a close second. I'm split now with Cally irons and hybrids and TM woods. I could sure do all-Callaway too. In fact, come to think about it- I guess I'm CLOSER to being all Cally than I am all TM! :bulgy-eyes:

Titleist is a marketing machine and I think they have a stigma in some circles (here to an extent) as just being a marketing machine. I ranted about Golf Digest being in bed with them and the Hot List (at least for balls) being a joke due to this- which I still think is true. They do make some fabulous clubs, though. If the AP2's weren't a thousand dollars they would be in my bag. I love my 905T- and then you get to Vokeys and a Scotty Cameron- that is a fine bag right there, evil empire of marketing or not.

Back