Style on a budget article

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So we have an article coming out soon where we challenged 3 of the big companies that make both apparel and golf shoes to come up with a complete outfit for under $200.

Shoes
Shorts
Shirt
hat
Belt

Well 2 out of the 3 accepted the challenge and we have that for you coming soon. Nike and Adidas stepped up and got it done. Footjoy said that they were respectfully declining the invitation.

We wanted to show that including shoes people could get a go to outfit for the new golf season that looks incredible for a great price. More to come soon.

I absolutely cannot wait! This is right up my alley, JB! Send it to me early, I'm anxious to see this article! :twist: :waiting:

• Admin
We were actually surprised that FJ declined. They were very cordial about it and asked us to review some of their shoes. But they felt as though this was "not their target audience". I thought with the Green Joys line, it was perfect and they could really do some great things with this.

Wow I didn't think you could do that and include shoes (from those 2 brands anyway). Very interesting.

Callaway's apparel line isn't very well known, but it might be worth asking them if they want to participate.

• Admin
We thought long and hard about what to set the price at and we chose $200 and the companies told us that they had some fun putting it together. We look forward to seeing what they chose.

• Admin
Callaway's apparel line isn't very well known, but it might be worth asking them if they want to participate.

I forgot to mention that in the first post Harry, in some ways it was because of them that this article came to be. They are "in between lines" and are working to get things straightened away with their apparel line VERY SOON. Because of the economy some things changed over there and that is how we thought to do this article.

I forgot to mention that in the first post Harry, in some ways it was because of them that this article came to be. They are "in between lines" and are working to get things straightened away with their apparel line VERY SOON. Because of the economy some things changed over there and that is how we thought to do this article.

I should have known better than to try to out-think you and GG. :D

Will they each be doing both a men's and women's outfit?

EDIT: Puma and Oakley (is Oakley still making golf shoes?)

• Admin
Oakley does not like things "reviewed". We love PUMA and did not even bother approaching them with this one because of the cost of their items. They may be able to get a few of the items under $200 but not everything.

I always question the reliability and quality of large companies that have huge add campaigns but then do not want products reviewed.

We were actually surprised that FJ declined. They were very cordial about it and asked us to review some of their shoes. But they felt as though this was "not their target audience". I thought with the Green Joys line, it was perfect and they could really do some great things with this.

That is surprising. I forgot my shoes once last year when I was out of town and playing, so I grabbed a pair of GreenJoys out of the pro shop because they were the cheapest shoes they had. I have been pleasantly surprised with them. Now, I don't think I'd walk 18 holes in them, but they're a good second or third pair of shoes to have when you're on a multi-day trip.

And if you do a multi-day trip on a single pair of shoes, you're asking for it.

What a great idea JB! I'm looking forward to this article!

Cool idea JB. I do now own any golf-specific apparel, I just buy what looks right and is on sale, so this is up my alley.

I'm looking forward to this one as well. I know that both Nike and Adidas have some shoes out that run in the sub-$75 range, but doing an entire outfit with shoes for under $200 will make it interesting to see what items they pick out.

Heck, I think my Nike golf shoes were around $60 when I got them on sale.

It would be real easy for Nike if they shopped at the outlet store I went to over the weekend. I could have got all that stuff there for under $200. Sadly, I just got some new shirts. That brings my golf shirt total to just under 60. Didn't need them, just had to have them.

Its a little different when they are dealing with new lines. Sure you can buy Nike shirts at TJ Maxx for much cheaper than retail, but we asked the companies to do this based on MSRP.

Great idea JB, it will be cool to see what they can come up with at that price point.

It would be real easy for Nike if they shopped at the outlet store I went to over the weekend. I could have got all that stuff there for under $200. Sadly, I just got some new shirts. That brings my golf shirt total to just under 60. Didn't need them, just had to have them.

SIXTY? I just got my SECOND via Charity Raffle!!!

Its a little different when they are dealing with new lines. Sure you can buy Nike shirts at TJ Maxx for much cheaper than retail, but we asked the companies to do this based on MSRP.

I know, I was mostly stating that I found some good deals at the Nike outlet I went to. And they were not the generic stuff, mostly just stuff from last year. They had the body mapping, sphere, and the UV lines.

SIXTY? I just got my SECOND via Charity Raffle!!!

I get many of them from work. We get a lot of logoed polos that I have collected through the years. I have about 10-12 'really good' ones I use to play in. The rest are just for work.

I know, I was mostly stating that I found some good deals at the Nike outlet I went to. And they were not the generic stuff, mostly just stuff from last year. They had the body mapping, sphere, and the UV lines.

I get many of them from work. We get a lot of logoed polos that I have collected through the years. I have about 10-12 'really good' ones I use to play in. The rest are just for work.

I hear ya! I just won my 43rd.

Back