Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I get a popup, to convert my .wma songs to .mp3, and every time I click it, it pulls out 1,500 or so songs that are .wma, and goes through a process that's supposed to convert them, but when I look at the song in my library folder, they're still .wma.

I've "converted" the same songs a bunch of times, and still nothing.

What gives?

Gummi, is it moving the .mp3 file to a different file folder ?

Not that I've found. I store my music on an external drive, and the "converted" files aren't on it, or on my :C drive (I just ran a search on your suggestion)

Any other ideas?

Never mind my previous question. I assume since you searched your C drive you are on a PC. I'm afraid I can't be much more help to you. Hope you get it figured out.

What do you mean, "I get a popup"? Where is this popup coming from?

Good question Smallville. Are you going through preferences and importing the songs with a different setting? You shouldn't just get a popup window asking you to convert your songs.

The popup is an iTunes deal. THen there's a task that runs on the left side that says "Converting .wma Tracks" and a screen of them being converted.

Can it convert them in iTunes and not put them back in my folder?

I'm stumped.

FYI - I'm on a PC for now, I'll be going to a Mac this autumn some time I'm hoping. Tired of all the baloney with this darn thing.

Back