Official Masters Contest Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With Caleb C.'s new column up this morning. http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2510 We have officially announced the Masters Contest Sponsored By Taylormade Golf.

Grand Prize - Taylormade R9 Driver and Taylormade Masters Hat
Runner Up - 1 Dozen Taylormade TP Red Golf Balls and a Taylormade Masters Hat
3rd Place - Taylormade Masters Hat

Here are the official rules:
1. Pick 1 golfer from each of the four groups of golfers that are affiliated with Taylormade or Ashworth

2. Select the winning score as a Tie Breaker (additional tie breaker will be awarded to head to head score of 1st round, 2nd round, etc..)

3. This contest is open to any forum members, so if you are not registered do so before contest and of course it is free.

4. If a player misses the cut his scores are averaged and those are applied to the total for the final two rounds.

5. THP has the right to disqualify entries at its own discretion.

Here are the groups.

Group A

Sergio Garcia

Retief Goosen

Sean O'Hair

Kenny Perry

Mike Weir

Group B

Tim Clark

Fred Couples (Ashworth)

Dustin Johnson

Pat Perez

Andres Romero

Rory Sabbatini

Group C

Robert Allenby

Briny Baird

Todd Hamilton

Justin Rose

YE Yang

Matt Goggin

Group D

Ray Floyd

Sandy Lyle

Greg Norman

Richerd Sterne

Craig Stadler

Ian Woosnam

Please make all your choices via PM to me so that we can keep this thread for banter. You can put your choices in this thread as well, however they do not become official until I receive them via private message and submit them.

We will cut this one off at Thursday morning at 6am EST. All entries received after that will not be counted.

If you opted out of contests in the past for some reason, you must opt in for future contests before they start.

We look forward to having some fun with this one. Taylormade will be supplying the driver, so when you submit your entry, please have your driver specs listed at the bottom of your private message. Thanks.

Good luck to all and have a great time with this one.

Last edited:
JB- I'm not the grooviest wedge in the bag...

JB- I'm not the grooviest wedge in the bag...

... but I don't get it. :clown:

Is this to be a random drawing and we're to just randomly pick someone from each group and see if it matches up with the random draw?!? Or are we to pick who we think will have the lowest final score from each group... or?!?

Thanks for any clarification.

I figure we are picking low four-round score of each group. (But what if they miss the cut or withdraw? Is your whole entry disqualified?). My suggestion (if this is truly the format and not a drawing) is that the money the pro wins gets applied to that forum member's entry, and whoever comes up with the most prize money wins.

Right, I'm wondering if it is cumulative score of the golfers picked or do you have to have the most players with the lowest score in each group? What if a player misses the cut? Etc?

Thanks.

Considering the driver specs, what exactly are all the options?

I might be stupid, but I am extremely confused.

• Admin
You pick four golfers. The cumulative scores that are lowest of all four players at the end is the winner. If a player misses the cut his scores are averaged and those are applied to the total.

Sounds good. I'm winning.

• Admin
Guys for the total overall it is the actual winning number for the tie breaker. Such as -9 or -6.

Doesn't matter what the tie breaker is. It won't be coming down to that. I'll have this thing wrapped up on Saturday.

Keep the entries coming guys and gals. We will cut this one off at Thursday morning at 6am EST. All entries received after that will not be counted.

Maater's Contest

Maater's Contest

Ther4e doesn't seem to be any way to enter. Where is the link?

All you have to do is Private message me your entries and your tie breaker.

Entries are all coming in. Keep em coming guys. It will be a good one.

This is way cool, I can see my name on that R9!!!!:alien2::banana::blob::alien2::banana::blob:

This is way cool, I can see my name on that R9!!!!:alien2::banana::blob::alien2::banana::blob:

There is absolutely NO way that we have the same name! LOL

PM sent.

Very confused and I don't even know if I filled it out right, but I'm going to win regardless. :D

Will people's selections be made public, in the interest of full disclosure (and curiosity)?

I have not decided yet. We have each one printed and dated, so nobody needs to worry. I will of course make mine public so nobody needs to worry about that. But lets face it, that is a lot of TYPING

Gotta bring this up: what if there is a tie and the tie-breaker is the same?

Smallie,
If all tie breakers are exhausted (meaning winning score and rule #2 of OP) then we will saw the club in half and give half to each. No, if that happens, we will make sure that both parties are happy. Our promise.

I only asked to give some other people a glimmer of hope that they might win. Like I said before, I'll have this wrapped up on Saturday.

Back