soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
Has anyone used their iPhone in Europe? My plan is to turn off my data and just use Wi-Fi, but not sure what I will be able to use on the phone and what I won't. Just wondering if anyone has tried this? Thanks.

Soxy,
My former biz partner used his in Europe when they first came out. Wifi worked fine and so did many functions, but the phone struggled A LOT obviously. He also could not get VOIP to work for some reason.

I would say just go in and ask AT&T to get the definite answer.

Has anyone used their iPhone in Europe? My plan is to turn off my data and just use Wi-Fi, but not sure what I will be able to use on the phone and what I won't. Just wondering if anyone has tried this? Thanks.

Using WiFi, all you can use is internet, etc...for phone calls you'd need to use VOIP calling. I would recommend buying an international sim card, although I don't know if your phone has to be unlocked for this.

Using WiFi, all you can use is internet, etc...for phone calls you'd need to use VOIP calling. I would recommend buying an international sim card, although I don't know if your phone has to be unlocked for this.

Will an AT&T store or an Apple store put an international SIM in your phone? The case on mine seems awfully sealed. VOIP calling should work, although I have not tried a VOIP client on mine yet. I hear of people using their iPod Touch with VOIP clients and public WiFi.

Will an AT&T store or an Apple store put an international SIM in your phone? The case on mine seems awfully sealed. VOIP calling should work, although I have not tried a VOIP client on mine yet. I hear of people using their iPod Touch with VOIP clients and public WiFi.

Do you have a 2G or 3G? I have a 3G and getting the SIM card out is easy as pie!

I have a 3G. How do you get yours out?

At the top of the phone, to the left of the lock button you'll see like a "bar" (I don't know how to describe it) and on that you'll see a hole about the size of a toothpick. So either take a toothpick or an unfolded paperclip and put it in the hole and push down, the thing will pop up, you can pull it out with your fingers and take the SIM card out.

At the top of the phone, to the left of the lock button you'll see like a "bar" (I don't know how to describe it) and on that you'll see a hole about the size of a toothpick. So either take a toothpick or an unfolded paperclip and put it in the hole and push down, the thing will pop up, you can pull it out with your fingers and take the SIM card out.

:dohanim: Thank God there are kids around to keep me up on the things I should know!

This all sounds very cool.

Now does anyone want to give me an iPhone?

Back