I don't know, but it sounds like you're in a pretty good spot, 907. In fact, I would encourage any of you young guns to try to play in college if it's within the realm of the feasible. You're only young once, and you may regret it if you don't try. Clearly you love golf or you wouldn't be wasting time on the forum.

I don't know, but it sounds like you're in a pretty good spot, 907. In fact, I would encourage any of you young guns to try to play in college if it's within the realm of the feasible. You're only young once, and you may regret it if you don't try. Clearly you love golf or you wouldn't be wasting time on the forum.

The summer of '10 I'm going to drive all around the western US meet, and hitting balls in-front of college coaches. I'm going all through out California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and other's.

Right now, at the last index update for me (October 08) I was a 7.7 index. In Hawaii in January I shot some really good scores (+1, +2, +3), but every round was in the 70s. I won every Alaska Junior Tour event last year, and was runner up in the Alaska State Am. I still have 2 years until college, but what do you think I'm looking at with that resume right now?

If you are consistently turning in rounds in stroke play tournaments under 80 and have won several stroke play tournaments, you certainly could have played for the William and Mary team that I did not make. You might not be able to play for a D1 golf powerhouse like Oklahoma State, but I think you'll find D1 coaches interested in you. They like kids that have won tournaments. They can teach you to play better, but they can't teach you how to win.

Check out what Golf Digest has to say: http://www.golfdigest.com/rankings/college/2007/09/collegegolfrankings

And don't turn your nose up at smaller schools. They have fantastic academics and often smaller class sizes.

If you are consistently turning in rounds in stroke play tournaments under 80 and have won several stroke play tournaments, you certainly could have played for the William and Mary team that I did not make. You might not be able to play for a D1 golf powerhouse like Oklahoma State, but I think you'll find D1 coaches interested in you. They like kids that have won tournaments. They can teach you to play better, but they can't teach you how to win.

Check out what Golf Digest has to say: http://www.golfdigest.com/rankings/college/2007/09/collegegolfrankings

And don't turn your nose up at smaller schools. They have fantastic academics and often smaller class sizes.

Sorry I didn't get back on this earlier, I never saw it considering I accidently pushed the button to get rid of the new posts. But I have won quite a few stroke play tournaments here in Alaska, and this summer I'm going to play the US Pub Links Qualifier along with more Alaska Junior Tour events.

And I really wanna play college golf, but if I only get, say a DII offer then I'll take it, I don't HAVE to go to a big program like Florida or Oklahoma State, but I'm going to work and try to get into a school like that.

Sorry I didn't get back on this earlier, I never saw it considering I accidently pushed the button to get rid of the new posts. But I have won quite a few stroke play tournaments here in Alaska, and this summer I'm going to play the US Pub Links Qualifier along with more Alaska Junior Tour events.

And I really wanna play college golf, but if I only get, say a DII offer then I'll take it, I don't HAVE to go to a big program like Florida or Oklahoma State, but I'm going to work and try to get into a school like that.

No problem. And good luck with it! If I only knew then what I know now...

No problem. And good luck with it! If I only knew then what I know now...

I've got a good support crew around me with my swing coach, my mom, my friends, and other's that are supporting me and pointing me in the right direction. I'm a very lucky guy.

Plus your cheering section at THP.

You're going to need to work on your English mark before you get into any Colleges. :D

Don't make me give you crap about your after party posts :smile:

Dent,

Don't you mean,

Weshl braeven?

Im playing the State Junior Am and the State Am plus some junior tour stuff.

Tennessee Golf Association Juinor Tour... Just a couple of the two day tournaments

Tennessee Golf Association Juinor Tour... Just a couple of the two day tournaments

Gotcha, how is your Junior Golf association set up? The one here in Alaska hasn't been set up well in the past, but some new people took it over, so it should be better.

tgajuniortour.com

Its pretty good.. Taylormade/Adidas sponsers the two day tournaments so we get free stuff when we play in them

On Thursday I've got the Pub Links Qualifier, hopefully I play well, it will take a pretty low score to win it.

Ya i dont know if id be able to compete in tourneys like those though. I have worked all winter with a college golf coach and TPI pro and got more than 10 strokes better. Unfortunately when you get that much better that fast your mental game kinda lags. I have/will be playing in tourneys this summer locally, and so far im competing well. Id really like to play in college but probably a D-II venue, hopefully somewhere in Arizona/Cali! :laugh:

Ya i dont know if id be able to compete in tourneys like those though. I have worked all winter with a college golf coach and TPI pro and got more than 10 strokes better. Unfortunately when you get that much better that fast your mental game kinda lags. I have/will be playing in tourneys this summer locally, and so far im competing well. Id really like to play in college but probably a D-II venue, hopefully somewhere in Arizona/Cali! :laugh:

What's your handicap down to? And have you talked to any coaches about playing at their schools?

Back